Easily Forgotten/Oddball Items to Pack

Khsh08

On advice I read here, I just got two of these, one to give to my DSIL. Please tell me why he's going to love it.

Most staterooms only have a few outlets. This will give you a few more and 2 USB ports. I take mine on every cruise. Love it.

This one is out there I know but I always pack a Trial size can of WD40 and a multi-head screwdriver. Crazy for sure but I have used them every cruise since I started bringing them about three years ago.

And for the naysayers concerning duct tape, you will want if should the zipper or latches break on your luggage. ;)

Tim

Edited by HB Cruiser

Duct Tape comes in multi colours now. Also different designs. This is good for all kinds of repairs to clothing, glasses, suitcases ect.

small med kit,

your band of aspirin as they may not carry your ie Tylenol.

aloe,

Sunscreen two types, if you burn easily suggest 45 and 30.

Any medications you require they may not have what you need in the ships pharm.

If you require injectable stuff insure you bring extra in case one does not work.

We also bought the Belkin surge/plug that Bob has suggested!

We never cruise without our over the door holder, a pop up hamper and a tiny bottle of baby powder..makes a quick job of drying and de-sanding your feet after a day at the beach!

Have fun!

Lauri

So true!! We got knocked down by a wave on our last cruise off went my glasses sure was lucky that my husband found them thanks to the help of a guy standing nearby helping us point them out in the water.

I think I am going to bring 2 pairs for now on!

If you wear glasses, an extra pair of your prescription glasses are good to have along. ;)

LuLu

Got one on your suggestion as well!!

Thinking of bringing a white noise machine. It seems like I always pick the cabin next to the loud folks....and this upcoming cruise we are below the Windjammer....anyone try a noise machine on a cruise??? Do they work?

Got one on your suggestion as well!!

Thinking of bringing a white noise machine. It seems like I always pick the cabin next to the loud folks....and this upcoming cruise we are below the Windjammer....anyone try a noise machine on a cruise??? Do they work?

Ours works great...I also have a white noise app on my cell phone that works quite well.

We take almost everything that folks have mentioned. Sadly, I can say it means we aren't necessarily light travellers.

Duct tape is also very handy if you hit some rough seas. After a storm tossed night when all the drawers in your console keep sliding open you will find yourself desperate for something to stop the banging.

We take a mini portable speaker so we can have music of our choice in the cabin (love my Bose) and, we take a pack of cards, a travel scrabble and a small crib board. Yes, the ship provides but sometimes things are not well kept up or quickly raided and our struggle with the spanish scrabble board on one cruise decided us to manage our own (the points are quite different!).

These suggestions from all the posters are long and detail oriented. I now have a cruise packing spreadsheet in Excel. My clothes, DH clothes, a stuff list and, the medicine chest list. I totally echo the poster who pointed out that the gift shop is not open always and besides, they don't stock a lot. We always take a full range of cold medications in travel size. We usually go for a month when we go and it's pretty common for one of us to get a cold at least once. Some folks take their own coffee if you have a junior suite or above and have an in suite coffee maker.

I think how you approach the packing list is a bit different if you are a longer journey, B to B, cruiser than if you are a quick short caribbean journeyer.

I used to travel a lot on business and DH used to joke I 'camped out' in hotel rooms. I think I now 'camp out' in cruise ships! But when you have the things that make life easier, the journey is so much smoother. Don't forget a small family pic to warm the heart too.

Fair winds and fair seas!!!

This is going to sound odd but I always pack a temporary crown replacement kit. I haven't lost a crown on a cruise but I have this fear of one falling out and then what do you do? :eek:

I can't imagine having to go the rest of the week without it and walking around with a big hole where my crown should be. I had a crown pull out with some gummy candy one time and now it is just a fear of mine.

The kit is really small and cheap. Doesn't take up much space to pack.

819X8iGvKjL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by beancounterbeth

We always bring cold meds - especially the Zinc stuff you should take as soon as you feel a cold coming on. With all of the ways to contract a cold which can end up making your vacation miserable for a few days, these are good things to have.

Don't forget a small family pic to warm the heart too.

DD gave me a journal with a picture of our two grandsons on the cover (from Snapfish or Shutterfly, I think).

I use it as my travel journal, and it sits on the desk on the ship and does double duty as a photo reminder of two of my favorite people.

It is a great grandparent gift.

This is going to sound odd but I always pack a temporary crown replacement kit. I haven't lost a crown on a cruise but I have this fear of one falling out and then what do you do? :eek:

I can't imagine having to go the rest of the week without it and walking around with a big hole where my crown should be. I had a crown pull out with some gummy candy one time and now it is just a fear of mine.

The kit is really small and cheap. Doesn't take up much space to pack.

You know, I was just thinking about this earlier today! I have 2 crowns that I've had for a few years now. The dentist always tells me I have nothing to worry about, but you just never know. I didn't even know they made such a product. Adding this to my shopping list. Thanks for posting!

Ours works great...I also have a white noise app on my cell phone that works quite well.

I never knew that existed. I guess "there's an app for that" is true. I prefer a fan, but there are limits to what I pack. Earplugs are my substitute.

I think they mean deoderizing spray for unpleasant odors. Some have called it bathroom spray.

Ohhh - that makes more sense. PLENTY of uses for that!

I thought they meant the can of compressed air like you use to blow out your electronics.