MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

While the image shown may be the incorrect one, at least is a better representation for what the side GS cabin should look like as compare to the MSC USA site. The USA site shows the image of the center GS for every single GS.

I know you have mentioned this before, but it is bizarre how different MSC UK vs. MSC USA websites have different info for the same ship.

Oh, I see now. That update made quite a few changes to the UK site. I also note it is still the same price as the 2br version.

017ed5f377ea5abb5de3ffa1b8bbe541.jpg

I have just looked at the graphic pictures on the UK MSC site for a Balcony cabin and the Suite, both are identical but the dimensions are different, Balcony 14 sq metres while the Suite is 28 to 33 Sq metres, so the Deck 9 Suite may be 28 and the Aft Suite 33.

I just did a mock booking and the Deck 9 suite is 177 SF room and 172 SF balcony, the aft suite is 275 SF and 150 SF.

Dave

Looks like deck 9 is just cabins.

Yes, deck ten mid looks nice. I was referring to some Bella balconies on nine being above the deck eight Comedy Club, Sports Bar and some other unknown areas.

Oh, I see now. That update made quite a few changes to the UK site. I also note it is still the same price as the 2br version.

017ed5f377ea5abb5de3ffa1b8bbe541.jpg

That's exactly it and part of the point I was trying to make. Also, when I inquired with MSC a while back, I was told the port side and starboard side GS cabins are not two bedroom cabins.

That's exactly it and part of the point I was trying to make. Also, when I inquired with MSC a while back, I was told the port side and starboard side GS cabins are not two bedroom cabins.

Oh, wow. If all the port and starboard GS are not 2br then there are going to be a lot of angry people. Looks like you may be right.

939f8ccce3d52f8e19d9bad0b57be9df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Count me as one of the angry ones if they end up being a one bedroom! I booked Grand Suite 13002 directly with MSC and the agent was adamant that it is a two bedroom cabin and this was just in February this year.

So I decided to take the plunge and booked a Bella balcony for me and the kids in march of 2019. I got the government employee discount. It ended up being $2275 for the 4 of us. And with only a $50 deposit I'm still in awe we got a week long cruise in a balcony cabin for that price :).

Now I just have to wait 2 long years. The date was picked for a reason (last spring break before my oldest goes off to college). But man I wish I could move it up lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oh, wow. If all the port and starboard GS are not 2br then there are going to be a lot of angry people. Looks like you may be right.

939f8ccce3d52f8e19d9bad0b57be9df.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

I can't remember were I heard it from but I recall hearing that the Wellness GS cabins (e.g, 12002) would have some type of gym equipment in them. If true, that will take up some square footage of the cabin.

Also when you look at all the GS cabins, note which ones have the symbols of a Diamond, Square, Triangle and etc. The GS suites in the middle have at least two symbols.

Another observation, while most of the Starboard and Portside GS cabins have a decent amount of square feet (plus 500 on some), the space very forward and corners are slanted. So nothing really tall would be deep in those locations.

So who really knows. Are they a two "room" suite (I.e. Living room and a Bedroom), or a two "bedroom" suite (I.e two separate bedrooms and a living area)?????

We have GS 11002 booked for 4 in Jan 2019. I really hope they haven't just changed the configuration on us. I have confirmed a few times that it is indeed a two bedroom with two bathroom suite. MSC seriously needs to update the content on its website to be consistent. It is very confusing! I am really excited to try this line. I would love for there to be some more releases of the interior, although based on the limited pictures of the Meraviglia, I am not sure we will see any.

Let's hope that someone from MSC is following here on CC and would relay the message to corporate to publish some updates regarding cabins, configurations and the many other questions that people have about Seaside. How about the CC Editor asking on behalf of CC members?

Met a strange man in the Pub the other day, somehow we ended up chatting about MSC and the new Seaside. He said he had inside knowledge and not to worry. Cabins will be bigger on the inside. Called himself "The Doctor."

Let's hope that someone from MSC is following here on CC and would relay the message to corporate to publish some updates regarding cabins, configurations and the many other questions that people have about Seaside. How about the CC Editor asking on behalf of CC members?

I highly doubt anyone from MSC is hanging out here. It would be better for those with questions to post to them via Twitter and Facebook as they seem to be responsive to those avenues.

We have GS 11002 booked for 4 in Jan 2019. I really hope they haven't just changed the configuration on us. I have confirmed a few times that it is indeed a two bedroom with two bathroom suite. MSC seriously needs to update the content on its website to be consistent. It is very confusing! I am really excited to try this line. I would love for there to be some more releases of the interior, although based on the limited pictures of the Meraviglia, I am not sure we will see any.

I find consistency to be a big problem with MSC, it can be a case of organised chaos onboard. On my last cruise at the emergency drill, all staff stood around chatting, no one was listening to the information and a lot of people just left before it was finished! Let's hope they get their act together for Seaside.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

MSC seriously needs to update the content on its website to be consistent

I have been speaking with a Customer Service representative over the past few weeks. Yesterday, I asked about the stateroom floorplans. The CSR said she had detailed information as to the size of each stateroom and veranda, and also had a tickler file of other dates. She looked up my stateroom, and provided me with the square footage of the stateroom and veranda (which matched the information on MSC US website via a dummy / mock booking). Among the other information, she said MSC is expected to release detailed information (including images, etc) at approximately five to six months prior to the inaugural sailing. Granted, that's verbal information from one CSR, and there is no way to guarantee that the information is correct.

... it can be a case of organised chaos onboard. On my last cruise at the emergency drill, all staff stood around chatting, no one was listening to the information and a lot of people just left before it was finished!

I'm not sure that equates to chaos, but agree the crew should not have been chatting during the drill, unless assisting a guest. I am curious - which ship?

Maybe someone from MSC is checking these boards and if not has got a message about the recent discussion regarding the conflicting info on Grand Suites. So now when you do a booking for most cabin types using the MSC US or MSC UK site, you will get an image of the cabin category. However, if you choose a Grand Suite Category you no longer get an image of any kind. I tried this multiple times and for different dates writhin the last two hours and same outcome. Perhaps they will finally have a consistent message/image when they decide to share more about the GS cabins.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Maybe someone from MSC is checking these boards and if not has got a message about the recent discussion regarding the conflicting info on Grand Suites. So now when you do a booking for most cabin types using the MSC US or MSC UK site, you will get an image of the cabin category. However, if you choose a Grand Suite Category you no longer get an image of any kind. I tried this multiple times and for different dates writhing the last two hours and same outcome. Perhaps they will finally have a consistent message/image when they decide to share more about the GS cabins.

We need more info on all the cabins because every site has different sq ft.

Interesting. Trying to book a grand suite for a sailing in 2018. The MSC website has it listed but my travel agent that I work with said that this category doesn't exist????

Your T/A should be able to contact MSC for clarification.