Easily Forgotten/Oddball Items to Pack

Khsh08

Tampons, Midol, Alleve, Tynenol and cough drops - because Mother Nature like to wreck my plans even when it suppose to be fun times....

Edit : Forgot to add Tums and Alka-Selzter, not because of Noro but because Mother Nature is just mean to me...[emoji21]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

belkin-power-usb.jpg

Does the power plug "turn" to fit the orientation of the outlet? I believe on freedom of the seas the way the ground is positoned would not work in the plug by the desk. Has anyone used this on a royal carribean ship? Thanks in advance.

Does the power plug "turn" to fit the orientation of the outlet? I believe on freedom of the seas the way the ground is positoned would not work in the plug by the desk. Has anyone used this on a royal carribean ship? Thanks in advance.

Nevermind found the link. Got my answer.

This is a very different thing, but I will be putting my money (notes) in one of these in a hidden pocket in my bag.

I remember using them in high school to hide so many things haha. Used to put my money in them, my cigarettes, and no one ever thought to look in it, even when I had my bag searched by the school, they didn't think to look inside :) ImageUploadedByForums1435027177.932425.jpg.28651854905d5d6c74aa4dbc05ae4197.jpg

I guess everyone has their special little hacks. Mine are magnetic clips that stick to the walls (which are made of metal) of your stateroom. We use them for the daily newsletters, shore excursion tickets, etc.

Picture here

I know it sounds ... I dunno, unnecessary ... but the time we save from our usual rifling though drawers and papers looking for tickets was well worth it.

- 3 plastic grocery bags. Great if bad weather occurs and I want to keep feet dry. Put on between socks and shoes, tie off, hide under pants. Third bag to cover my camera so I can keep taking pictures and not worry about rain damaging the housing.

- Pocket hand warmers (for cold locations).

- Ear plugs. Great for flights, noisy hotels and cabins.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't end up using my Belkin power strip, our electronic devices all stayed in the safe all week! Next cruise I will be sure to bring reusable water bottles/Tervis tumblers to fill up on board. Having to run down to the Cafe to grab a glass of water all the time was annoying. I will also bring lanyards that are lower profile, and quick drying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

belkin-power-usb.jpg

Just a note about this: check with the cruise line you are sailing with first before you bring something like this on, because I know Carnival, for example, no longer allows anything with a surge protector. This one has it, so it wouldn't be allowed on board.

I always take a mini travel clock (I have yet to stay in a cruise room that has a clock!) and a tiny flash light - both stay on my night table.

Other random things:

- mini bottle of febreeze

- nail clippers

- nail polish remover wipes

- nail polish (for touch-ups/re-dos if necessary)

- tweezers

- insect repellant

- extra sunscreen

- mini bottle of febreeze - it doesn't take long for everything to smell like "ocean"

- reusable water bottle, although I can easily do without it

- post-it notes (to leave notes for room steward if needed) and pens

- plastic bags for dirty laundry (I keep them on the closet floor)

- empty zip-lock bags for a variety of uses - wet bathing suits, cookies from the cafe, etc.

- chargers for all electronics (phone, iPod, camera, etc).

- extra camera batteries and memory cards

- snacks for the plane and excursions (granola bars!)

- bandaids

I find the non-clothes items always take me the longest to pack! So many things to remember!

I think everything has been covered that I pack! I like to bring Scotch tape too. The Allure and probably the Oasis have additional outlets in front of the beds. I know I read that on CC.

Edited by sauvichick

Just wanted to add a few more:

Quick dry superglue for little mends and shoes etc

Condoms in case of sickness and my pill doesn't work (single ladies may need these anyway)

spare carrier bags (for dirty washing and condensed water bottles)

Ginger capsules and pressure bands for seasickness

A pocket Atlas We like marking out our cruise routes on it as we vary

glucose gel and capsules for my diabetic husband and energy boosts

Stain stick for any little spots on clothes

clothes roller we have a dog and hair may escape into our luggage

Anti diarrhea medication you just never know

Jungle/bug spray

now even needed in the Southern Med

Tampons, Midol, Alleve, Tynenol and cough drops - because Mother Nature like to wreck my plans even when it suppose to be fun times....

Edit : Forgot to add Tums and Alka-Selzter, not because of Noro but because Mother Nature is just mean to me...[emoji21]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Damn you mother nature! LOL

Just got off the Solstice. Only extras used was multi charger,extra hangers,travel clock and magnetic hooks. Plus had all my medication for colds,cough etc . Most every other suggested items not needed or used.

• 2 years later...

I had forgotten about the Bounty with Dawn, I stole the mini dish soap that was in the Homewood Suites we stayed in the night before and brought a tea towel from home!

I will add Sharpie to the list, since we got 4 identical Freestyle cups and had to figure out a way to distinguish them.

I carry a Tervis cup and get the steward to fill the ice bucket. Even in the refrigerator, some of the ice will melt and you can pour it into the cup and not have to use the ones in the buffet. I usually get at least 3 glasses of water a day that way.

I bought one of those outlets and used it in April on Carnival and had no problem.

We usually go twice a year, so I have a spreadsheet with a list on it. Most of the things on it came from suggestions here.

I take my own body wash and use that for handwashing and showering. I have a large toiletry bag that rolls up, with 4 different compartments. I keep it stocked and it hangs in our closet. That way, we just have to grab it each time rather than make a list of what we need and go buy it in the pre-cruise rush. I refill it when we return.

We usually have one carry on, and a suitcase for each of us. We cross pack, in case one gets lost, at least both of us will have SOMETHING to wear. We also keep a change of clothes in the carry on, and a smaller tolietry bag that will fit in the bigger one, containing medications, contacts, razors.....then put it in the large one once we unpack.

At the end of the trip, the dirty clothes go in one suitcase, and clean ones and soveniers in the other.

I have camera backpack. I use 2 cameras, and the backpack has room for them as well as small bottles of bug spray, sunscreen, chapstick, sunglasses, etc. I carry this bag on, but without the bottles. They are in the toiletry page in my checked luggage. Most of the time I use it as a purse and keep my money in my pocket. On ship, I have a small purse I carry.

I make ornaments filled with sand from the beaches we go to, so I carry small ziploc bags. A snack sized one is sufficient. I've never been asked to give it up.

Last but not least-----elastic waist or a bigger waist size pants than what you wore when you boarded, when it's time to go home.