Another activity now has a fee

jelayne

I live in the Apple world and love my Mac Book Pro, iPad and iPhone.

I would take an Apple class on board the Celebrity if I ever had time.

My next cruise of 14 days will have four sea days so I will check out the classes.

$10.00 fee is a non factor.

I know where you are coming from Patty and Santafefan. For me its about all of my equipment (tablet, phone, computer (though I do hate the Mac Pro) and Apple TV) sincing. Also, from the reviews I have read, there isn't an android tablet that comes close to an ipad (including storage). If you know different, I'd be genuinely interested.

I know where you are coming from Patty and Santafefan. For me its about all of my equipment (tablet, phone, computer (though I do hate the Mac Pro) and Apple TV) sincing. Also, from the reviews I have read, there isn't an android tablet that comes close to an ipad (including storage). If you know different, I'd be genuinely interested.

Fortunately for all of us, syncing between all of our devices is possible, whether Android or IOS platforms. I sync my Motorola smartphone, my Samsung tablet, my Panasonic smart TV, and my Dell table top PC. The real benefit to all of us users is that the competition forces all device manufacturers to continually improve their products. So if Apple comes out with a better product, competitors will improve their devices to stay competitive, then Apple will improve theirs again, and so on. Both platforms have taken cues from each other and introduced similar features, copying each other to keep up with the latest trends. Some people are offended by this "copy cat" culture, which all manufacturers are guilty of, even Apple. But as long as the products available to me continue to improve because of this competition, I don't care who copies who. ;)

Edited by SantaFeFan

I'm not sure what you're comparing (storage, processor, screen resolution, etc.) but have you looked at the Samsung Tab S.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I'll stop preaching android now.

Fortunately for all of us, syncing between all of our devices is possible, whether Android or IOS platforms. I sync my Motorola smartphone, my Samsung tablet, my Panasonic smart TV, and my Dell table top PC. The real benefit to all of us users is that the competition forces all device manufacturers to continually improve their products. So if Apple comes out with a better product, competitors will improve their devices to stay competitive, then Apple will improve theirs again, and so on. Both platforms have taken cues from each other and introduced similar features, copying each other to keep up with the latest trends. Some people are offended by this "copy cat" culture, which all manufacturers are guilty of, even Apple. But as long as the products available to me continue to improve because of this competition, I don't care who copies who. ;)

I'm with you on that. I did consider a different tablet when I bought my most recent iPad, but couldn't find one with a capacity to match it (128g). I also considered going to another manufacturer when I bought the latest Apple TV gadget last week, but I couldn't find one that had an optical output which allowed me to connect my surround sound speakers in addition to the HDMI connection to the TV. There was much grumbling and cursing before I bought it because the previous version worked fine, Apple just (overnight) stopped supporting You Tube on it! I have a real love/hate relationship with Apple.

Edited by Priya2

It is interesting that so many people have had different experiences. We have never taken the classes, but agree with the posters above that have said that the larger classes in the theater have been free but as far back as we can remember we have always seen the *in the dailies next to the classes in the iLounge indicating there was an additional fee. I believe it was $10.00

It is now $10.00. It was FREE in January on the Infinity. Believe me, DH would not have spent $10 to take a class on a cruise and these classes were not in the theater.

I am 100% sure of our two cruises this year and it seems others are sure of what they have experienced as well. Perhaps the policy was different from ship to ship and time to time, not universal changing only this year.

It seems some activities are free with materials provided (like the nice scrapbook packets that our friend gets) and others have fees.

Perhaps as someone said, the $10 is to make the group fit in the room.

Celebrity has NEVER called itself "all inclusive". They have offered promotions that have certain items "all inclusive", such as the beverage package, or pre-paid gratuities. But if you are fooled into thinking such a promotion means EVERYTHING is included, then that quote by P.T.Barnum about something being "born every minute" certainly fits.

And, they have not taken away and "free" food options, only added ADDITIONAL dining options that have a fee. No one is forced to eat at any fee dining venue. Everything that has always been "free" is still "free". The difference is now you have more choice!

I have no idea why people have such a hatred for more options and variety! :rolleyes:

The quote "Don't miss out on our cruise special offer, 123go! All Inclusive." is from Celebrity. It is dated from Nov 24 2014. You can do a google search. Celebrity is calling themselves All Inclusive.

I do like Celebrity and cruise with them the most. We normally get Concierge and above cabins and have seen cabin prices going up. I'm most likely going to book 2 more Celebrity cruises next week. I might also book 2b2 on Royal next week also. I was going to book Celebrity 14 night southern caribbean. But the cost for 2 in a Aqua cabin was $6500 to $7000. We have done that cruise 2 times before.

We normally get Concierge and above cabins and have seen cabin prices going up also. What I was pointing out was where there are additional fees on the cruise ship.

I live in the Apple world and love my Mac Book Pro, iPad and iPhone.

I would take an Apple class on board the Celebrity if I ever had time.

My next cruise of 14 days will have four sea days so I will check out the classes.

$10.00 fee is a non factor.

Another example of more charges. However, you will find some people that will say....

'It is only $10.'

Here is another $10 fee with the Tips and Pkgs increase. The Pub charging $8 for a burger, etc.

Celebrity, you are going to price yourself out. You are not Crystal or any other TOP cruise line. Get Real!!!

So after a good number of comments,mit seems as tho you are correct, most will say the fee is a non factor.

So after a good number of comments,mit seems as tho you are correct, most will say the fee is a non factor.

Different strokes for different folks. I personally would not pay for an iPhone class. Years ago I went to an Apple Store and they had free classes. That was a very poor experience since it was so basic. Those who want to will go. We all have a choice.