Oceania Marina cancels yet another port; Holyhead, UK

citypete

Not sure what you mean about "on Oceania you are on your own"...a more appropriate statement would be, "any time you take a private excursion, on any cruise line in the world, you are on your own". No reason to try to cast aspersions on Oceania...

I am so sorry I offended you as I know how sensitive you are about comments about Oceania. My thinking was you can save a lot of money by taking private tours over the ones Oceania sells however you are on your own. Hope this clears this up !!!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

I am so sorry I offended you as I know how sensitive you are about comments about Oceania. My thinking was you can save a lot of money by taking private tours over the ones Oceania sells however you are on your own. Hope this clears this up !!!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

And ai am sorry I misread it. Sella Vee pointed out the other way it could be read, and knowing you, from your posts, I immediately agreed. I was just a bit hypersensitive because I had just returned from the NCL forum :o.

Marina is not leaving Amsterdam tonight. The reason announced is predicted high winds at the locks at IJmuiden canal making it unsafe. Marina is now cancelling Bremerhaven tomorrow and sailing at 3pm tomorrow for the next port scheduled at Oslo.

Debbie

Marina is not leaving Amsterdam tonight. The reason announced is predicted high winds at the locks at IJmuiden canal making it unsafe. Marina is now cancelling Bremerhaven tomorrow and sailing at 3pm tomorrow for the next port scheduled at Oslo.

Debbie

Sorry to hear that

The cruise is not turning out very well for you

Is the bug gone??

Lyn

Not to be a Debbie-Downer, but on the Lima-NYC cruise it took a while to appear (5-6 days? I haven't checked my diary) ... then NYC-Montreal it didn't seem to be there. But it recurred on Montreal-Southampton ... again, after a week or so.

Each time the ship seemed to say that passengers had brought it on. I know on the Lima-NYC cruise they were saying that people who'd been in Cusco brought it on board. And I believe that someone on the Montreal cruise said the doctor claimed it was brought on board by a passenger ... Still not at all sure that I buy that. Those of us who were in Cusco on two occasions prior to boarding the ship did not have the problem.

I was also told that this tends to happen in warmer climates, which we certainly had Lima-NYC, and Lyn had said that it was warm in Montreal.

I would just pay attention to make sure it doesn't show up about a week into the cruise! I would think it won't ... I sure hope it doesn't!

Mura

We met people at the hotel in Montreal that had just gotten off a HAL ship that had the Bug so quite possible someone passed it on to one of us who inturn took it aboard

Mura Debbie has been on since NYC when you departed

Debbie I hope this segment is Bug free

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

We met people at the hotel in Montreal that had just gotten off a HAL ship that had the Bug so quite possible someone passed it on to one of us who inturn took it aboard

Mura Debbie has been on since NYC when you departed

Debbie I hope this segment is Bug free

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

I agree with your suggestion that it was passed from HAL passenger/s. Especially when one person, who came down to meet the CC meet up and whose relative was suffering from the bug whilst in the hotel. But of course we'll never know for sure.

Hi All,

We have still not been sick since May 7th when we boarded Marina. The Montreal to Southampton was over the CDC 2% limit for announcements and special cleaning and procedures. So far the June 3 segment that started in Southampton has been bug free as far as I know. They did the special cleaning on turnaround day in Southampton and so far no announcements. There are still lots of people carrying around those sanitizing cloths in the gallon buckets and wiping every surface down as soon as they see someone touch it. They are still at the door to Terrace asking people to sanitize their hands, but not as stridently as they did earlier. Clearly the entire ship staff is wary of it now, but the laundry rooms are open again. Fingers crossed it is gone for good! Debbie

Hope so:)

We were on the Montreal to Southampton cruise.

I couldn't understand how there were staff at the entrances to the Terrace, but no one to monitor the entrance to the MDR, where people were strolling in straight from external trips.

It's not as if people can serve themselves in the Terrace:confused:

Healthy sailing everyone:)

Edited by turnip eater

Hi All,

We have still not been sick since May 7th when we boarded Marina. The Montreal to Southampton was over the CDC 2% limit for announcements and special cleaning and procedures. So far the June 3 segment that started in Southampton has been bug free as far as I know. They did the special cleaning on turnaround day in Southampton and so far no announcements. There are still lots of people carrying around those sanitizing cloths in the gallon buckets and wiping every surface down as soon as they see someone touch it. They are still at the door to Terrace asking people to sanitize their hands, but not as stridently as they did earlier. Clearly the entire ship staff is wary of it now, but the laundry rooms are open again. Fingers crossed it is gone for good! Debbie

I guess the crew are tired of being sick as well & cleaning up the messes

Stay healthy

Lyn

I agree with your suggestion that it was passed from HAL passenger/s. Especially when one person, who came down to meet the CC meet up and whose relative was suffering from the bug whilst in the hotel. But of course we'll never know for sure.

The virus lives on surface for days so it is quite possible to get it from the elevator buttons etc...

Hope you were bug free

Lyn

The virus lives on surface for days so it is quite possible to get it from the elevator buttons etc...

Hope you were bug free

Lyn

Yes thank you. Aaaah the dreaded lift buttons. We always wash hands first thing when returning to room:)

Didn't even get the dreaded cruise-cough or cold this trip:):)

Hope so:)

We were on the Montreal to Southampton cruise.

I couldn't understand how there were staff at the entrances to the Terrace, but no one to monitor the entrance to the MDR, where people were strolling in straight from external trips.

It's not as if people can serve themselves in the Terrace:confused:

Healthy sailing everyone:)

I agree that staff should be a little more insistent on passengers hand sanitizing on entering public rooms. we are quite careful about it but still hubby succumbed :(

On our last cruise, at a certain point in the cruise (Guatemala I think) notes were placed in each cabin with bottles of hand sanitizer with instructions to step up the sanitation precautions and to carry and use the hand cleansers often. Also said more was available on request. Frankly, they can't follow people around and MAKE them keep clean... We have to be responsible as much as we can!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On our last cruise, at a certain point in the cruise (Guatemala I think) notes were placed in each cabin with bottles of hand sanitizer with instructions to step up the sanitation precautions and to carry and use the hand cleansers often. Also said more was available on request. Frankly, they can't follow people around and MAKE them keep clean... We have to be responsible as much as we can!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

when we returned to our room late, after dinner, as well as the choccies we were given a bottle of sanitiser...that set alarm bells ringing:eek:

I generally avoid elevators on ships as I have to burn extra calories for all the great food I'm eating. On the rare occasions I do ride elevators, on cruises or otherwise, I use my knuckles to press the buttons.

I generally avoid elevators on ships as I have to burn extra calories for all the great food I'm eating. On the rare occasions I do ride elevators, on cruises or otherwise, I use my knuckles to press the buttons.

Don't think it matters whether fingers or knuckles!!!