Royal princess laundry room

juniper berries

Hi how is the laundry room laid out on the Royal princess is it like the Grand class ships that have the top load washers or like the Island princess before the dry dock that had front load washers and dryers.

Thanks for any information and pictures if anyone has any.:)

On the Regal (I assume Royal as well) you don't have the option of inserting quarters, you swipe your cruise card for tokens.

This is what I got after selecting one washer and one dryer cycle, and one vending machine product, then swiping my room-key card....

11289156503_c83ef35657_c.jpg

Thank you so much for the pictures of the laundry room and of the coins from vending machine. It looks like a Grand class ship laundry room.:)

One final question you cannot hear the noise from the laundry room out side in the hallway. Have booked a cabin across from it.

Thank you so much for the pictures of the laundry room and of the coins from vending machine. It looks like a Grand class ship laundry room.:)

One final question you cannot hear the noise from the laundry room out side in the hallway. Have booked a cabin across from it.

Correct. You will not hear any noise in your cabin from the laundry room.

In April on the Regal I was across from a laundromat and there was absolutely no noise at all. It was a very convenient location to wash clothes or to use an iron.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Was there ever a problem in having to wait a long time for machines? On the Royla next year and spending almost a week in London first. Will definitely need to do laundry in first couple of days.

Should not be a problem for the first few days to get a machine(s)

Most of the passengers will be boarding with clean clothes.

Thanks, I've been wondering about that, afraid I might have to find laundry in Southampton. Being able to do laundry is a wonderful bonus, it will really help with the packing. Now I just have to convince DH he doesn't have to take T-shirts cause he's going to buy some anyway, and that he doesn't need 6 pairs of shoes. :cool:

Should not be a problem for the first few days to get a machine(s)

Most of the passengers will be boarding with clean clothes.

On the contrary from our experience. Many people including us have been travelling for a few days before they board the ship and use the first day or two to get washing done. We found one of the busiest days on the Royal just past was the first sea day and embarkation day.

Overall though, it's great to be able to get your washing done without paying a kings ransom like we have on Celebrity.

Overall though, it's great to be able to get your washing done without paying a kings ransom like we have on Celebrity.

You are indeed on target. We shall be taking a fifteen day cruise later this month and when you add on three days pre-cruise and three days post-cruise, that makes three weeks away from home and we appreciate having the option of doing our own laundry.

You are indeed on target. We shall be taking a fifteen day cruise later this month and when you add on three days pre-cruise and three days post-cruise, that makes three weeks away from home and we appreciate having the option of doing our own laundry.

I don't even want to think about how much you would have to pack for that long without the option of laundry.

I am wondering about sending out my laundry while on the ship. I have heard they use hot water...is that correct? I only use cold at home as we have a "Purewash" for our machine. I am concerned about ruining clothes. Thank you.

You heard correct. They do use very hot water. I would be VERY cautious about sending your laundry out to be done. We had a few things get trashed, shrink etc. Have heard of others having problems as well over the years.

You heard correct. They do use very hot water. I would be VERY cautious about sending your laundry out to be done. We had a few things get trashed, shrink etc. Have heard of others having problems as well over the years.
There are self service laundry areas on the Royal. Check out the deck plans on princess, but I believe they are all towards the aft, starting on deck 8.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk