Are Shampoo and conditional provided

silly2003

On Regal this past January and used combo for first time. Will be bringing my own for future cruises. Also, noticed no hand cream but I asked an got loads of Lotus spa brand.

I like the cream they supply to rub on my feet. I always ask the steward for extra to take home. Most people return it to him unused.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

HAL NCL and Celebrity products are fine for s week but Princess NO WAY. I used it 2 days as I was thinking it would be ok. Went and bought 2 small bottles in port

THANK YOU! I shall make sure to put the mini samples I received from a hotel stay, which I ADORE and can easily use, in my toiletry bag. It's getting rather full, I've been collecting sample sizes of dental care; hair care; fragrance and make up for quite some time. I intend to use up, and discard in the supplied rubbish bin, the bottle/jar/tube.

The last time I stayed at my favourite Capital city hotel, they'd changed to a new range which I personally wasn't favourably impressed with-only "collected" a set for me and 1 for a friend who actually didn't like it, so I have both sets. I personally always have trouble with a 2-in-1 shampoo, even from my preferred company, it just DOESN'T work for me!

It takes a lot of "pumps" of the shower gel for me to generate any type of lather. To me, I'd much rather have the large circular soap bars they used years ago. Quality went by the wayside in favor of less expensive, less waste of the pump.

I bring my own shampoo.

THANK YOU! I shall make sure to put the mini samples I received from a hotel stay, which I ADORE and can easily use, in my toiletry bag. It's getting rather full, I've been collecting sample sizes of dental care; hair care; fragrance and make up for quite some time. I intend to use up, and discard in the supplied rubbish bin, the bottle/jar/tube.

The last time I stayed at my favourite Capital city hotel, they'd changed to a new range which I personally wasn't favourably impressed with-only "collected" a set for me and 1 for a friend who actually didn't like it, so I have both sets. I personally always have trouble with a 2-in-1 shampoo, even from my preferred company, it just DOESN'T work for me!

The two in one stuff works for no one that I know but it's still in the supermarkets so someone must like it.

Edited by paddingtonbear

I am not picky about shampoo but the combination stuff on the ship leaves something out. I do better when I bring a small container (or 2 depending on length of cruise) of conditioner (like what you get in hotels - I have LOTS of those). Doesn't take up any space in the suitcase and weighs next to nothing.

I agree and did the same thing!

I am NOT picky about shampoo and conditioner and have always been fine with those provided on Princess, and other cruise lines--until our last Princess cruise that had the combined shampoo and contioner product in dispensers in the shower.

I will say that I don't like shampoo/conditioner combos at any time, but this was the worst I've ever tried.

That was the worst product I have ever used on my hair--luckily I had a couple of small bottles of shampoo and conditioner along. The stuff made my hair feel hard and stiff, straw-like and icky.

I also didn't like the dispensers--almost impossible to get enough product out easily. It took quite a few pumps. I honestly think washing my hair with the bar soap would have been better.

I was able to get some of the 'old' product from our steward but that was 1.5 years ago, so not sure they still have it. We were in a regular balcony cabin. Probably suites have nicer shampoos. Hopefully.

[quote name='TwoBadKnees']It takes a lot of "pumps" of the shower gel for me to generate any type of lather. To me, I'd much rather have the large circular soap bars they used years ago. [/quote]

[quote name='Colo Cruiser']We bring our own soap bars now too.
If you stick 2 of the quarter size Princess soaps together it helps a tad. :rolleyes:[/quote]

The current circular soap bars are the same diameter as the older version, just thinner.

They are larger than the soap bars in most hotels/motels.

[quote name='caribill']The current circular soap bars are the same diameter as the older version, just thinner.

[COLOR="Red"]They are larger than the soap bars in most hotels/motels[/COLOR].[/QUOTE]

But smaller then the prior bars available on Princess. :rolleyes:

Thinner is the key word. They are terrible unless stuck together with other similar thinner bars of soap...:cool: