Distressing Development: Luxor

Pet Nit Noy

No flame thrower here. We are going and will enjoy the thrill of being where folks are afraid to go. You never know what the future will bring. Life is too short to fight for nothing. Hope to see all of our fellow travelers wherever they may be. New friends we haven't met yet.

We carefully read the State Department notices and get updates whenever they send them out.

No flame thrower here. We are going and will enjoy the thrill of being where folks are afraid to go. You never know what the future will bring. Life is too short to fight for nothing. Hope to see all of our fellow travelers wherever they may be. New friends we haven't met yet.

We carefully read the State Department notices and get updates whenever they send them out.

You will have the most wonderful time! Egypt is the most amazing and fascinating country. I don't know where/how you are travelling there (I really cannot read a lot of the posts on here) The Nile is long and thin and you will be protected by tourist police on land and water. The people (who have lost their living) will be pleased to see you .Take some cheap pens for the children and to use as a bargaining tool when you are exhausted through bartering!

Have a great time

Jx

We are also going to Egypt (Cairo and Alexandria) as well as Israel in September on Regent and have not spent one moment worrying about it. Anyone that is concerned about travel in any part of the world should not visit that area - it is really as simple as that.

You will have the most wonderful time! Egypt is the most amazing and fascinating country. I don't know where/how you are travelling there (I really cannot read a lot of the posts on here) The Nile is long and thin and you will be protected by tourist police on land and water. The people (who have lost their living) will be pleased to see you .Take some cheap pens for the children and to use as a bargaining tool when you are exhausted through bartering!

Have a great time

Jx

Thanks for the tip about the pens. Any other small, light items that would be welcome? I'm trying to remember what our friends were giving out in rural Laos a couple of years ago--pens for sure, but perhaps something else that kids would like.

I'm certainly aware that we will be welcome in Egypt, with our desperately-needed tourist dollars.

When we did our safari in Kenya/Tanzania 25 years ago the children also appreciated small notebook pads. I imagine the Egyptian children could use them as well.

My U.S. Navy cap was also very popular ... with adults! We ended up bartering it for a "walking banjo".

Mura

Edited by Mura

Hi from Terry and Betty. We met on Marina, Panama Canal cruise, 2011. We will be on Nautica, spending an overnight in Luxor in October. Not the cruise you are doing, but will very much look forward to reading your postings. Have a wonderful safe time!

PS. Are you still making those outstanding pizzas?