Summit from Bayonne NJ - Staue of Liberty

bobby1119

I was lucky enough to be on the June 21 sailing. A short time prior to sailing Captain Leo said he thought he could give us a surprise and what a great surprise it was. The sun was out and we were all rewarded with an outstanding view of the Statue of Liberty, lower Manhattan and of the Queen Mary in Brooklyn. A great start to a great cruise. There was no indication that this would be a regular thing but we were ready to leave early and could do our thing prior to the Breakaway moving towards us.

I was lucky enough to be on the June 21 sailing. A short time prior to sailing Captain Leo said he thought he could give us a surprise and what a great surprise it was. The sun was out and we were all rewarded with an outstanding view of the Statue of Liberty, lower Manhattan and of the Queen Mary in Brooklyn. A great start to a great cruise. There was no indication that this would be a regular thing but we were ready to leave early and could do our thing prior to the Breakaway moving towards us.

I too was,on the Summit this past week. When the captain announced he was making a deviation from the normal course to pass by the statue for a photo op it reminded me of the last time a captain said he was making a deviation to give the passengers a thrill. Ours turned out ok fortunately.

Originally the plan today was to go north on the Hudson so passengers could have a look of the Statue of Liberty. I did hear them say that on the marine radio on the PTZtv webcam site. Shortly after departing Cape Liberty she experienced the pod problem. The two previous weeks the Captain has taken her north for a scenic view before heading to Bermuda.

[quote name='dorito6778']FYI: summit also went north on the 6/28 sailing as well.cant say if its part of the new "course" but it was a great sight to see![/quote]

and June 21 as well :)