Prestige Beverage Package

basor

I think the main difference between the Prestige package and the other cheaper one is the Prestige includes alcohol throughout the day whereas the cheaper model is for dinner only - more experienced cruisers please correct me if I am wrong

The addition of the free Prestige package to our fare was a surprise - we only found out when we received our documentation. As the cruise was a segment of the RTW cruise on Insignia, I think this was one of the inducements to attract people to fill the ship.

There were very few Australian and New Zealand wines on the list. Only one Marlborough Sav Blanc which DH did his best to deplete the stock of. But there many very good wines from all over the world, especially in the red categories, which I did my best to sample. The sommelier's recommendations were always a good guide - especially the boys that hailed from Goa.

I believe you are right Wendy, but don't accept my word for it since we've never taken the package. I'll accept it when it is free, of course (!), but normally we don't drink enough to make it worth while.

I think it's included on our Oct '16 TA on Sirena but we won't really need it (given our consumption tendencies) since we're in a VS on that one. Still, I'm sure it will come in handy!

This will be the first time we've gone so long between Oceania cruises -- the last one was this past April/May and the next one is Oct '16. Oh well.

Mura

I think the main difference between the Prestige package and the other cheaper one is the Prestige includes alcohol throughout the day whereas the cheaper model is for dinner only - more experienced cruisers please correct me if I am wrong

The House Select Package (the less expensive one), includes only Champagne, Wine and beer during Lunch and Dinner (i.e with one of those meals).

The Prestige Package covers unlimited premium spirits, champagne, wine and beer, wherever and whenever you wish

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/value/beverage-packages/

You will find links for sample bar menu and wine list.

Preismans to the rescue with menus that include prices!

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera_mayan_menus.htm

Looking into the beverage package for our first oceania cruise. We have utilized the Celebrity Cruises alcohol packages in the past, but only because it was free (:rolleyes: included in our fare.) Although, the Celebrity package was nice in that we never had to worry about how much (in cost) we were drinking, and we could try new things that we normally would not try. If we didn't like the drink, we could set it aside and not feel like we HAD to finish the drink.

For this Oceania cruise, the drinks seem to be more expensive than Celebrity, but DH still doesn't think that we would be able to drink enough to justify purchasing a package. The meal only package does not appeal because we do not drink until late afternoon and into the evening.

So, the Preisman's list is from 2014. Have the prices gone up any? Does anyone have a current price list?

One more question. Is Vitamin Water Zero available on Oceania?

Edited by Iamthesea

Looking into the beverage package for our first oceania cruise. We have utilized the Celebrity Cruises alcohol packages in the past, but only because it was free (:rolleyes: included in our fare.) Although, the Celebrity package was nice in that we never had to worry about how much (in cost) we were drinking, and we could try new things that we normally would not try. If we didn't like the drink, we could set it aside and not feel like we HAD to finish the drink.

For this Oceania cruise, the drinks seem to be more expensive than Celebrity, but DH still doesn't think that we would be able to drink enough to justify purchasing a package. The meal only package does not appeal because we do not drink until late afternoon and into the evening.

So, the Preisman's list is from 2014. Have the prices gone up any? Does anyone have a current price list?

The prestige pack is $60/day and includes the 18% gratuity. So, basically four "call" cocktails or the better wines-by-the-glass (e.g., Shramsberg Mirabelle) = the daily charge. Note that all spirits except for a very few high end cognacs (and the like) are included.

They had some Vit water in the gym

if you need a specific brand you can ask the Special service dept if they can get it for you

I think you need to request it 60 + days in advance

They had some Vit water in the gym

if you need a specific brand you can ask the Special service dept if they can get it for you

I think you need to request it 60 + days in advance

Where is this "gym" you speak of? ;)

Very helpful...well...most of the post. :D

I think I have talked DH in to buying the package for me.:) He drinks mostly Coor's so doesn't think the package would pay for itself for him. I on the other hand, drink liquor drinks and wine. I also like to have a specialty coffee. Knowing that the 18% is included helped.

So the drinks prices remain the same, or have they gone up since last December?

So the drinks prices remain the same, or have they gone up since last December?

I think if you figure the average drink is about $10 + 18% (some will be more some will be less) without the package

if you have 5 a day you will break even with the package if you are trying for your monies worth ;)

They look about the same price as Dec

I may be wrong but I thought both people in the cabin had to buy the drink package and you could not get it for just one of you?

You can buy the package for 1 person if only one person wants it.... but no sharing

Edited by LHT28

I may be wrong but I thought both people in the cabin had to buy the drink package and you could not get it for just one of you?

Ah, you're thinking of the rules on those Mass Market Lines where, with apologies to both Stan and Mr. Del Rio, the Accountants automatically assume that any possible loophole will result in scads of lost business.

Oceania treats its' Passengers like honorable, responsible people....

Which most of us ARE :eek: