Cheese in Luminae?

WS80

Hi

Next month we'll board the constellation and try Luminae for the first time. We like to have cheese after our meal now and then. Is that possible in Luminae and do they have a decent choice?

Thanks!

Hi

Next month we'll board the constellation and try Luminae for the first time. We like to have cheese after our meal now and then. Is that possible in Luminae and do they have a decent choice?

Thanks!

I don't know about the choice of cheeses, but a cart, such as they have in Normandie, does not make an appearance at your table. You might make a special request. They do try to accommodate.

I don't know about the choice of cheeses, but a cart, such as they have in Normandie, does not make an appearance at your table. You might make a special request. They do try to accommodate.

Wouldn't that be nice, having the Normandie cheese cart? I'm willing to skip dessert for a little extra cheese from that cart

We found Luminae very accommodating. If you had any special requests/needs they would try to sort it for you.

What I do know makes life easier for them is if you talk in advance. If you explain day 1 that you are 'cheese people' and would like a cheese plate most days they will arrange it for you and customise to your taste. If you just ask for a cheese plate at the end of a meal they will sort but it will be far less 'customised'.

It has been suggested several times that Luminae offer a cheese course but I've not seen anyone report that they do. I do think that a cheese cart such as offered in Ocean Liners, Murano's, etc. would be a great addition to dinner.

My DH opted for cheese one night instead of a dessert - I suppose you could also have it as well as a dessert. I will try and post a pic but I'm in an Internet unfriendly part of the world just now. It was a nice selection of cheeses well presented

I had the cheese one night offered on the menu and it was dreadful. Rubber! I do like my cheese so next night I asked them to get me a cheese plate from Murano. This they did and it was superb. Just ask for what you want and they get it. Sue

Thanks all for the advice! Can't wait to try it!

I'm glad to see so many cheese lovers, as it bodes well for my getting a decent selection. I guess ripe gorgonzola would be asking too much, but any good blue would suffice. Plus others, of course.

If you explain day 1 that you are 'cheese people' and would like a cheese plate most days they will arrange it for you and customise to your taste.

Love this idea. My spouse isn't big on dessert but loves cheese- will try this for him when we're on the Constellation in August.

When we ordered the cheese in Luminae, we got the cheese plate from the main dining room. I am very surprised that Luminae did not have a dedicated cheese cart or at least some gourmet cheese offerings on the menu. Hopefully they will make this change soon!

I had the cheese one night offered on the menu and it was dreadful. Rubber! I do like my cheese so next night I asked them to get me a cheese plate from Murano. This they did and it was superb. Just ask for what you want and they get it. Sue

That's good news; thank you. I occasionally like cheese instead of a dessert but I've stopped having it on Celebrity cruises as the selection is usually awful and as you say, it's just like rubber. Do you think they'll be prepared to bring cheese from Murano to Blu?

We tend to find that 'last minute' requests on any cruise line is far less favourably served than planned. As I mentioned in a previous comment re Luminae if you let the MaitraD know in advance they will usually do all they can to provide you with what will make you happy. If you are in Luminae or Blu or MDR I am sure they will still try to make you happy!

• 1 month later...

Back home now after a great cruise. We loved Luminae!

A cheese plate was on the menu every night. Guess this was new? We ordered it a few times. Very good the first times, but much less quality in the second week. The sever explained they first got their cheese from ocean liners because they don't have their,own in Luminae. Towards the end of this 14 nights cruise there wasn't much left so we got cheese from.the mdr.

When we were on the Solstice in April I asked the first night if it would be possible to have the "good cheese" from Murano every night rather than dessert. They had it waiting for me every night :)

They were happy to accommodate.

Great idea; thanks for sharing!