Luminae - which ships are serving 2 meals

kenevenpar

Bob278 reports that Infinity has no breakfast on sea days. (late May cruise)

It was on two of the sea days there was brunch, not all of them (we had 4)

Was on The Millennium 5/12-5/22 and three meals were served in Luminae each day if I recall correctly. However, they only had three rotating lunch menus. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Dean

Infinity - May 15 - 11 night cruise to Alaska:

Day 1 At Sea - Brunch/Dinner

Day 2 At Sea - B/L/D

Day 3 Ketchikan - B/L/D

Day 4 Icy Strait - B/L/D

Day 5 Juneau - B/L/D

Day 6 Tracy Arm Fjord - Brunch/Dinner

Day 7 At Sea - B/L/D

Day 8 Victoria - B/L/D

Day 9 Astoria - B/L/D

Day 10 At Sea - B/L/D

So not really consistent with the report that Infinity has no breakfast on sea days. Would be interesting to hear if inconsistency continues to be the case on this ship, or if they have settled into some sort of routine now.

Just to add more information to the mix, on the Millennium transpacific, brunch was also served on port days when we did not arrive in port until the afternoon.

I believe the lunch/brunch question is determined more by itinerary than ship. You may get a definitive answer where a ship is repeating the same itinerary all season but not when the itinerary varies from sailing to sailing.

Edited by Project_gal

Just to add more information to the mix, on the Millennium transpacific, brunch was also served on port days when we did not arrive in port until the afternoon.

I believe the lunch/brunch question is determined more by itinerary than ship. You may get a definitive answer where a ship is repeating the same itinerary all season but not when the itinerary varies from sailing to sailing.

You make a good point here.

Agreed. Eclipse May 30 2015 sailing i think one of 5 sea days had 3 but most of the time had 2 meals on sea days, but I think they can change as needed on a day by day basis. It was always listed in celebrity today whether Luminae had 2 or 3 and what the hours were. Generally brunch started at 10am.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So far, with reports on 4 ships, it is clear that it is not clear what policy they are under.

Summit seems to be the exception.

It would be nice if Celebrity Cruises would come on and clear it up.

If there are reports on the other 5 ships, please share with us.

Don't understand the secrecy here. I hope you will share the information you receive.

Enquiring minds would love to know. :)

Simply a response from customer service that they are serving three meals on all ships. It contained identifying information that the poster was not (rightly) willing to share.

My guess is that in this case the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

Ken

We've traveled in AQ cabins often and my recollection is that Blu breakfast ends at 8:30 on port days and 9:00 on sea days. We have a few future cruises booked in suites coming up and I would personally prefer a 10:00 brunch on sea days.

There seems to be a few unhappy CC members about the brunch but I wonder if the majority of suites' cruisers agree. I doubt it.

Edited by Oville

We've traveled in AQ cabins often and my recollection is that Blu breakfast ends at 8:30 on port days and 9:00 on sea days. We have a few future cruises booked in suites coming up and I would personally prefer a 10:00 brunch on sea days.

There seems to be a few unhappy CC members about the brunch but I wonder if the majority of suites' cruisers agree. I doubt it.

For me, that is not the issue. It is an issue of what was promised in print, on here, and other places.