Drink Prices Not That Bad

I'm sorry, but i have to disagree with this one. I don't think sporting events (which sell notoriously overpriced concessions) are a fair marker for what's "reasonable". A measure of "reasonable" would be looking at prices from perhaps a chain restaurant or bar, not a specialty bar/restaurant, and certainly not a sports arena. Sporting events, movie theaters, places like that are all selling to a captive audience pretty much. . . and can charge whatever they want because people are willing to pay to add to their experience. I think the cruise industry has followed along with that logic by bumping prices astronomically on some things. That said, you can still choose to imbibe or not. We do, we just get the package now. ;) But I still don't think the prices can be considered reasonable.

Cruise ships are also selling to a captive audience. The prices are on par with NYC prices so I have no problem with them. I just find it hard to believe that all of these posts are about the price of a drink. Pay it or don't pay it...what is the big deal?

What's a lava flow?

This is the home version:

Ingredients:

1 oz. light rum

1 oz. Malibu coconut rum

2 oz. coconut cream

2 oz. pineapple juice

2 oz. fresh or frozen strawberries

1 banana

Directions:

Blend the 2 rums and the strawberries in a blender to form a smooth paste.

Pour this mixture into a tall (Collins or Hurricane) glass.

Rinse the blender. Blend the banana, the coconut cream, and the pineapple juice in blender with crushed ice until smooth.

Pour this mixture into the glass with the rums very slowly and watch as the strawberry mixture oozes its way to the top along the sides of the glass creating the flowing lava effect.

Garnish with a pineapple wedge and umbrella.

Cruise ships are also selling to a captive audience. The prices are on par with NYC prices so I have no problem with them. I just find it hard to believe that all of these posts are about the price of a drink. Pay it or don't pay it...what is the big deal?

That's what I found a couple of weeks ago on the Radiance. I guess the amount of sticker shock really is dependent on where you live and vacation as a rule. I got a couple of Malibu and diet Cokes and was not shocked by the price. What did surprise me was how generous the pour of Malibu was. Reading on here I fully expected to mainly taste diet Coke with perhaps a touch of coconut flavoring - but both drinks had very generous pours...in fact one was extremely light in color so generous was the pour.

• 1 month later...
What category for the drink package can you get just plain black coffee??? Do you have to have the ultimate??

Plain black coffee is included with your basic cruise fare, no extra package needed.