Easily Forgotten/Oddball Items to Pack

Khsh08

Also at Amazon.ca for Canadians and it was cheaper which surprised me.

Connie:)

Thanks so much- I got one on the Canadian Site for $10.00 CHEAPER than the US SITE!!!!

I Really appreciate the heads up!

Edited by copper6606

Got one on your suggestion as well!!

Thinking of bringing a white noise machine. It seems like I always pick the cabin next to the loud folks....and this upcoming cruise we are below the Windjammer....anyone try a noise machine on a cruise??? Do they work?

I use a white noise app on the iPad, it works great and has an alarm feature as well.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

1. Ginger drops for slight stomach upset

2. We have small waterproof bags with a belt to wear in the water that can hold money, ID, small camera etc while swimming. Really works.

3. Collapsible beach bag or backpack. Can double as a carryin on the way home. It's about 4" x 5". I found these along with backpacks of the same at Eddie Bauer

Thank you notes.

Large black garbage bags for dirty laundry.

A map of the Carib.

A nylon fold up duffle bag. We use it to put our clothes in on the way home and pack our trinkets in the sturdier luggage.

Ear plugs.

Tiny individual servings of liquid coffee creamer. Great for room service coffee before breakfast.

We bring two pair of binoculars so we can both look when someone spots something.

Large cheap plastic cups.,we fill them up with ice, tea, lemonade from the Windjammer to enjoy on our balcony.

A visor or hat for shore excursions.

A sweater to wear in the ice skating rink.

Snacks for diabetics to be used in case of a ship breakdown or delay, and a battery operated fan for the same reason.

A list of hotels in port with phone numbers in case of a departure delay.

Edited by 63galaxie

Easily forgotten ---- I wear contacts 95% of the time. I have an old pair of glasses I wear at home for when I get up; late at night; or just loafing around the house. I always pack them for the same reason (plus I can see the TV better LOL). I'm a massive planner, list person -- imagine my surprise on my last Liberty cruise when I landed in FLL, checked into the hotel, unpacked my carry-on and No Glasses! Reason - I hadn't packed them as needed them in the morning; after showering etc the next "normal" routine is to put them in the drawer of the night stand by the bed -- and that's exactly what I did!! So much for those lists:D

belkin-power-usb.jpg

If you are getting this surge protector, make sure you get the 2.1 amp version (USB charging is much quicker). I have the older 1 amp version and I do like it but my needs have changed.

My phone, GF's phone, camera, e-reader, GF's e-reader, and 7" tablet all charge by USB. I really don't need outlets anymore, I need USB charging ports. I'm switching over to this (Anker 40W 5-Port USB Charger):

51ZZs6TLePL._SX522_.jpg

The length and width dimensions are about the size of a credit card.

So here's a question...for those travel cups with a straw that you can buy at Walmart, can you use those to fill up in WJ and then take out to pool or stateroom?

Thank you notes.

Large black garbage bags for dirty laundry.

A map of the Carib.

A nylon fold up duffle bag. We use it to put our clothes in on the way home and pack our trinkets in the sturdier luggage.

Ear plugs.

Tiny individual servings of liquid coffee creamer. Great for room service coffee before breakfast.

We bring two pair of binoculars so we can both look when someone spots something.

Large cheap plastic cups.,we fill them up with ice, tea, lemonade from the Windjammer to enjoy on our balcony.

A visor or hat for shore excursions.

A sweater to wear in the ice skating rink.

Snacks for diabetics to be used in case of a ship breakdown or delay, and a battery operated fan for the same reason.

A list of hotels in port with phone numbers in case of a departure delay.

There was a sign on the dispensing machine near the pool bar and WJ not to refill water bottles because of sanitation issues. Nothing about refilling cups. After an outbreak of the norovirus on the ship those dispensing machines were shut down. How do you clean the straws?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Taking off

There was a sign on the dispensing machine near the pool bar and WJ not to refill water bottles because of sanitation issues. Nothing about refilling cups. How do you keep those straws clean ?

There's a brush for that.

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/45090168?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222228032559881&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=64527452576&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=111304397096&veh=sem

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

There was a sign on the dispensing machine near the pool bar and WJ not to refill water bottles because of sanitation issues. Nothing about refilling cups. After an outbreak of the norovirus on the ship those dispensing machines were shut down. How do you clean the straws?

I can see people putting water bottles they just had their mouth all over right up and on the water dispensing nozzle. A large open mouth cup is a different story.

So here's a question...for those travel cups with a straw that you can buy at Walmart, can you use those to fill up in WJ and then take out to pool or stateroom?

Only refill the cup by pouring from clean glasses in the WJ. Do not put the cup up to any dispenser so you do not spread germs.

Water bottles, your own cups are the same thing.

Fill a glass that's provided, then dump it into your specific drinking apparatus,

then add the proper beverage enhancement.

That is a great idea ! Not only was our ship infected with the norovirus but it also lost power for 3 hours. Not going anywhere for 3 hrs with no A/C in Central America. Bring a flashlight . Did not know that toilets do not flush without electricity.

Edited by Taking off

This happened a few cruises ago when hubby ran down to the Café Promenade early one morning to get us both coffee and danish because we forgot to put our room service order outside the night before. It was too much to carry so we took the little tray that was under the ice bucket. Couldn't believe how many people stopped him whenever he did this to ask where he got the tray. Now we pack a little one because not all ships use these little trays anymore. It doesn't take any room in the suitcase since it is flat.

I'm not going on my next cruise until February, but I have already been working on my packing list. What are all the odd items you have packed that others think you are crazy but have really come in handy? What are the simple items that you know you should have packed and could have smacked yourself for forgetting?

Oddball items:

Roll of scotch tape & pair of small scissors:I keep a journal and like to cut out and tape into it port desscriptions and/or tour descriptions we are on. I also tape postcard photos in it and sometimes our photos from ship.

Duct tape. When seas are rough we have used it to keep cubboard doors, as well as drawers, from opening. Also mended a suitcase.

Highlighter: I highlight activities in newsletter we're interested in to make them more visible.

In more than a dozen cruises there is nothing we've forgotten, thanks to a packing list I tweak.

After our first cruise I learned to pack things like aspirin and other OTC meds.

If you wear glasses, an extra pair of your prescription glasses are good to have along. ;)

LuLu

If you wear glasses, and have an excursion booked that includes kayaking, canoeing, or river tubing, eyewear retainers (such as Chums) are a must-have. They'll help keep you from losing your glasses. They can be purchased at most sporting goods stores, as well as on line.

https://www.chums.com/chums-retainers