Transatlantic Prices waaay up?

Hi everyone!

I booked my first Transatlantic Cruise back in 2012, it was a 16 night Rome - Galveston. It was, to date, the best cruise I've even been on.

So much so that the following year I booked one from Barcelona to Galveston (14 night)

One thing I liked about these cruises was the price. I found it a great value as you were getting two weeks worth, usually for the same price, if not less, than a one week regular cruise.

For a balcony cabin I was paying about $2000 all taxes in for two people.

I couldn't do a TA last year so I thought I'd look into doing one this year, or next year. Much to my surprise the prices are way up. atleast 50-60% more than just a couple years ago.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Is TA the new "in thing" and everyone is booking them? What gives?

On my Vision TA in October I purchased a D1 balcony when the cruise first came out for $3257 all in for two people. I was thinking it will come down at some point. Since i booked it's got as high as $6355 and now sits around $6100.WOW!

A few months ago I booked my TA on Brilliance for April 2016 and got an Aft JS for $3095 all in....now it's over $4500

Hi, we were on that cruise too, since then we've done two more TA's on Oasis and Vision, in our experience the prices are low, then go up but do seem to drop back a bit. We have noticed the TA's for next year have gone up in price but maybe that's to do with different promotions coming up too.

Yes the prices have certainly risen. Our most recent experience has been on NCL Epic last October. That crossing must have been near capacity, sun beds hard to find free & many more nationalities onboard than previous years, obviously being marketed in many more countries.

It does pay to keep a good eye on any itineraries you are interested in. We are back on Royal next year after a 5 year gap. Got a great price on an inside on Brilliance TA next Oct inc gratuities & select drinks for £530 (booked in March), price now £706.

As many others have said it's like playing the stock market. They can offer any percentage they like off the "brochure" fare as nobody knows what that is any way!

Happy cruise hunting

Mark & Heather

Booked JS for Navigator TA next May, 13 nights, 4 cruise ports for $2304 pp with all taxes and charges while on board last week. The next day the rate had risen about $200 pp. However, a cruise friend said she had looked at it when it opened in March and the price had risen from that original price about $500 pp. Too bad I didn,t look at in in March! This will be our first TA!

We've been looking at Westbound TA's for this year or next year and Royal's prices are too high for us AND much higher than we have paid on two previous TA's. The non-cruise fare cost of TA's gets quite high with airfare and pre-cruise expenses in a foreign country so I need the lower cruise fare to balance it out.

Princess is high on their TA's too. Of the lines we like and consider, Celebrity has the best TA pricing by far.

In Europe the Prices went up quickly after around 2 weeks.

But still some good bargins.

I got the Allure´s October 15 - D5 for Euro 1048 for the cabin. C&A Discount - over 55 and the Weekend Special.

Equinox April 16 Concierge 3 All in for Euro 1468 each. Super Price !!

Indi 30th October 16 D2 for Euro 1287 booked March 15 today it costs Euro 2215 each

It´s worth booking as soon as they are available

happy cruising

Stephen

So every March is when the transatlantic cruises are first listed? Asking because I'd like to book for fall 2017. ;)

That's the way it has been the last few years. Sometimes there is a ship that lags (like Rhapsody this year) and might not be scheduled until later.