Celebrity: What's up with Infinity September-October 2016

milesfromu

The 2016 Dreamforce conference is September 20-23. The new Canal sailing leaves the 24th from San Fran. October 4th, 7th, and 17th are scratched. The original Canal sailing of 9/18 now leaves the 27th and is now 16 nights. Infinity wraps up Alaska from Vancouver on 9/11. So there are 9-10 days before ship is to be in San Fran. Perhaps the pacific sailing on 9/11 is going to be extended. Might add days to 10/24 cause doubtful X would do 3 nighter. This seems to be how things are shaping unless more dates are affected by charters.

Appreciate the update but I'm missing something in your post. Does the PC trip leave September 24 or Sept 27? 16-nights instead of the original 15 nights makes sense because of the extra distance from SF instead of SD.

I'm happy to leave from SF. Always wanted to sail under the GG bridge.

So still no official word from Celebrity but it seems at least 2 of the Infinity cruises are in fact cancelled. Well that's a surprise!!

Lets now all hope and pray that Celebrity, having had all this time to plan and prepare, put in place a really great customer-centric solution to show how much they really care and appreciate our business...or not!

Re your post with diff itin below..now we are confused.....guess we have to check the website again and call them again....no contact from Celebrity so far....cruise will be great, dealing with Celebrity....not so much!

I am still confused ? Here is what the web site says ?

DAY 1 OCT 24, 2016

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

DAY 2 OCT 25, 2016

Key West, Florida

DAY 3 OCT 26, 2016

At Sea

DAY 4 OCT 27, 2016

At Sea

DAY 5 OCT 28, 2016

Oranjestad, Aruba

DAY 6 OCT 29, 2016

Oranjestad, Aruba

DAY 7 OCT 30, 2016

Kralendijk, Bonaire

DAY 8 OCT 31, 2016

Willemstad, Curacao

DAY 9 NOV 1, 2016

At Sea

DAY 10 NOV 2, 2016

At Sea

DAY 11 NOV 3, 2016

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I just went to the Celebrity website and pulled up same info I had before....did not show a revised itin...Are you looking at Celeb US website or something from your TA.? Not sure how we could get diff website info...but seeing how plausible that could be with Celebrity.in its current state of "surprises"

if it is changing, we are thinking .the itin you show has too many sea days and is too long a cruise on an older ship...but we have time to figure it out...

also shows dep on the 24th but thought I read the Canal cruise would return on the 23rd...

Maybe a land based all inclusive resort looking like a better alternative this time around...!

Edited by hcat

I just went to the Celebrity website and pulled up same info I had before....did not show a revised itin...Are you looking at Celeb US website or something from your TA.? Not sure how we could get diff website info...but seeing how plausible that could be with Celebrity.in its current state of "surprises"

if it is changing, we are thinking .the itin you show has too many sea days and is too long a cruise on an older ship...but we have time to figure it out...

WEB site US

To make it more confusing in November there is a Nov 3rd & 6th then off to Panama

Just too strange...

we will access the Celebrity website from another computer and see what comes up...

Also found a nice cruise on Azamara ...less confusion...more money!

AHA,

So Sorry...after re reading your posts and checking website again, I do get it now..and seems you are correct..

.When I actually opened and expanded the Sea and Stay listing, it does show the longer cruise leaving on the 24th....

wonder if Celebrity will let us know and honor our price...if itin is changing...rather than outright cancel our cruise ....what did they tell your Trvl agnt?

.not sure why it was loaded under the See and Stay but with Celeb IT, you never know.,,

AHA,

So Sorry...after re reading your posts and checking website again, I do get it now..and seems you are correct..

.When I actually opened and expanded the Sea and Stay listing, it does show the longer cruise leaving on the 24th....

wonder if Celebrity will let us know and honor our price...if itin is changing...rather than outright cancel our cruise ....what did they tell your Trvl agnt?

.not sure why it was loaded under the See and Stay but with Celeb IT, you never know.,,

It says its longer but its not One leaves on the 24th the other on the 27th !

Agent on line Celebrity web site could not see the 24th sailing ? Said it was probably updated before it was suppose to. It appears to me that everything is moved up by 3 days and we will probably be switched from the 27th to the 24th. Take note of the 24th price where some rooms jumped by $3000

If you mean a full refund of the deposit, that is a given. But that still does not begin to cover the fact that we have made plans for it, researched, etc. Plus all other fall 2016 cruises have gone up in price considerably. So to switch to one of those would be costly at this point.

Celebrity is facing many, disappointed, angry, loyal cruisers who may definitely go elsewhere. No they dont care. It it always the bottom line.

This is the first time we have booked with Celebrity, and from the beginning it was a little uncomfortable; trying to join the Connections Party to promised offers not appearing on our invoice and vague answers from the main office.

Many of us go through a time consuming process of choosing a cruise, and deposit our hard earned money to expect a top notch product in return. We book early to manage the rates and don't ever expect to be thrown off to pay for a higher booking fee. If that should happen we are considering taking our 2 other "planned":confused: cruises with Celebrity to another cruiseline.

Barbara

Just got off 2 calls to Celeb res agents...first one was very terse but insisted our cruise has no changes...that it will leave on Oct 24, 2016 and that the See and Stay hotel will be added in at a much later date to replace the longer itin listed for the 24th

second agent, conferred with her sup and the itinerary director....they advised it is an IT issue...and a hotel will go into that See and Stay space...not a longer cruise and no conflicting itin...

they did not say what the ship will be doing in the space between 10/23 and 10/ 27..so for now we are accepting this info...knowing things can always change..this one is a long ways off but at least for now, the booking is good,,,

This is the first time we have booked with Celebrity, and from the beginning it was a little uncomfortable; trying to join the Connections Party to promised offers not appearing on our invoice and vague answers from the main office.

Many of us go through a time consuming process of choosing a cruise, and deposit our hard earned money to expect a top notch product in return. We book early to manage the rates and don't ever expect to be thrown off to pay for a higher booking fee. If that should happen we are considering taking our 2 other "planned":confused: cruises with Celebrity to another cruiseline.

Barbara

Why not give them a try...onboard experience still good to excellent...but we may also try Azamara, your offers and perks should appear on the res about a month after booking and they will send you an upate if you call..suggest you do so...

It says its longer but its not One leaves on the 24th the other on the 27th !

Agent on line Celebrity web site could not see the 24th sailing ? Said it was probably updated before it was suppose to. It appears to me that everything is moved up by 3 days and we will probably be switched from the 27th to the 24th. Take note of the 24th price where some rooms jumped by $3000

If you read the information on the website it said that it is a pre cruise stay in Fort Lauderdale. It included 3 nights in Lauderdale, two tours, and transfers to the ship. That is the price difference. Then leaving on the 27th. Looks like they just put the wrong dates on the itinerary which would not be the first time.

Just got off 2 calls to Celeb res agents...first one was very terse but insisted our cruise has no changes...that it will leave on Oct 24, 2016 and that the See and Stay hotel will be added in at a much later date to replace the longer itin listed for the 24th

second agent, conferred with her sup and the itinerary director....they advised it is an IT issue...and a hotel will go into that See and Stay space...not a longer cruise and no conflicting itin...

they did not say what the ship will be doing in the space between 10/23 and 10/ 27..so for now we are accepting this info...knowing things can always change..this one is a long ways off but at least for now, the booking is good,,,

Ok thanks! Why is there a November 3rd & 6th ruise a double mistake ! LOL

Appreciate the update but I'm missing something in your post. Does the PC trip leave September 24 or Sept 27? 16-nights instead of the original 15 nights makes sense because of the extra distance from SF instead of SD.

I'm happy to leave from SF. Always wanted to sail under the GG bridge.

Apologies, based on "Tom's" post (#99 of this thread) and the info he has from X, the PC cruise leaves San Fran on 10/7 and arrives in FL on 10/23. That leaves 9-10 days between when the Alaska from Vancouver sailings end and the 2016 Dreamforce conference begins in San Fran, and 13 days between when Dreamforce ends in San Fran and the PC leaves San Fran. Total speculation, but one can only assume Infinity will be doing something on the Pacific Coast before and after Dreamforce 2016.

Hoping to hear something soon.

Apologies, based on "Tom's" post (#99 of this thread) and the info he has from X, the PC cruise leaves San Fran on 10/7 and arrives in FL on 10/23. That leaves 9-10 days between when the Alaska from Vancouver sailings end and the 2016 Dreamforce conference begins in San Fran, and 13 days between when Dreamforce ends in San Fran and the PC leaves San Fran. Total speculation, but one can only assume Infinity will be doing something on the Pacific Coast before and after Dreamforce 2016.

yea, this is really confusing me too. my TA sent me a new reservation from x (i posted the itinerary and dates) but other places are showing different. what the heck! ta stated that celebrity should have more info to him today....not holding my breath

have a great day

-tom

I'm excited to hear about the new SF cruises. Before DreamForce, I'm guessing they will do a Vancouver to SF Alaska cruise. After DreamForce should be some interesting Pac Coastals.

If you read the information on the website it said that it is a pre cruise stay in Fort Lauderdale. It included 3 nights in Lauderdale, two tours, and transfers to the ship. That is the price difference. Then leaving on the 27th. Looks like they just put the wrong dates on the itinerary which would not be the first time.

Right, that's exactly what it said on the first level screen....The confusion resulted b/c when you clicked "book" under the Sea and Stay" trip...it showed an alternate cruise itin...nothing about hotel or excursions....Celeb said that was an IT issue....guess they corrected it if what you see is now hotel pre cruise....so no worries for now!

yea, this is really confusing me too. my TA sent me a new reservation from x (i posted the itinerary and dates) but other places are showing different. what the heck! ta stated that celebrity should have more info to him today....not holding my breath

have a great day

-tom

I contacted my travel agent after I saw your post last night. She has informed me that it is exactly as you posted last night. We have the same cabin, same amenities and shipboard credit for same price for 6 more nights. We are excited to see many new ports of call!

Linda

I contacted my travel agent after I saw your post last night. She has informed me that it is exactly as you posted last night. We have the same cabin, same amenities and shipboard credit for same price for 6 more nights. We are excited to see many new ports of call!

Linda

Congrats to you Linda, nice score. Just noted X has three new sailings on its site now, one is yours, an additional Hubbard Glacier, and the other is a 7 night Pacific coastal from Vancouver to Vancouver. Not much of a replacement for the original 7 nighter from Vancouver to San Diego. Still a big gap between 9/25 and 10/7.

My, how it has all changed! Our Sept 11th cruise has changed from Pacific Coastal to an Alaskan cruise, both of which are RT out of Vancouver. Our original Sept. 11th was a Pacific Coast from Vancouver to San Diego, but now the PC cruise departs on Sept. 18th, and the Alaskan on Sept. 11th. Hmmm, wonder how that's gonna work out?

Of course, I haven't heard anything yet -- will have to get my TA to check into it and see what shakes out; still nothing showing up on my reservations list either.

:D

Linda

I couldn't handle the SF flight from NJ and loose the ABC islands! Have fun enjoy your surprise trip!

If you look now on Celebrity there is a 4 night cruise on Infinity starting on Oct 23, 2016

Thanks. I seen that also. Not going to work out for me for a few reasons.

Not going to travel 1200 miles one way for a 4 day cruise.

Don't like the Bahamas

A four day cruise is to much hassle with packing, unpacking, muster drill and etc.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞