Will RCI Change Their Bringing Beverages Onboard Policy?

I just saw on the business channel Carnival is changing their policy for what can be brought onboard in terms of beverages. Looked online and sure enough, there it is:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/florida-cruise-guide/os-carnival-cruise-line-to-ban-carryon-bottled-beverages-20150609-story.html

I wonder if RCI, Princess and others will follow suit!

Isn't Royal Caribbean's policy that you can't bring water or soda?

Carnival tightened their policy a bit. I doubt RC is going to loosen theirs.

Exactly. Its already NOT allowed per their policy. :cool: I think the better question is, will they actually start enforcing their rule now?

From the article, it looks like you can still bring an unopened case of 12 of coke or water on board as luggage.

But if you've got an opened bottle, after a day at Nassau for example you have to toss it before boarding the ship. This should have been a rule for so long already.

Edited by adjjb12

I didn't do my homework before posting! :) I'm sailing with RCI this fall after a 10+ year absence, so I'm definitely not up to speed.

Sailing by myself, doesn't really affect me, but I do know bringing liquids of various sorts is discussed a great deal! :D

From the article, it looks like you can still bring an unopened case of 12 of coke or water on board as luggage.

But if you've got an opened bottle, after a day at Nassau for example you have to toss it before boarding the ship. This should have been a rule for so long already.

As long as it is in cans. Bottles of water or soda are not allowed under the new policy.