12 pack soda questions

LMaxwell

I wonder if this would apply to all the Liquid Vanilla purchases as well.

Good question. It contains alcohol and is in a bottle but I don't think it would be considered a beverage so probably not a restriction on bringing vanilla on at a port of call.

Is vanilla being held until debarkation under the current guidelines?

Edited by day-day

Can it be mixed. My bf wants to bring on red bull but honestly I think a 12 pack is too many for a four day cruise. So I was thinking of a 4 pack and some loose cans... ghetto maybe but avoiding the higher price of cans on the cruise lol. Or maybe doing 6 cans of one type of drink and 6 of another for myself :D...

yes you can do this. my wife and i usually bring 3-4 loose red bull cans. then a 12 pack box that is mixed with ginger ale and root beer. at security they will re open the 12 pack if it has been previously opened. then they will just check the cans to make sure there is no beer mixed in with the soda cans. as long as you don't go over 12 cans per person it doesn't matter.

I'm assuming with the updated policy that we can't bring bottled water on the day of embarkment? Unless the water is in cans? Our family of four was planning on bringing two 12-packs of sodas and two 12-packs of water :confused:

I'm assuming with the updated policy that we can't bring bottled water on the day of embarkment? Unless the water is in cans? Our family of four was planning on bringing two 12-packs of sodas and two 12-packs of water :confused:

Get your water from the fun shops. Order it online. $2.99 for a twelve pack. No you can't bring water in bottles anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Get your water from the fun shops. Order it online. $2.99 for a twelve pack. No you can't bring water in bottles anymore.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

THANKS!! That actually seems like a better deal because then we don't have to worry about lugging it on board with us :)

In Miami last year, I walked in with it in my hands and put it right through the xray machine. It did not have to be in a carry on bag.

What is "it"? Are you talking about water in bottles, cans of soda, or something else? The new policy goes into effect on July 9, 2015.

Edited by day-day

For the new rule of 1 12 pack of soda cans per person; does that depend on length of cruise? Is it the same for 3 night as it is for 8 night; still one per person?

Just read an article in the local paper (yes in a newspaper) according to the Sun Sentinel in Ft Lauderdale; "Carnival Cruise Line will prohibit passengers from lugging bottled water, soda or other non-alcoholic drinks on board." It continues -- The carry-on ban, which takes effect July 9 is aimed at thwarting the smuggling of alcohol onto ships. Quoting Carnival "Guests bringing bottled beverages on board are proving to be a source of multiple issues". Passengers are slowing down the boarding process because the items have to go thru additional security checks to make sure they do not contain ALCOHOL.

You will be able to purchase a 12 pack of bottled water for $2.99 plus tax online at Carnival.com before their cruises or for $4.99 plus their GRATS once on board.

This also includes anything you buy in port during your cruise eg. 2 liter sodas etc.

Pretty neat eh?

When we took 12 pack cans they opened the cartons to make sure it was actually soft drinks and not alcohol. Then they duct taped them back together. A little time consuming and a pain at embarkation.

Here's a different wrinkle: on my last cruise I brought on-board at embarkation, without problem, two four-packs of 16-oz. cans of Monster energy drink. If I try that again, how are the pop police going to treat that? Fewer total ounces than twelve 12-oz. cans, but violates the 12-oz can restriction.

I'm going to add my 2cents here, and while I'm not attempting to 'stir the pot', I'm sure my opinion will do just that...

If you're going to do a vacation, of any sort, there are expenses involved with that vacation, be it land based or a cruise. And those expenses should be expected and budgeted for in order to take that vacation.

A. If the cost of a few drinks daily is too expensive...maybe you shouldn't be on a cruise, or should have saves just a little longer before you took the cruise.

B. If they don't offer something you feel you MUST have, or you prefer... a week without isn't going to kill you. might make you uncomfortable, but you're not going to die.

case in point: I recently did 6 days at Walt Disney World, and as you know Disney only does COKE products. I don't do coke products. Granted I wanted a pepsi, really wanted a pepsi, but it's wasn't going to happen. I couldn't even find one at the airport on my way home...

it was uncomfortable, but I survived, AND I didn't enjoy my vacation any less because I couldn't enjoy my favorite beverage for 6 days.... I made due with what was available.

Grow up people, and quit acting like spoiled children who've been told no.

Edited by tutuwahineLV
spelling...

I'm going to add my 2cents here, and while I'm not attempting to 'stir the pot', I'm sure my opinion will do just that...

If you're going to do a vacation, of any sort, there are expenses involved with that vacation, be it land based or a cruise. And those expenses should be expected and budgeted for in order to take that vacation.

A. If the cost of a few drinks daily is too expensive...maybe you shouldn't be on a cruise, or should have saves just a little longer before you took the cruise.

B. If they don't offer something you feel you MUST have, or you prefer... a week without isn't going to kill you. might make you uncomfortable, but you're not going to die.

case in point: I recently did 6 days at Walt Disney World, and as you know Disney only does COKE products. I don't do coke products. Granted I wanted a pepsi, really wanted a pepsi, but it's wasn't going to happen. I couldn't even find one at the airport on my way home...

it was uncomfortable, but I survived, AND I didn't enjoy my vacation any less because I couldn't enjoy my favorite beverage for 6 days.... I made due with what was available.

It was your choice not to bring along Pepsi. I am also a Pepsi drinker and as long as I can find a six pack I am going to carry it aboard when I cruise in September. It's not my fault Carnival only carries Coke products and I don't drink them. As long as it's not against the rules I'm bringing my Pepsi!!!

AND I am going to enjoy my vacation.

AND I don't consider myself a spoiled child (well, maybe I am) but I don't think I should have to "make due (sic) with what's available". :D

Bad example- Disney lets you bring soda in. You could have brought in Pepsi.

I understand some people are disappointed because it was something they used to be allowed to do. But the only people who should be complaining are people who are fully paid and can't cancel. The change does not take effect immediatly- are there people in that group? Because if you cruise is a long way out, and this is a deal breaker- cancel. If it isn't, deal with the policy.

I see the last 2 posters didn't read your Disney post!!!:D

For the new rule of 1 12 pack of soda cans per person; does that depend on length of cruise? Is it the same for 3 night as it is for 8 night; still one per person?

Your unsolicited opinion was rude and it provided nothing factual to answer my original question (which others have actually answered already). I'm not sure I understand the point of your post. When a new policy comes out some of us want to know what the policy is or is not. In this instance I felt like there was some missing information so I asked the community for help. Why you felt the need to interject your totally out of left field opinion is beyond me. Next time try bringing useful information to the table or stay quiet while the adults have a discussion.

OK guys - just asked John Heald this question on FB and he answered very quickly!

My question - "John, question about new cans only policy. Are we still able to bring on more canned sodas at our ports? Thanks."

JH respons - "Yes indeed you are. Cheers."

There you go - now we know.

ETA - for those that were asking, we had no problem bringing our vanilla back on board and it was not confiscated or held.

Edited by TerReuv

OK guys - just asked John Heald this question on FB and he answered very quickly!

My question - "John, question about new cans only policy. Are we still able to bring on more canned sodas at our ports? Thanks."

ETA - for those that were asking, we had no problem bringing our vanilla back on board and it was not confiscated or held.

Good on you for the info.

9cRb547ce.jpeg

THanks for the clear answer. That is what I always do now. Good to know I still can. I am a Pepsi drinker--HATE Coke. I go so far as to make sure the restaurant I am going to also serves Pepsi. I always bring on a 12 pack (7 and 8 day cruises) and replenish at ports--its not the money, its the drink I CHOOSE to have. (A legal non smuggled drink of PEPSI)

To the poster above that basically told us to pound sand or not go on vacation because we want a different beverage---REALLY? who are YOU to say what people have to spend for vacation or what they drink.

Party pooper! This thread was still growing some legs and now look what you've done.;) There may be some life left in it yet...

Seriously though, thanks for checking and letting us know.

it looked some of the passengers were going a little "overboard" ( no pun intended) with their supplies that they were bring on the Breeze last week and most likely carnival ships...we couldn't believe that people could be that brazen ( or cheap)!

We aren't brazen or cheap. The day Carnival sells Diet Cherry Pepsi onboard is the the day we stop having to bring our own. We could make due with a Coke version for vacation. :D

Party pooper! This thread was still growing some legs and now look what you've done.;) There may be some life left in it yet...

Seriously though, thanks for checking and letting us know.

Yeah - I did kinda take all the snarky fun out of it didn't I? ;)

But, people can still bash everyone over the fact that they want to either save money or have the type of soda they want. Maybe tutuwahineLV will post again! :D