Buying P&O cruise photographs

Big Stevie

When on Ventura we purchased some photos that their photographers had taken of us, along with a P&O photo frame. Imagine my surprise when getting home to discover the photos are fractionally too large for the frame, requiring me to cut them down to size!!:mad:

I expected P&O's 10" x 8" photos to fit perfectly into their own 10" x 8" frame.

The mind boggles, especially as they cost an absolute fortune.

There were times when I found them a bit annoying - they wanted to take photos when disembarking, when eating in restaurants, when walking past them in the atrium.....

There 'special offer' of 4 x photos for £80 is bloody expensive as well.

Edited by Big Stevie

On our last cruise we reported the female photographer for being rude, pushy and very aggressive. I just never allow them to take a photograph of me these days.

A number of people; like myself do not really like having our photographs taken by the professional photographer on board. Over the years I have worked out it is by far the easiest to just let them do it, without posing or moving anything for a better shot or stopping if I am walking along. This is by far the least stressful way of doing it. One cruise a lady on our table, formal portraits night, insisted that she did not want her photograph taken and was quite adamant. The photographer was persistent and would not take no for an answer. Eventually the lady held a dinner plate in front of her face and the guy still took the picture. A few days later my daughter found the picture of the lady holding a plate in front of her face on the display stand. It made me laugh though I know I should not have done so.

Regards John

They are not P&O staff of course and I find them extremely annoying. I have a lovely photograph of us taken by the barman on Adonia and another one taken on the formal night by our friends. Much better than the garbage taken by these photographers.

On our first cruise after being awake for more than 24 hours, when we arrived at the ship they hung a garland round our necks and told us to smile. The only smile was when we saw the photo's the next day.

I always say No and make sure they know I mean it. They always print what they take and as I have no intention of buying I like to think I am helping to save the planet by not allowing them to waste ink and paper!

We let her know we didn't want our photo taken on the first day and we said it nicely. She was very sarcastic.

When on Ventura we purchased some photos that their photographers had taken of us, along with a P&O photo frame. Imagine my surprise when getting home to discover the photos are fractionally too large for the frame, requiring me to cut them down to size!!:mad:

I expected P&O's 10" x 8" photos to fit perfectly into their own 10" x 8" frame.

The mind boggles, especially as they cost an absolute fortune.

The problem is, one is metric and the other is imperial size, for some reason photo size never changed to metic, a frame for a 10x8 will be a A4 so needs trimming.. :) but they should have done that for you, I've never walked away without them putting my photos in the frame I've purchased..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Jason12

I just let them do it as well, but never buy. It saves hassle.

Good for you scriv. I try to get as many of me and swimbo on the photo board as poss. My best yet is 10. Of course I never buy and posing is more fun than scowling.

The photographers we had on Aurora in 2012 were excellent (bar one who was rude and sarcastic), so much so that we purchased several photos, but those on Azura the following year were dire. We did, however, ask them to take a particular shot of our children. When we went to collect it, it wasn't ready. We were told to go back a couple of days later and it still wasn't ready. Told to go back next day and they tried to tell us a photo of a baby was our photo (our children were 18 and 12!). They said they would phone us/leave a message at our cabin when the photo was ready - no message. Went to chase them up and the person we spoke to couldn't have cared less and made it pretty obvious too. We did finally get the photo, the evening before disembarkation, but on disembarkation day the photo desk was 8 deep with people trying to get studio portraits and the like. We made a point of highlighting the photographers' poor attitude and service on the survey, but sounds as though no notice was taken.

They are not P&O staff of course and I find them extremely annoying. I have a lovely photograph of us taken by the barman on Adonia and another one taken on the formal night by our friends. Much better than the garbage taken by these photographers.

These people "pose" as professional photographers. they get paid, and that's about as close as they get.

They are trained to take as many photos as they can before you get bored. their ridiculous poses and picture formatting leaves a lot to be desired, often heads too near the top, too far away from your partner, objects sticking out of your head etc, etc. It is just a money earner for the cruise line.

The canvas prints are only ink jet printed and not sealed. In comparison, I received a local advert offering me a 20" x 16" canvas print lately for £1.95 - tell me thats a similar price to that on board :p

On our first cruise we bought most of the pictures, but have rarely bought any since as we feel the prices are ridiculous. They also seemed to put up the prices when the change was made from printed photographs to ones that you view on a screen. On a cruise last year on Oceana I had a lovely new dress and we decided to have a portrait done on formal night, but when we came to view it on the screen it was priced at £26 for two. I only wanted one - why would I possibly want two the same? The young lady was quite rude and I had a bit of an argument with her, she even told me I could have one but would still have to pay the £26! So, of course, I didn't have any and they lost a sale. In the "old days" you just chose the one you wanted to buy and took it to the desk to pay.

On a cruise last year on Oceana I had a lovely new dress and we decided to have a portrait done on formal night, but when we came to view it on the screen it was priced at £26 for two. I only wanted one - why would I possibly want two the same? The young lady was quite rude and I had a bit of an argument with her, she even told me I could have one but would still have to pay the £26! So, of course, I didn't have any and they lost a sale. In the "old days" you just chose the one you wanted to buy and took it to the desk to pay.

To be fair to P&O, it sounds like they were charging £26 for single photos but were also giving away a second photo free of charge, which you declined?

We have been on the Azura twice, most recently in Jan 2015 and found the photographers really nice and friendly, never rude.

We had some extra photos taken to have included in one of the albums we purchased and we booked the photographer and there was no extra charge for this.

Yes, I agree that they can be annoying at times, especially after a flight to the caribbean, but a polite "no thank you", always worked.

Mark