Drink Prices Not That Bad

That's one of the funniest things I've read recently.

I picked a random date in June 2016... 7 night, Eastern Caribbean Sailing, Two Adults:

Disney Fantasy (June 18)

Interior: $4,973

OV: $5,449

Balcony: $5,827

Concierge: $9,481

RCI Freedom Of the Seas (June 19)

Interior: $2,771

OV: $2,795

Balcony: $2,664

Concierge: $3,762

*NOTE: All prices are the lowest priced cabin in each category

If I could afford the prices for Disney, I could afford the drink packages on RCI.

I don't think it's just the current cost of the drinks on RCI that has people upset, but the drink cost INCREASE that recently happened. If you're used to paying $2/gallon for gas, and the next day the price went up to $2.80 (40% increase), you'd be complaining also.

Ya, probably the silliest statement I've ever read on here.:D Disney doesn't gouge, Hmmmm Have you been to a Disney themed park lately? Too funny, Disney doesn't gouge, HAHA You could buy 5 ultimate packages and still be under the price of Disney just to step foot on the ship.

Oh to not live in liberal America.

Massachusetts not liberal...:eek: You could not be more wrong. Obviously, you have never lived here, or you would not make such a ludicrous statement.

I have read this entire thread, I have been struggling all week on whether to buy a drink package or not. After the debacle of the Ultimate+Replenish gaff, I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. There are certainly pros and cons to both sides....

Here's the reason I want to get it....

I like the idea of the ultimate package, because it would allow me to try whatever I wanted, and not worry about the cost. I wouldn't TRY a drink for $14 ea, only to found out I hated it - I'm almost FORCED to drink it.... On the package, try it...if you like it.. drink it, if not.. toss and get something else.....

I enjoy a latte or 2 a day, as I love coffee - it's included - Perfect.

I also enjoy a GG or Ketel one Martini - included - perfect.

Reasons not

#1 is cost - $~455 is nothing to sneeze at....that's quite a bit to swallow.

I hate to pay $14 ea per drink, but am I really going to drink 5-6 a day, everyday?? I say $14 because of what I drink. I realize beers are $7, and wine is $8 or more, but I'm not a wine drinker...I almost feel compelled to drink more than I normally would, just to break even...

Oh the trials and tribulations of a drink package :-)

On Grandeur of the Seas last month, those drinks were not $14. They were closer to $10. At the end of the day, it's worth it if you plan to drink about 6 or more drinks per day we found. If you're not averaging that, buy your drinks a-la-cart.

I personally went with a drink package so I could try different drinks and that I could budget the cost before the cruise. I walked in with my cruise fare, my gratuities, and liquor all paid for. It was a nice feeling to know I would not have to be overly careful tracking my spending. (Though in reality, I just ended up spending on other things haha.)

Massachusetts not liberal...:eek: You could not be more wrong. Obviously, you have never lived here, or you would not make such a ludicrous statement.

I think that was sarcasm.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Try buying a beer at an NFL game or a NASCAR Track!

The alternative to paying higher prices on a cruise ship is to stay home, pick up a cold 6-pack at your local 7-11, and drink it while sitting on the curb!

The alternative is to sail on a different cruise line, which is what i'm doing in 2016.

I'd be interested in the cost of blended whiskey - like Canadian Club or Seagrams VO. Haven't seen either on recent postings and trying to decide re a drink package. Thanks.

My husband drinks blended whiskey. He said he thought in April it was $7.75 + tip for Crown Royal. Canadian Club is usually about $1 less, but he didn't have any on last cruise.

My husband drinks blended whiskey. He said he thought in April it was $7.75 + tip for Crown Royal. Canadian Club is usually about $1 less, but he didn't have any on last cruise.

Drink prices are different from ship to ship, bar to bar, and day to day.

I was on a TA in May-June where a house vodka and tonic was $6.00 + tip, 24 hours later it was posted that same drink was $12. :confused:

Most of the posts never state what spirits were actually ordered. If you don't specify house spirits, they WILL CHARGE YOU FOR PREMIUM!

On average how much do you think 1 person would spend in a week can't decide whether to get a package or not I will be on tours on a couple of days.

If you tell us which drinks you will have in a week, we can give an estimate.

If I don't buy a package is there anywhere you can get free soft drinks coffee tea on board Allure or is everything charged for TY

No free soda. However, there are other drinks that are included in your basic cruise fare: tap water, iced tea, lemonade, coffee, hot tea, milk, and juices at breakfast. Also, Park Cafe as flavored waters.

Edited by clarea

How many of each type? Can't estimate without some numbers.

I'd say around 2-3 cocktails by the pool and 4glasses of wine per evening just a guess trying to work out if it's worth paying for an alcohol package.

Can the drinks package be used at dinner??