Traditional dining times

hazand

Standard is Early Seating at 6:00 PM, Late Seating at 8:30 PM.

But depending itinerary they sometimes modify them to where early is 5:45 or 5:30 PM and late could be 8, 8:15 or 8:45.

On our upcoming RCCL Liberty cruise dining times were changed to 5:30 PM for Early and 8:00 PM for late.

Edited by CruisingChick

Be aware that recently Celebrity have been 'wait listing' Traditional Dining. I think this is because the MDR has been halved, due to the new Suite dining room.

It might be better to opt for 'Select' dining, then you can choose when you eat.

Be aware that recently Celebrity have been 'wait listing' Traditional Dining. I think this is because the MDR has been halved, due to the new Suite dining room.

It might be better to opt for 'Select' dining, then you can choose when you eat.

The MDR has been "halved"?? Don't think so!

LOL - they used a SMALL part of the MDR for Luminae.

That's very different than HALF of the MDR.

Exaggerate much? LOL

LOL - they used a SMALL part of the MDR for Luminae.

That's very different than HALF of the MDR.

Exaggerate much? LOL

Exaggeration unintentional, I read these boards and that was the impression I gained.

Halved or not doesn't really matter as part of the MDR has been lost but then some of those suite guests are no longer taking MDR seats. Passenger capacity for dining hasn't changed so I am sure it will all work out.:D

Having been on Silhouette recently, I would say they took approximately a quarter of the dining room, the front half of the starboard side. So if your table is aft on the starboard side, it is difficult to meander through the entire dining room to reach your table. They need to carve a path with different carpeting or something.

Having been on Silhouette recently, I would say they took approximately a quarter of the dining room, the front half of the starboard side. So if your table is aft on the starboard side, it is difficult to meander through the entire dining room to reach your table. They need to carve a path with different carpeting or something.

Which level?

On S class ships, Luminae was taken from the lower lever MDR.

Probably the same area on M class ships.

Thanks, that is taking from the Traditional dining area then which explains why on some cruises there are waitlists.:D

I don't understand. Are you saying that signing up for traditional dining before the cruise is waitlisted, or that each evening there is an issue so that on that evening a person might be waitlisted for that evening? Once I've been assigned to a traditional dinning time before the cruise, then I'd be expected to dine at that time, right?

- Joel

I don't understand. Are you saying that signing up for traditional dining before the cruise is waitlisted, or that each evening there is an issue so that on that evening a person might be waitlisted for that evening? Once I've been assigned to a traditional dinning time before the cruise, then I'd be expected to dine at that time, right?

- Joel

It is prior to the cruise, where some people wanted a traditional dining spot but have been waitlisted for it, if any one drops off traditional dining then they take people off the waitlist to fill the tables. In the meantime they will likely end up as Select dining.

Edited by MicCanberra

What is the traditional dining times in restaurants please? :)

I can give you two answers; one based on personal experience, one based on reading this forum:

a. Set dining is at 6:00pm and 8:30pm.

or

b. Set dining is at times that are either

Too Early

Too Late

Enjoy!

Obviously it's not to scale, but looking at the Reflection's MDR floor plan on Celebrity's site, it looks like a little less than 1/4 of downstairs MDR was made into Luminae dinning.

Thanks, that is taking from the Traditional dining area then which explains why on some cruises there are waitlists.:D

Obviously it's not to scale, but looking at the Reflection's MDR floor plan on Celebrity's site, it looks like a little less than 1/4 of downstairs MDR was made into Luminae dinning.

Cheers, I suppose it still takes up numerous tables in the traditional area so that the people displaced (unless they were suite guests) will now be put onto the Select dining option.

Edited by MicCanberra

Cheers, I suppose it still takes up numerous tables in the traditional area so that the people displaced (unless they were suite guests) will now be put onto the Select dining option.

Yes but also a lot of Suite guests also dined in Select before so that would also free up tables in the Select area.

Just back from a Summit cruise where a section of the lower MDR has been carved out for Luminae with what's left as traditional dining. The upper level has a section carved out for Blu with the remainder being Select. Select dining was a nightmare on our cruise. Waits every night, usually around 20 minutes with the longest being 45 minutes. We went at varying times between 6 and 7 and always had a wait. They would not allow reservations between 5:30 and 8.

Just back from a Summit cruise where a section of the lower MDR has been carved out for Luminae with what's left as traditional dining. The upper level has a section carved out for Blu with the remainder being Select. Select dining was a nightmare on our cruise. Waits every night, usually around 20 minutes with the longest being 45 minutes. We went at varying times between 6 and 7 and always had a wait. They would not allow reservations between 5:30 and 8.

The problem with trying to dine Select at 6-7pm is you need to have the people who started their dining between 5.30-6 pm finish. Then the tables need to be cleared and reset. This is why we normally go around 7.30- 8pm.:D

It is prior to the cruise, where some people wanted a traditional dining spot but have been waitlisted for it, if any one drops off traditional dining then they take people off the waitlist to fill the tables. In the meantime they will likely end up as Select dining.

Thanks,

- Joel