Oasis.......Air conditioning in Cabin and Ship?

Hi all!

I was on the Radiance last summer and the A/C in our cabin was just OK, even on the coldest setting.....and that was in Alaska!

Now we are going to be on the Oasis in July and I am getting a bit nervous! How is the A/C in the cabins, as well as the rest of the ship?

I was on the Voyager a few years ago and there were quite a few public areas that were quite warm.

I am bringing a battery operated fan. :D

Thanks! :)

I was in the oasis 2 yrs ago and temperature was perfect. On the other hand I was in the allure last year and I was felt super warm everywhere, dinning room and specially at the shows.

I was in the oasis 2 yrs ago and temperature was perfect. On the other hand I was in the allure last year and I was felt super warm everywhere, dinning room and specially at the shows.

Had the same problem in our stateroom on Allure a few years ago, just could not get the stateroom cool enough.

Hi all!

I was on the Radiance last summer and the A/C in our cabin was just OK, even on the coldest setting.....and that was in Alaska!

Now we are going to be on the Oasis in July and I am getting a bit nervous! How is the A/C in the cabins, as well as the rest of the ship?

I was on the Voyager a few years ago and there were quite a few public areas that were quite warm.

I am bringing a battery operated fan. :D

Thanks! :)

I would definitely bring a fan or 2 to help combat the heat, and extra batteries! I just think when the humidity is beyond high and you have a lot of people gathering that area tends to be warm or just never cools enough. Enjoy and have fun!

The Allure last year was way too warm for all our cabins, we had four cabins total...hummm thinking now of canceling the Harmony and maybe going Princess forgot about the sleeping in the warm, it was not pleasant.

The Allure last year was way too warm for all our cabins, we had four cabins total...hummm thinking now of canceling the Harmony and maybe going Princess forgot about the sleeping in the warm, it was not pleasant.

I CANNOT sleep in a warm cabin :( I wont sleep at all if its too warm. I have to say Im kinda worried about Allure after reading this.

The first thing we do when we get into our cabin is crank the temps down and we also try and keep the curtains drawn when we arent in the room. When the sun shines in it can increase the temp in the room dramatically.

Has anyone ever called in help for bad A/C in the cabin?

Yes, we have at least a half-dozen times on different ships. Maintenance comes, fiddles around with stuff, and pronounces it all in working order. I don't even bother calling anymore.

Has anyone ever called in help for bad A/C in the cabin?

His solution was " remember to keep the balcony door locked "

I just smiled him back because I knew it wasn't his fault and there wasn't anything he could do

Yes, we have at least a half-dozen times on different ships. Maintenance comes, fiddles around with stuff, and pronounces it all in working order. I don't even bother calling anymore.

Thanks for the info Bob and Clarea. I almost called for my Vision cabin! It just seemed like the whole ship was having a hard time knocking the humidity out!

His solution was " remember to keep the balcony door locked "

I just smiled him back because I knew it wasn't his fault and there wasn't anything he could do

I've also been told by maintenance people that guest staterooms with balcony doors open can mess up the A/C for a number of nearby staterooms.

I've also been told by maintenance people that guest staterooms with balcony doors open can mess up the A/C for a number of nearby staterooms.

Bob,

Couldn't the cabin steward(s) help with checking those nearby cabins to ensure their balcony doors are closed?

Bob,

Couldn't the cabin steward(s) help with checking those nearby cabins to ensure their balcony doors are closed?

They might, but I'm sure my neighbor will tell him " this is my balcony " lol

They might, but I'm sure my neighbor will tell him " this is my balcony " lol

Correct. A number of times I've read about people who like to listen to the ocean at night while they sleep.

We also made a few calls to maintenance still too warm. I am wondering whether the very forward cabins are the best to get to ensure having cold ac at night, because very forward when the ship is moving is extremely windy don't think others keep their balcony door open in that much wind?? :rolleyes:

My first cruise on Allure in a GS was when the ship was less than a year old. It was WAY TOO warm to sleep.

Had a couple maintenance guys and a supervisor and there wasn't crap they could do about it. This was on the first night. I finally had them remove the vent plate over the bed so the air would just dump straight out on the bed because otherwise it pushes the air out the sides and just cools the metal panel on the ceiling and doesn't help much. It was a bit of a battle to get them to do that but they did it.

I kept requesting a fan but they didn't have any on board for "safety reasons". As an Electrical Engineer I called BS on that.

Since I was in a suite I got things escalated up to the hotel director (it was a $8500 suite afterall). I busted his balls for a while that I know the reason is because they are trying to save a few $$ by running the chill water system that feeds the rooms at the minimum level they can get away with at the guests expense.

On the first day in port they actually went out and purchased a fan for the room. I actually saw them from our balcony carrying it up the gangway.

When we sailed on Allure a few years later in a GS I requested a fan for our room before our cruise and it was there when we boarded with no questions.

Edited by sblair