Top chef question

willtup5

Have booked 11 night med cruise on the silhouette. Does anyone know what nights the dining room serves top chef selections?

Thanks in advance

David

In my recent experience (Equinox, Constellation & Millennium) it is always the third night. Just had it last night on Millennium.

Top Chefs menu is on all ships. It is the only new menu. I was delighted when I saw it on my winter cruise 2015 on the Eclipse. On paper, it sounds good. On the plate, it can vary. On the Eclipse, I ordered from it and then reordered a steak. Everyone at our table did the same thing. Food was bad. Recently on the Summit, the food on the Top Chef menu was better. Most people at our table, enjoyed the food. Try it. If you don't like it, reorder.

The only thing I cared for on it was the barbecued chicken and the accompanying macaroni and cheese.

I think when it was new, there was more consistency and quality control, but over the intervening months, it has become hit-or-miss. For me, it's my least favorite menu.

While I agree that the Top Chef was not the best menu, I really liked the tomato watermelon gazpacho. I have been searching for that recipe since I got home with no luck. Did anyone get recipes or references for the TC menu?

• 2 weeks later...
Top Chef is night 8 on the current 14 night Eclipse sailings.

Excellent! Night 8 - That'll be the second of two long days of touring Rome followed by Florence - when we thought we might just graze in the buffet - looks like that's a plan.

Generally speaking, it seems that Top Chef is the least loved night in the MDR, I wonder why they bother.

I have always felt that night three, which usually follows the first formal night on night two, has consistently been the worst night menu wise for the majority of my cruises. This has held true for X, RCI and Carnival. Because of this, it's my first choice night wise for specialty dining.

Tonight's Top Chef menu items had definitely been "tweaked" and we're no longer true to the original recipes. And they added the spaghetti carbonara to this same menu, which had never been there before. As if they are slowly phasing the whole idea out, maybe?