Travel Insurance Questions

cessnabmw

Do Canadian cruisers get Travel Insurance?

We have our healthcare system that would cover, additionally we have benefits form the employer and from the Credit Card (World Elite).

If so, who do you buy from and why?

I am not Canadian, but does your healthcare insurance cover you while out of the country? Do you have insurance that covers air evacuation if necessary? What about if a parent or close relative passes away, are you covered to cancel the cruise or fly home from a distant port?

These are the reasons I buy insurance. My parents have passed, but I started buying it when they became elderly and I continue to buy it because my insurance doesn't cover me out of the country to start with. Lots of reasons to have insurance that covers everything.

If travelling to the US we always get additional coverage. I am already covered through Blue Cross through work so most things are covered, but for the extra price, about $50.00 for both of us, we have purchased additional insurance. It is not worth the risk to not buy the extra coverage.

Bell777 - I checked out insuremytrip.com and there are a lot to chose from...if you don't mind sharing, which did you choose and how many are travelling in your party? Also, have you used that website before? Thanks!