Anthem or Oasis? Experienced Input Requested.

We are considering a multi-family trip next summer and I am tearing my hair out trying to decide which ship! I would dearly LOVE and appreciate input from my fellow experienced RC cruisers.

With our relatively short window we are looking at either the Anthem 5-day to Bermuda, or Oasis 7-day (Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Kitts). Prices are fairly close to each other (which makes DH vote Oasis for the extra 2 days, hands down!)

Background - Our group is comprised of several families, ages from late teens to mid-50's. We have all cruised several ships before, but no one has been on Quantum class yet.

Bermuda and St. Kitts would be new ports for all of us.

So... any general input from those who have been on both? We do love the Oasis class, but are tempted by the chance to try a new class. However, we do like a lot of ship activities, and we are familiar with the Oasis. How does the Anthem compare in terms of promenade dance parties, Quest game, pool games? Our younger members are big flow-rider fans so thank goodness that's on both ships.

Is dining with a large group any more difficult on the Anthem with all the various restaurants?

Yes, I've been trying to read up on various threads, but some direct comparisons would be wonderful to have.

Thank you! :)

Edited by renech

Oasis class has the wow factor, Quantum did not for us and others agreed.

Quantum was incredible for me, Way more wow than Oasis by a mile. Some people truly hated Quantum, some loved it. Imho the bottom line in your situation is this:

7 nights vs, 5? Same price? Hands down winner is Oasis.

Besides the 5 vs. 7 days, Quantum Class is such a totally different ship, you will not recognize it when you board and if you're familair with RCL ships, you will not feel at home. You can put the label "ACME CruiseLines" on the side of the ship and you wouldn't know the difference. If your personality is that you do not like change, and especially if you do not like making your own decisions/reservations for all the various activities, then stick to Oasis.

And this is coming from a Quantum Class lover... I would choose 7 days on Oasis over 5 in Anthem. Anthem really needs more than 5 days to really enjoy her to her fullest for everything there is to offer. Save that for another cruise minimum 7 nights :D

Quantum was incredible for me, Way more wow than Oasis by a mile. Some people truly hated Quantum, some loved it. Imho the bottom line in your situation is this:

7 nights vs, 5? Same price? Hands down winner is Oasis.

Besides the 5 vs. 7 days, Quantum Class is such a totally different ship, you will not recognize it when you board and if you're familair with RCL ships, you will not feel at home. You can put the label "ACME CruiseLines" on the side of the ship and you wouldn't know the difference. If your personality is that you do not like change, and especially if you do not like making your own decisions/reservations for all the various activities, then stick to Oasis.

And this is coming from a Quantum Class lover... I would choose 7 days on Oasis over 5 in Anthem. Anthem really needs more than 5 days to really enjoy her to her fullest for everything there is to offer. Save that for another cruise minimum 7 nights :D

Very helpful input, thank you.

I actually can't wait to try the Anthem because I look forward to something different for a change. I'm thinking the familiarity of Oasis might make things a little easier with a group though. And the 7 days vs. 5 is definitely a plus in the Oasis column.

I guess I'm wondering if the WoW factor of the Anthem is enough to compensate for the 2 fewer days. I know the bottom-line is a subjective call but I do appreciate the informed input. :)

I have done both classes and I was wow'd by both (and others agree with me).

I'm with Hoopster, take the longer cruise.

Definitely leaning Oasis for the group.

I'm thinking I need to book an Anthem cruise just for the DH and myself. :cool:

I haven't been on the Anthem (or Quantum), but just returned last week from my first cruise on an Oasis Class ship. Oasis was amazing!!! I'm sure Anthem will be amazing too, but I can't find a justified reason to choose 5 nights over 7. Stick with the longer cruise, as they're both great ships!

I haven't been on the Anthem (or Quantum), but just returned last week from my first cruise on an Oasis Class ship. Oasis was amazing!!! I'm sure Anthem will be amazing too, but I can't find a justified reason to choose 5 nights over 7. Stick with the longer cruise, as they're both great ships!

Thanks. The more I think about it, the more I am in agreement about the 2 extra days. I really want to see Bermuda, but at least St. Kitts would be a new port for all of us.

We were on both Quantum and Oasis within the last 7 months and have been on a 5-nighter to Bermuda earlier. The 5 night trip to Bermuda does not give you enough time to enjoy that island. I would vote for the 7 night Oasis over a 5 night Bermuda. (However, the sky diving simulator on Anthem is not to be overlooked.)

Very helpful input, thank you.

I actually can't wait to try the Anthem because I look forward to something different for a change.

Ah! you might be blown away by Quantum Class. If you hate change and you want to see the familiarity of every ship look and feel exactly the same as Voyager/Freedom/Oasis class, then Anthem isn't for you. I think you'll love Anthem if you like a little excitement with change :)

I guess I'm wondering if the WoW factor of the Anthem is enough to compensate for the 2 fewer days.

Nope, Oasis 7 day over 5 days on Anthem hands down imho. Definitely do Anthem another time

Hoopster95, I was really debating if the 9 nighter on Anthem was too long and almost booked the 5 night. I decided to splurge and stuck with the 9

Absolutely great decision :D ... took me 3 days to really get the feel and familiarity of Q, but after that totally loved her, an excellent change. I think the 9 day is totally perfect, decent amount of sea days to really appreciate all the venues and try things out with a good itinerary

I asked the same exact thing when I was booking my next cruise onboard. The answer I was given was if I loved new technology/toys, if I loved things high tech.... Anthem was the way to go.

If you're going to have a variety of people who like different things to do, go for the Oasis. The Oasis class ships just have so many things for all age groups that you really can't go wrong with it.

Given you have a large multi-generational family going, I would go Oasis along with the fact that you get an extra two days aboard!

(We booked both, saving the Anthem for a smaller 2 person cruise while the Allure is a 6 multi-generational cruise for us as well.)

Quantum/Anthem is nice but not nice enough to lose two days of priceless family time. And you will all be on the Oasis which is also an incredible ship.

Edited by Nado44

Just to follow-up, we did book the Oasis 7-day. :D We've all been on that class and loved it, and I do agree that the extra 2 days makes a difference.

I am still looking forward to Quantum class one day though... ;)

Thanks to everyone for the input!

Just to follow-up, we did book the Oasis 7-day. :D We've all been on that class and loved it, and I do agree that the extra 2 days makes a difference.

I am still looking forward to Quantum class one day though... ;)

Thanks to everyone for the input!

Good move. To me, the longer cruise trumps everything. I love the Oasis class but I would take 8 days on the SS Minnow over 7 days on the Oasis.

And yes, definitely check out the Quantum class one day.

Hi - we were on the maiden of Anthem in April and on Allure in May. First time in both classes of ships. Both ships were beautiful - different but fantastic with so much to see and do on both.

We loved the Anthem and are booked again in October but will not be back on an Oasis class ship as we spent too much time standing in line! We eat in the windjammer (picky eaters) and always had to stand in line for ages no matter what time we went although the lines at dinner were not too bad. Never had to line up for the Windjammer on any other ship before! People were getting really crabby and on occasion, aggressive and pushing others aside - not very pleasant. In one port we waited for over an hour to get back on board the ship, no water or shelter from the hot sun, only 2 security lines for 6,000 passengers is clearly insufficient.

The Allure has everything anyone could wish for and stateroom staff and waiters were very good but it seems they don't have the capacity to deal with the large number of passengers on this ship.

Enjoy whatever you decide - you will have a great time.

Hi - we were on the maiden of Anthem in April and on Allure in May.... but will not be back on an Oasis class ship as we spent too much time standing in line!

ROFLMAO!!! This was a major complaint in so many reviews about Quantum and how so brutal Quantum was for lines compared to any other RCL ship. Lol :p

With our relatively short window we are looking at either the Anthem 5-day to Bermuda, or Oasis 7-day (Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Kitts). Prices are fairly close to each other (which makes DH vote Oasis for the extra 2 days, hands down!)

If you want to go to Bermuda, go on Celebrity for the 7 night. The extra two days are worth it. Also, Quantum class is just a big Celebrity ship anyway.

But you can't go wrong with Oasis either.

My husband and I went on the Quantum sampler and did not like it. Hopefully there are more activities on a regular length cruise, but I felt we would be quite bored on a 7 day. I also felt like we were nickel and dime on everything. It would be very convenient since we are in Maryland, but I doubt we will ever board again.

We both love the Oasis class and have been on Allure and Oasis and can't wait for Harmony. There's something about the boardwalk and Aquatheater that does it for me.

My husband and I went on the Quantum sampler and did not like it. Hopefully there are more activities on a regular length cruise, but I felt we would be quite bored on a 7 day. I also felt like we were nickel and dime on everything. It would be very convenient since we are in Maryland, but I doubt we will ever board again.

We both love the Oasis class and have been on Allure and Oasis and can't wait for Harmony. There's something about the boardwalk and Aquatheater that does it for me.

The Quantum sampler really don't show Quantum class for what it's worth, those sampler cruises were a night mare as the ship just wasn't ready.