Britannia Sunset Bar

Valentine1925

Hi

Times in "Horizon" show as Noon to Late. On our cruise it was open at 2200 hrs. Depends what they think is late ? Its a very nice area to seat and watch the Sun go down. Have a great cruise.

Regards

Martyn

I think 'late' depends on the number of customers in the bar. On Oceana i heard a bar supervisor telling staff off for starting to close the main bar at about midnight. Apparently the number of customers required to keep the bar open had recently been reduced but the staff ignored this.

so on a balmy summer evening with little wind maybe the sunset bar will be open to midnight :)

Aaaahhhh thanks Kevin for posting these fantastic pictures. I have a feeling that there may be more people with drinks in hands when Britannia is sailing in a warmer climate - can't wait!!

We are on the same cruise as yourselves, so we might have a glass or two at the same time.

John and Angie :)

Hi John

Welcome back from your cruise - hope you had a lovely time. You and your wife are very welcome to join us for a drink in the lovely Sunset Bar. I think I will have to try a pink gin in the Crows Nest first.

Hi John

Welcome back from your cruise - hope you had a lovely time. You and your wife are very welcome to join us for a drink in the lovely Sunset Bar. I think I will have to try a pink gin in the Crows Nest first.

You must try the Laverstoke Gin Cocktail in the crows nest. I dont even drink Gin but it comes in a huge fishbowl glass and is delicious.

d3fc667b8565007cc40eada9c38d4942.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You must try the Laverstoke Gin Cocktail in the crows nest. I dont even drink Gin but it comes in a huge fishbowl glass and is delicious.

d3fc667b8565007cc40eada9c38d4942.jpg

Is that advert from the ship or the distillery? Kevin. Oceana had a wonderful gin and tonic much as above but with cinnamon and lots of squeezed lime juice.

Spot on.

Is that advert from the ship or the distillery? Kevin. Oceana had a wonderful gin and tonic much as above but with cinnamon and lots of squeezed lime juice.

Spot on.

Dai its from the Britannia Crows Nest Gin menu which is very extensive. I saw someone drinking something that took two hands to hold and looked amazing so I asked what it was. My Mum likes gin and tried it too and loved it as well.

Thanks for the tip Kevin and I will indeed try this. I am under strict instructions from my gin loving friends to try all the gins but I am not allowed to taste any we have already tried. I will take a notebook and make a note of each gin I sample. To date, my favourite gin I have tried is Bootleg 21; a gin distilled in New York. This is going to be a very enjoyable challenge for me!!!

Sorry to be a 'moaner' but this doesn't seem to live up to the Sunset Bars on the Solstice class ships. Too much seems to be undercover. Can someone reassure us that there are enough seats where you can enjoy the sun or sit under the stars?????

Sorry to be a 'moaner' but this doesn't seem to live up to the Sunset Bars on the Solstice class ships. Too much seems to be undercover. Can someone reassure us that there are enough seats where you can enjoy the sun or sit under the stars?????

Its a very large area, many undercover seats but many around the edge that are in the open. We been on the Solstace class and whilst this isnt the same its a very nice area, but different. The sunset bar on a Solstace class ship can feel a bit remote whereas on Britannia its more inclusive being just outside the buffet.

Certainly we would like to enjoy it in warmer circumstancers than our March Britannnia cruise.

Its a very large area, many undercover seats but many around the edge that are in the open. We been on the Solstace class and whilst this isnt the same its a very nice area, but different. The sunset bar on a Solstace class ship can feel a bit remote whereas on Britannia its more inclusive being just outside the buffet.

Certainly we would like to enjoy it in warmer circumstancers than our March Britannnia cruise.

Cheers - that's good to know. Am sure we will make use of it and not moan too much ;)

Dai its from the Britannia Crows Nest Gin menu which is very extensive. I saw someone drinking something that took two hands to hold and looked amazing so I asked what it was. My Mum likes gin and tried it too and loved it as well.

I can see I am going to have 4 weeks of hell. Decisions decisions.

Do you have to.walk through the buffet to get to.this bar like you do.on the celebrity ships?

Do you have to.walk through the buffet to get to.this bar like you do.on the celebrity ships?

the entrances are in the aft lift lobby so you can walk through the buffet or take the lift/stairs.

there is lots of covered area, a good idea in my opinion as it is usable when raining. Not much wind protection though, essentially useless on a norwegian cruise. there are a few seats each side somewhat protected from the wind but on the port side they are for smokers.

No, but the buffet is so close its tempting to grab some nibbles to enjoy with your pre-dinner drinks.