To up sell or not to up sell?

mrsstefedwards

Honestly, I did not see anybody doing that. Of course, I could not see everything....nor would I try!

USNS=tougher than the average cruiser?!?

We always do although DW will usually outlast me! ;)

Its not that tough. :D

If we have dicey weather, that won't be me. LOL! I'll just have to settle for a little extra fresh air and a nice view through the slidding door. I don't mind being out in adverse weather conditions, but I need to keep moving.

It can get pretty chilly. :)

I'm pretty sure we are going to decline. I'm expecting twins this Christmas and we'd rather save up the money. My parents got the same offer and they are going to go for it. Knowing we can spend time on their balcony really helps us make our decision.

Thank you everyone for the advise. I will most certainly plan our budgeting better next time around knowing that up selling is a thing that happens, not just wishful dreaming. [emoji5]️

Spending time with family on their balcony sounds like a delightful plan.

Congrats on the growing family.

On our previous Alaska Cruise, my DW and I booked a mini-suite and shared the balcony with our traveling companions who could only afford a nearby interior. That worked out fine for everyone, and I expect a similar arrangement will be fine for you.

I'm pretty sure we are going to decline. I'm expecting twins this Christmas and we'd rather save up the money. My parents got the same offer and they are going to go for it. Knowing we can spend time on their balcony really helps us make our decision...

I think you made the right choice. With money a concern, twins on the way and parents on your sailing with a balcony, it would have been foolish to upgrade, IMO. Enjoy your cruise :).

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

Now knowing your exciting impending arrival and that your parents will have one...you made a wise decision. Upsells are not, by any means, always offered, just know that. Out of all of my friends and family who cruise Princess, we have been offered one twice and my in-laws once, and no one else has been offered one. Budgeting for it is a great idea, though, so you can jump on it if offered! Congrats on your babies, and happy cruising to you!

I'm pretty sure we are going to decline. I'm expecting twins this Christmas and we'd rather save up the money.

Be sure to have your picture taken with a scenic Alaska background.

When your twins grow up, you can show them a picture of their first Alaska cruise.

I'm pretty sure we are going to decline. I'm expecting twins this Christmas and we'd rather save up the money. My parents got the same offer and they are going to go for it. Knowing we can spend time on their balcony really helps us make our decision.

Thank you everyone for the advise. I will most certainly plan our budgeting better next time around knowing that up selling is a thing that happens, not just wishful dreaming. [emoji5]️

Well that makes a different set of circumstances. If one of the group has a balcony, everyone has a balcony. Actually we use that saying more for suites, but it applies here too.

We loved our voyage on the small ship, Tahitian Princess, because we got to go where they can't go anymore because the ships are too big to port there.