MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Hi guys, thanks for trying to keep us up to date on the Seaside. Unfortunately I have trouble with some of the links and am not smart enough to know how to translate some of the material. I think that there is a problem with Miami wanting MSC to put millions more into the port to accommodate larger ships. Is that for future MSC ships or for other cruise lines and if so should MSC have to bear the cost? Or is it more of a timing issue, that it might not be ready on time for the Seaside? Has the construction of the Seaside slowed down due to Fincantieri working on a different ship? And the latest press release I can find is about the four new ships to be ordered from STX. Any idea if anything is progressing on Ocean Cay? Whatever you can find out is greatly appreciated. I'm really worried that my January 2018 cruise on the Seaside might not happen. Thanks again, Bob

Hi guys, thanks for trying to keep us up to date on the Seaside. Unfortunately I have trouble with some of the links and am not smart enough to know how to translate some of the material. I think that there is a problem with Miami wanting MSC to put millions more into the port to accommodate larger ships. Is that for future MSC ships or for other cruise lines and if so should MSC have to bear the cost? Or is it more of a timing issue, that it might not be ready on time for the Seaside? Has the construction of the Seaside slowed down due to Fincantieri working on a different ship? And the latest press release I can find is about the four new ships to be ordered from STX. Any idea if anything is progressing on Ocean Cay? Whatever you can find out is greatly appreciated. I'm really worried that my January 2018 cruise on the Seaside might not happen. Thanks again, Bob

I'll do the translation for you CTBob: This is the article relating to the scrambling of trying to get Carnival Vista complete before May 1st and how Fincantieri has pulled workers from all over the yard and beyond to help in it's completion:

Monfalcone - It is not just a race against time, there is also the final photo finish. So much so that on the occasion of the delivery of Carnival Vista, it must start May 1 from Trieste for the inaugural cruise, to use as long as necessary, until the last day available, there is a real risk that skip the traditional ceremony with the feast Panzano. It had never happened so far in Monfalcone and only once the ceremony on board had been canceled after a fatal accident.

Fifteen days after the first cruise then, and until recently, has not been officially announced no date (usually a few days before the cruise) for the ceremony by Fincantieri shipowner. The only thing certain is that in the afternoon of April 29, Vista let go the moorings, and will head to Trieste where, precisely on May 1, will set sail for the inaugural cruise in the Mediterranean. There are rumors about a possible party "reduced" the evening of 28, but for now this is pure hypothesis unconfirmed by Fincantieri or operator. To organize a simple event on board with the public call you miss a day of work, too valuable time serving instead to get to the departure of the cruise with the completely finished productions.

It confirms the fact that it is in place an extraordinary marathon to arrive on time is the fact that for weeks now in Panzano there are nearly 10 thousand people, including employees of Fincantieri, industries and companies crew, working frantically on Vista. Indeed, a further indication of the enormous effort that the company is doing, it seems that the presence of external firms is called upon reinforcements from other sites of the group and increased. And as if that were not enough to ensure that there are no hitches in the maxi-dell'allestimento director (each time is a miracle) have been called into service as well as some who were already retired. After all it is a prototype that had a very challenging difficult and how it became known, and as was expected (because it is a prototype), several amendments and adjustments requested by the owner during the construction of the hotel part are needed.A great challenge that has put a strain in particular the engineering part and design. It is understood also suffered earlier in the week, when the Carnival Vista, in the night between Sunday and Monday, contrary to what is usually done in Monfalcone, has come for docking at the dock after sea trials. It is not it is even wait the few hours that were missing because giungesse sunlight so much hurry to see turn the ship to pick up all the workers who had to get right to work. A decision which has raised protests from trade unions (there was a unified note Fim, Fiom and Uilm) who had signed an agreement with Fincantieri to perform maneuvers with daylight for security reasons. There were too tight deadlines and Fincantieri, after informing the union representative who was on board the ship, requested authorization to the Harbour Master to return late at night.In any case, from what has been known sea trials went very well with results that met in full by the shipowner. A daily challenge aboard the Carnival of the innovations that contains hitherto unseen in other ships of the same family. It is in fact considered a "technological reference point in euroipeo and worldwide." Not only for the structure and the innovative design, but also for the extremely high performance and high quality of technical solutions of avanguargia. A giant of the sea by 133 thousand and 500 tons, can accommodate nearly 5 thousand passengers, it is the largest ship ever built for Carnival Cruise Lines

Works on my phone, non of the cruise news sites appear to have a story on it !

I know,,,I can only find it under the Italian MSC Press Area,,,although,,,I did find another site which mentions the ceremony on the 21st in the comment section of the first MSC Seaside construction photo:

http://www.naviearmatori.net/eng/album-76-1.html

So no problems with the Seaside yet, just that all of the capabilities of Fincanteri are busy trying to finish up the Vista on time. Thanks for the translation. Bob

Edited by CTBob

So no problems with the Seaside yet, just that all of the capabilities of Fincanteri are busy trying to finish up the Vista on time. Thanks for the translation. Bob

That's correct Bob,,,There are numerous blocks all ready to go,,just nobody to put them together it seems. Hopefully we'll get a better idea about the progress on Thursday during the coin ceremony. :)

Mike ... It will be interesting to see if it is a full blown media show or just another low key mention on the MSC Italy website as they did when the put the first blocks in the dock.

Good question Sid,,,I tried to access the MSC Press Area and now it tells me that the site can not be reached,,,hmmmmmmm!!!!! :confused:

Edited by Mikesa1721

FYI Ken Muscat, EVP for MSC Cruises USA is in route to Italy and the shipyard building MSC SEASIDE. He will be posting live tweets the entire time he is there regarding the progress of SEASIDE.

FYI Ken Muscat, EVP for MSC Cruises USA is in route to Italy and the shipyard building MSC SEASIDE. He will be posting live tweets the entire time he is there regarding the progress of SEASIDE.

Where have you been eroller??? I saw his tweet about boarding his flight to Frankfurt,,,,funny how this ceremony has been kept so hush hush,,,MSC should know by now they can't keep anything secret with Cruise Critic around!!!:D

No doubt the block that was floated out will be back in the dock for this ceremony, or will they crane a different piece in instead for the media!

This is the block Fincantieri will be using for the coin ceremony Sid:

1460135993.jpg

Odd decision as a keel block is usually used for the coin ceremony.

Who knows where the keel blocks are at this point Sid,,,all I've seen since she was pulled out of the construction basin is blocks and more blocks,,,, :(