MITSUGIRLYS DAWN TO BERMUDA NOVEL (or review as some may call it)

mitsugirly

Quick question: I'm convinced I need the Olympus Tough for our cruise/beach vacations (instead of lugging the DSLR!). What do you use underwater to attach the camera to yourself? Wrist strap? I've seen the kind that float so you don't lose it if comes off. Any recommendations?

Thanks!! Love your reviews! Been waiting to read your take on Bermuda, it's definitely on my bucket list!

Quick question: I'm convinced I need the Olympus Tough for our cruise/beach vacations (instead of lugging the DSLR!). What do you use underwater to attach the camera to yourself? Wrist strap? I've seen the kind that float so you don't lose it if comes off. Any recommendations?

Thanks!! Love your reviews! Been waiting to read your take on Bermuda, it's definitely on my bucket list!

Absolutely no need to buy anything additional for the camera such as a wrist strip. It comes with one and it works awesome. Absolutely no way it's coming off. It has a ball that you push down and tighten it onto your wrist and it's awesome. I'll take a pic and show you. :)

Absolutely no need to buy anything additional for the camera such as a wrist strip. It comes with one and it works awesome. Absolutely no way it's coming off. It has a ball that you push down and tighten it onto your wrist and it's awesome. I'll take a pic and show you. :)

P6150248_zps3hhkrg36.jpg

That little ball on it, you push in down and it slides up and down your wrist to tighten. It won't slide at all unless you are pushing it down. It's pretty sturdy and I have never had a problem. :)

BLUE LAGOON-24/7 food!!!

This is your go-to place for food anytime of the day or night. I always love this place. They have awesome food like hamburgers, wings, artichoke dip & chips, fish, fries and so on...AND....CHEESECAKE!!! Like the New York Style cheesecake...NOT what you get at the buffet. It's awesome and yummy.

More to come on this place with the food and service (during my review).

This is located on Deck 8 right up from the main area at the Atrium and you can look down over the atrium while dining and also hear the entertainment at night.

P6060160%20copy-L.jpg

P6060168%20copy-L.jpg

P6060169%20copy-L.jpg

P6101067%20copy-L.jpg

P6101068%20copy-L.jpg

P6060161%20copy-L.jpg

Edited by mitsugirly

MODERNO

This is located on the opposite side of the Blue Lagoon and basically looks identical to Blue Lagoon except it has wine over there. I did not eat here...once again, the meat thing.

P6050094%20%282%29%20copy-L.jpg

P6060162%20copy-L.jpg

P6060165%20copy-L.jpg

P6060164%20copy-L.jpg

P6060166%20copy-L.jpg

P6060167%20copy-L.jpg

Great tour of the ship! You do such a good job showing all of the features. Those murals outside were fantastic.

I might have to look up your camera. I'm just not getting what I want with my underwater camera and it's really frustrating me. Every single pic I took from snorkeling in Bermuda is grainy and green. I have the Fuji XP.

Big sigh for Blue Lagoon...I love it and miss it. I much prefer it to OSheehans.

I'm a VERY cold natured person and even the 60's is cold to me. I'm that person that you will find with 3 shirts and a sweat shirt on when it's cold, long johns and pants and 2 paris of socks and boots on. I'm constantly cold...and LOVE the summer and warm weather. I keep telling my hubby I can't wait to hit menopause so that I'll be warm. :p :eek: So having a balcony so that I can stay inside behind the glass until I want to go out to take a picture or see something will be a must.

I"m the same way--hate being cold--DH tells me I must be part reptile as I love to stay out in the sun when it's HOT.

Don't be too anxious for menopause--I used to say that too, but it's not a "comfortable" warmth -- more like being suffocated...:eek::p

Enjoying the review - love the pix of the Dawn. Brings it all back after over 10 yrs. since we sailed on her and looking forward to returning to sail her again next Spring.

P6150248_zps3hhkrg36.jpg

That little ball on it, you push in down and it slides up and down your wrist to tighten. It won't slide at all unless you are pushing it down. It's pretty sturdy and I have never had a problem. :)

Thanks! Off to shop the internet, trip to the Keys only 2 weeks away!

Oh, she will get there and it will be well worth the wait!

But actually I am dying to hear if she liked Bermuda. I gave her some suggestions of things to do and I can't wait to hear if she loved them like we did!

So hard to be patient when you are on this end!

Kim, great review! You are so great about replying to everyone who makes a comment. I know that takes so much time, so Thank you! We also know you are a wife, Mom and a nurse and have a life outside this review!

Lauri

Great tour of the ship! You do such a good job showing all of the features. Those murals outside were fantastic.

I might have to look up your camera. I'm just not getting what I want with my underwater camera and it's really frustrating me. Every single pic I took from snorkeling in Bermuda is grainy and green. I have the Fuji XP.

Big sigh for Blue Lagoon...I love it and miss it. I much prefer it to OSheehans.

A lot of people on here recommend the Olympus Tough, so there's a lot of happy people that uses them. I can't say that I have ever seen someone mention or recommend the Fuji. I would definitely give it a try if I was you (on your next purchase for a camera). They are definitely worth it and there's TONS of models to chose from so you wouldn't really have to invest in a real expensive newer model.

I agree. I like Blue Lagoon better too.

I"m the same way--hate being cold--DH tells me I must be part reptile as I love to stay out in the sun when it's HOT.

Don't be too anxious for menopause--I used to say that too' date=' but it's not a "comfortable" warmth -- more like being suffocated...:eek::p

Enjoying the review - love the pix of the Dawn. Brings it all back after over 10 yrs. since we sailed on her and looking forward to returning to sail her again next Spring.[/quote']

Yea, I know it's not going to just make me warm/hot. It's just a joke I have with the hubby about it. hehe :D

Thanks! Off to shop the internet, trip to the Keys only 2 weeks away!

Good luck and I hope you score one. :)

Posting before reading a single word because I know I'm going to love this review. YAY Mitsugirly is back!!!! :D

LOL @ Ginger. :D

I have always wanted to go to Bermuda and I was so excited to find out you were going because that meant a Mitsugirly review! :D

Thanks so much for doing it. :)

Hehe...I hope you enjoy it and thanks for the comment. :)

Interesting read, but I want to know about Bermuda.

"Interesting" comment. ;) I will get to Bermuda as soon as I can. :)

Oh, she will get there and it will be well worth the wait!

But actually I am dying to hear if she liked Bermuda. I gave her some suggestions of things to do and I can't wait to hear if she loved them like we did!

So hard to be patient when you are on this end!

Kim, great review! You are so great about replying to everyone who makes a comment. I know that takes so much time, so Thank you! We also know you are a wife, Mom and a nurse and have a life outside this review!

Lauri

Thank you so much Lauri, for understanding and you put it perfectly. I don't think people realize just how much goes into this and I try to work as quickly as possible. I'm an impatient person as well and I hate to leave people hanging. It just means that my rump falls asleep sitting at the computer all day trying to finish it. :p

That will be on page 30 of the thread. ;)

J/K

No Colin, I'm sure you're not. ;) LOL

Kim, what do you have booked next?

The only thing I "officially" have booked is Dawn to Bermuda again next year at the same time. However, that may change. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or not.

I'm looking for something still this year around Oct/Nov/Dec time but haven't found anything that strikes my fancy yet. I was going to book the Jade in November (they had the KSF on it for a week I was interested) then I waited too long and it COMPLETELY DISAPPEARED!! Like the entire cruise did. I'm not sure if it's completely booked that month now or what. But, the Jade & Gem are really the only 2 older ships I have left to do. So...I will probably be going back to Carnival for the next cruise.

INTERNET CAFE

There's tons of computers up here waiting for your use...however, I didn't see anyone on them the entire cruise. I guess we live in a society where we no longer require an actual computer and everyone uses their cell phones for everything these days. So, these didn't seem to get much use on our cruise whenever we were in the area. (I have to say I'm totally opposite. I like my computer over a small phone with a touch screen that types everything you DIDN'T mean to type...just saying. Give me a computer over a phone any day).

P6050098%20%282%29%20copy-L.jpg

P6050099%20%282%29%20copy-L.jpg

P6050104%20%282%29%20copy-L.jpg

I had some concern with the internet prior to leaving on this cruise. Hubby has his own business at a store and also online website and he always just either buys a package or plays catch up while we are in port with free wifi. This time he decided to just turn everything off and just do the store sales (ran by youngest son that just had the baby). So, I didn't get a chance to use the internet to see what the speed is like.

I do know that every report I have ever read states that the internet on the ships is like the "good old days" of dial up AOL service and so slow that things time out and it eats up all your minutes and not worth it. We tried the ship internet for the first time last year on the Sun and I have to say, it was pretty darn fast IMO. We had absolutely NO problems at all and he was able to keep up with his online sales, orders, problems and everything in about 1 hour each night. It worked perfect.

I do know that the speed varies depending on how many people are using it at the same time, the distance we are to a satellite or port/land, and the computer/equipment itself, so it can vary each time.

Like I said, we didn't use it. However, Kendra did on the last sea day coming home (she had to check in for our flight home 24 hours ahead of time). So, instead of including that in my review (because I'll probably forget), I'll just say it now. She used her phone and it seemed to work pretty good. She was able to check in and get good seats for her flight, some social media and talk to the sitter back home with her daughter. She paid the $3.95 to connect and then it was supposed to be $9.95 for like 15 minutes and she kept staying on it forever and the time never ran out....or did it?

P6050103%20%282%29%20copy-L.jpg

Once I got the final bill with NCL, they charged her another $9.90 (not sure how they came up with that amount), but obviously it didn't tell her that her time was up and disconnect her. Instead it just kept going and charging her. So just be aware.

SPA ENTRANCE FOYER

(Which is also an entrance to the gym, which also leads to the outside T-Rex kids pool area). On one side of the windows you have the gym and the other side of the windows you have the kids club.

P6050035%20copy-L.jpg

P6050036%20copy-L.jpg

P6050037%20copy-L.jpg

P6050115%20copy-L.jpg

P6050113%20copy-L.jpg