Another activity now has a fee

jelayne

Just off the Constellation on the 28th and the ILearn sessions offered on board now have a $10 fee. According to the ILounge Manager this fee was added in early May.

Another example of more charges. However, you will find some people that will say....

'It is only $10.'

Here is another $10 fee with the Tips and Pkgs increase. The Pub charging $8 for a burger, etc.

Celebrity, you are going to price yourself out. You are not Crystal or any other TOP cruise line. Get Real!!!

The change came somewhere between our January cruise on the Infinity and April one on the Millie. They did offer one free class for everyone in the theater and another free class for Captain's Club, also in the theater. The one I went to was excellent. DH had gone to all of them for free in January...I just made the free ones this time. I do wonder how many attended with a cost. It was SRO for the classes in a small venue in January. Not sure what the motivation is....I thought the classes were a way of selling product in their Apple Store onboard.

Edited by HokiePoq

Every sailing we have been on for the last couple of years I am sure there were charges for lessons in the iLounge. The only free ones were held in the theatre. Even with the charges they were packed and you had to get there early. But reading post above maybe I was mistaken.

Edited by Christine Frances

Every sailing we have been on for the last couple of years I am sure there were charges for lessons in the iLounge. The only free ones were held in the theatre. Even with the charges they were packed and you had to get there early. But reading post above maybe I was mistaken.

This was our experience too. There was a charge for each class in the iLounge, or a single charge for the whole set which was quite a bit lower. They were very well attended, even with the charge. DH was quite impressed with them. I am a long time Mac user, right from the Apple 2 to the iPad Air, but he is now a convert.

Sheila

I never attended any classes but I too remember a fee going back several years. I was in the computer center checking email when a class was getting ready to start and I was asked if I wanted to participate for a fee.

DH and/or I attended classes in Celebrity Central in late 2012 and again in July, 2013, September, 2013 and January, 2014- all for no charge. There was no offer of a lowere price for signing up for all of the classes on the cruise we just left.

Free on my Millie cruise last year because I reluctantly sat it on the tail end of one session waiting for trivia to start. I wouldn't be surprised if they added the fee because of some bizarre Apple licensing rules. Apple truly are evil and Jobs was the antichrist.

Edited by gek

I suppose you could sign up for classes at your longer community college. Or does the Apple store have classes?

At any rate Apple was smart to get children hooked on their product.

DH and/or I attended classes in Celebrity Central in late 2012 and again in July, 2013, September, 2013 and January, 2014- all for no charge. There was no offer of a lowere price for signing up for all of the classes on the cruise we just left.

This was our experience as well. Confusing here that others experienced costs before this year. Definitely free in conference room space in January, 2015, on Infinity; definitely charging on Millie in April in conference room.

Maybe X has changed back and forth over the years.

This was our experience as well. Confusing here that others experienced costs before this year. Definitely free in conference room space in January, 2015, on Infinity; definitely charging on Millie in April in conference room.

Maybe X has changed back and forth over the years.

The lessons on the conference rooms and the theatre are free but the lessons in the iLounge (with the personal help available) have always had a charge.

Edited by Christine Frances

The general classes offered for free are pretty pointless for anyone with some amount of knowledge of Apple products. If there was an offering that provided more value in terms of knowledge for $10, I would be all for that.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

The general classes offered for free are pretty pointless for anyone with some amount of knowledge of Apple products. If there was an offering that provided more value in terms of knowledge for $10, I would be all for that.

We have had iPhones and iPads for years and I always find/learn something new from these guys

(Especially Richard) as the technology changes so fast

We have had iPhones and iPads for years and I always find/learn something new from these guys

(Especially Richard) as the technology changes so fast

I'm not disagreeing in that there is some value for the free class. My point is that I would be willing to pay for a class where I felt there is lots of value.

This was our experience too. There was a charge for each class in the iLounge, or a single charge for the whole set which was quite a bit lower. They were very well attended, even with the charge. DH was quite impressed with them. I am a long time Mac user, right from the Apple 2 to the iPad Air, but he is now a convert.

Sheila

We have not been charged over the last year. I'm a slow learner but I wanted to "master" the Apple "ecosystem" with my recently acquired iPad and Mac Air.

I just sold my MacAir.... lessons learned and I don't have a smart phone.

If they were that smart they would do everything without me having to go back to school... ;)

The free classes in Celebrity Central became so popular that now they are usually held in the Theatre. The classes in the iLounge always had a fee.

We were on the Connie last year; classes were free in both the iLounge and the instructors tried to move the class twice to a larger venue to accommodate the number of people.

Personally, I would NOT pay $10 to stand on the stairway from the library to the iLounge and try to hear and see the what was going on (which I did for one class)! The crowd was two to three deep even outside the iLounge looking through the windows. A number of folks also brought chairs from their nearby rooms into the iLounge for the last few classes. (I did that for my DW)

It was excellent instruction, a good general Q & A after, followed with some personal one-on-one for a good number of folks.

It is interesting that so many people have had different experiences. We have never taken the classes, but agree with the posters above that have said that the larger classes in the theater have been free but as far back as we can remember we have always seen the *in the dailies next to the classes in the iLounge indicating there was an additional fee. I believe it was $10.00

It is interesting that so many people have had different experiences. We have never taken the classes, but agree with the posters above that have said that the larger classes in the theater have been free but as far back as we can remember we have always seen the *in the dailies next to the classes in the iLounge indicating there was an additional fee. I believe it was $10.00

That has been my experience as well. Classes with personalized training have a fee. A generic group class is typically free.