Craft beer varieties/menu?

Velvetwater

Hi

Just been doing lots of research on various Celebrity things and came across an old craft beer menu from Michael's bar that looks amazing. Did further reading and found out that Michaels bar is now a off limits area (at least for me) but that the craft beers were distributed across other bars on the ship namely Cellar masters but I could only find a wine list and an old Craft beers list from Michael's bar. Very desperate to know as a CAMRA member and beer lover with a homebrewing and fine beer loving husband. :)

So is there a beer menu that shows the craft beers (Cellar master or otherwise?)

If not has anyone had any experience of the range of beers on Celebrity? (particularly Solstice class ships in the Med)

We will be on the Equinox this summer.

IMHO Michaels Club is tremendously under utilized, but ????

On our Dec. Silhouette cruise, the Sunset and Passport bars had a few crafts, but Cellar Masters had a lot in their coolers--probably 40 different ones.

My wife and I were just on Equinox last month. It has the new GastroBar which has a selection of roughly 40 craft beers. I'm a big craft beer fan and I thought the selection was pretty good, even a few that I hadn't seen before. We were there most every night. The beers are generally between $8-12 - I upgraded to the Premium package so I could get what I wanted without worrying.

They had a beer and food pairing one afternoon and that was excellent - you have to sign up the day before (which wasn't advised in the program). The bartenders were excellent and fairly knowledgeable.

Equinox is a good ship for craft beer fans.

This is good news! Thanks :)

We were happy supping Cigar City ales on Carnival but having even more choice will be amazing.

We will definitely sign up for a beer and food pairing as we have liked the food on wine pairing on Carnival and general beer tasting back home.

All this craft beer and wine tasting machines mean we might not be able to get off the ship for a while. Oddly, it has been a goal of mine to drink a fruit/novelty beer on a ship. If I was in charge of beverage operations for a cruise line I would order Mongozo coconut/mango/banana beers for carribean sailings.

Edited by Velvetwater

I'm a CAMRA member too, loved the Gastrobar on the Eclipse.

Probably around 50+ beers on offer in the bar, in various other bars they had what I would class as mainstream beers e.g. Newcastle Brown Ale, Old Speckled Hen, Boddingtons etc There was a beer sommelier too, he certainly knew his stuff and was able to make recommendations to us that were really good.

If you have the premium package there will be more than enough beers to tempt you in the Gastrobar. We tried a good number of them, surprisingly though having been drawn to Celebrity due to the beer selection I loved the cocktails in the World Class Bar. Never thought I would be a cocktail drinker!

• 11 months later...
My wife and I were just on Equinox last month. It has the new GastroBar which has a selection of roughly 40 craft beers. I'm a big craft beer fan and I thought the selection was pretty good, even a few that I hadn't seen before. We were there most every night. The beers are generally between $8-12 - I upgraded to the Premium package so I could get what I wanted without worrying.

They had a beer and food pairing one afternoon and that was excellent - you have to sign up the day before (which wasn't advised in the program). The bartenders were excellent and fairly knowledgeable.

Equinox is a good ship for craft beer fans.

I am confused about the Gastrobar. Is it a restaurant or a bar? (or both?) There are food meus posted on some threads. So, can you go in and just get a beer and not order food? My family is looking forward to this on Equinox in July.

Thank you!

I am confused about the Gastrobar. Is it a restaurant or a bar? (or both?) There are food meus posted on some threads. So, can you go in and just get a beer and not order food? My family is looking forward to this on Equinox in July.

Thank you!

Yes, you can and most people do.

The food isn't free though! We didn't eat there, but it did look nice. It was the first sailing with this bar on our last cruise, having to pay confused some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you!

2013 on the Reflection we hung out at the Sunset Bar, 2014 on the Equinox split 50/50 tween Sunset and GastroBar. This past Nov 2015 almost all our bar time was at the GastroBar.

Now you will need the Premium bev pkg to full enjoy the beer selection, as there are only 3-4-5 in the Classic price coverage. They kept the wine the wifester liked in stock for her there too.

EW

70104320_gas1.jpg.07590de4416a09dc3e690c194d396502.jpg

We did have a great time there last Thanksgiving, didn't we!

How is ya Gregg? Tell Susan hey.

EW

The craft beers were nice and cold there EW, Sue is OK, I assume that everything is okie dokie as you like to say with Dana as well.:)

Just curious. Is Gastrobar on Reflection (or planning to be)? The deck plan still says Molecular..

Where is the biggest selection of beer found on Reflection?

Thanks!

The GastroBar replaced Cellar Masters on the Equinox, and the World Bar replaced Molecular.

On the Reflection the craft beer selection is at the Passport bar.

Disgraceful prices. And they don't pay excise taxes or indeed VAT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every craft beer bought in a retail venue over here carries an almost double the grocery shelf price, that is just the way it is to drink great beer.

Krebs Brewing Co a little hole in the wall brewer in Oklahoma brews variants of their stout that sell for $8-13 a 12 oz bottle, but in a restaurant I paid $20 for one of the rum barrel aged variants. So on ship or in a resort setting it is no different.

Heck the wine the wifester likes we can get on sale for $32.00, but at our favorite restaurant it is $78.00. That's just beer life in the ole U.S. of A.

Every craft beer bought in a retail venue over here carries an almost double the grocery shelf price, that is just the way it is to drink great beer.

Krebs Brewing Co a little hole in the wall brewer in Oklahoma brews variants of their stout that sell for $8-13 a 12 oz bottle, but in a restaurant I paid $20 for one of the rum barrel aged variants. So on ship or in a resort setting it is no different.

Heck the wine the wifester likes we can get on sale for $32.00, but at our favorite restaurant it is $78.00. That's just beer life in the ole U.S. of A.

Well, I am in the USA and don't pay anywhere NEAR those prices for those exact same beers, in restaurants and taverns, not in grocery stores. And in many that have food that would blow the pub grub in the Gastro Bar into space.

Plus, I don't pay a $4000-$20,000 "entry fee" (my cruise fare) to drink them.

Well, I am in the USA and don't pay anywhere NEAR those prices for those exact same beers, in restaurants and taverns, not in grocery stores. And in many that have food that would blow the pub grub in the Gastro Bar into space.

Plus, I don't pay a $4000-$20,000 "entry fee" (my cruise fare) to drink them.

COOL! If you can get the Krebs Prairie Bomb variants that cheap, we need to set up some trades! Can you get the Cigar City Jai Alai or Pliny The Elder there?

Please email me at my screen name @ aol, I'll Pay Pal you the $$!

EW

I will be on an EU cruise and live in Belgium so comparing pretty much like with like. The company will use its euros to purchase euro stock etc. And no excise and VAT is a significant advantage. The pricing is high which is why a premium drinks package at 70 dollars a day seems like a bargain in comparison.

I bought a Chouffe Houblon Dobbelen IPA Tripel the other day for 2 dollars (EUR 1.75). Delicious. That was in a store. Was 3.70 in my local bar. Great beer if you ever get the chance to taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk