MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Just booked the MSC Seaside. Our confirmation for a Fantastica Suite states -

"Cabin Area 18.00mq - Door .65mt'

"Bathroom Area 2.00mq with shower"

18mq seems small for a suite if I'm converting it right to 193.75sq ft

The odd thing is the website says fir suites, "Surface approx from 302 to 355 sq. ft.

Has anyone here booked a Fantastica Suite and have more info on the cabin? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Tall-Cruiser,

We are booked in an aft. wrap around Aurea Suite and our paper work doesn't give the size of the cabin. Where did you find your info on the size?

When are you booked?

Has anyone heard from Mikesa lately? Hope he comes back to the thread.

Have a great evening everyone,

Gerry

Just booked the MSC Seaside. Our confirmation for a Fantastica Suite states -

"Cabin Area 18.00mq - Door .65mt'

"Bathroom Area 2.00mq with shower"

18mq seems small for a suite if I'm converting it right to 193.75sq ft

The odd thing is the website says fir suites, "Surface approx from 302 to 355 sq. ft.

Has anyone here booked a Fantastica Suite and have more info on the cabin? Thank you.

I am in S2 Fantastica Suite. MSC's website indicates these suites start at 302SF for the surface area. In speaking with MSC, it appears as though the measurements are for the *entire* surface area, including veranda.

As a side note, there are other threads which suggest non-Yacht Club suites on MSC provide a single room floorplan. Though I have not personally confirmed this information, it would seem as though it could be confirmed in two ways:

1) MSC guests who have sailed in a non-Yacht Club suite could indicate whether their stateroom was a multi-room or single room floorplan.

2) Ask MSC if existing suites on existing ships are multi-room, or single-room floorplan.

Tall-Cruiser,

We are booked in an aft. wrap around Aurea Suite and our paper work doesn't give the size of the cabin. Where did you find your info on the size?

S2 & S3 are grouped the same ... 302SF - 355SF. The MSC deckplan suggests the aft Aurea Suites (located on either side of the panoramic aft lifts) yield a larger living space, in addition to a larger veranda. If the deck plan is close to scale, I would presume these Aurea Suites would be closer to the 355SF, vs 302SF.

Edited by SDLong329

Tall-Cruiser,

When are you booked?

Has anyone heard from Mikesa lately? Hope he comes back to the thread.

Have a great evening everyone,

Gerry

The info on size of cabin was on my booking confirmtion and shown as square meters (Mq).

There is a slide-show on youtube of the cabin grades, if it helps:

https://youtu.be/NTgrrGEAdUo

It appears as though the video is merely a cut-n-paste of existing information with the same graphics as derived from MSC's website ... albeit ... the accompanying verbiage (class and size of stateroom) is missing.

• 3 weeks later...

Just been looking at the UK website and noticed a change in Category for the Suites with a whirlpool, they are now classed as Aurea SJ3 Whirlpool Suite (previous SE3) those are the ones on the angled forward and aft parts of the ship shown in Red.

The YC and Fantastica Suites show as sold out, the S3 Aurea still only show Deck 9 and non for the Aft.

Link to UK site shows New cabin renderings, the Aurea S3 is a Grand Suite 58 Sq Metre plus Deck 9 - 21 Sq M balcony., notice the small cubicle on the outside balcony.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seaside.aspx

Edited by sidari

Looks like the SE 3 are the Grand Suites Forward on Deck 11,12,13 and 14 and not those on Deck 9 or those on the Aft of the ship as I mentioned in my previous post. It would be helpful though if MSC would add which decks the renderings relate to.

YC Royal Suite approx 57 Sq metre with Balcony 33 Sq metre

YC Deluxe approx 21 Sq metre with Balcony

YC Inside from 21 Sq metre.

SE 3 Grand Suite Aurea 58 Sq metre with Balcony 21 Sq metre. Deck 11,12,13 and 14 forward.

SJ 3 Aurea Suite with Whirlpool Bath 35 Sq metre plus Balcony.

S3 Aurea and Fantastica Suite 28 to 33 Sq metre plus Balcony.

Balcony Bella, Fantastica, Wellness and Aurea from 14 Sq metre.

Ocean View Bella, Fantastica and Wellness 16 Sq metre.

Inside Bella, Fantastica and Wellness from 12 Sq metre.

Just been looking at the UK website and noticed a change in Category for the Suites with a whirlpool, they are now classed as Aurea SJ3 Whirlpool Suite (previous SE3) those are the ones on the angled forward and aft parts of the ship shown in Red.

The YC and Fantastica Suites show as sold out, the S3 Aurea still only show Deck 9 and non for the Aft.

Link to UK site shows New cabin renderings, the Aurea S3 is a Grand Suite 58 Sq Metre plus Deck 9 - 21 Sq M balcony., notice the small cubicle on the outside balcony.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seaside.aspx

Thanks so much for posting the update. Nice to see drawings finally attached with each category. And I agree - would be nice if they would just list the decks as well.

Thanks for posting Mike, did you see that there will be a Transatlantic? Had word from MSC today.

I have heard that in the new 2017-2018 brochure there is a mention of it. No mention wether or not booking would be open for this sailing yet though Sid.:)

Not open to bookings in UK as Yet but at least they have now said there will be one

Correct Sid,,,but has MSC ever sailed with passengers before being Christened?? They may make the exception with Seaside being Christened in Miami.:confused:

Previous ships have been christened in Genoa but no idea if any had sailed beforehand with passengers, have to wonder what has changed their mind after saying it would sail to Miami with just the crew onboard. Went to two local travel agents earlier to see if they had the 17/18 brochure, one said that non would be in print and only available on line!

Mike ... Did you take the photos yourself ?

With regard to christenings Preziosa and Opera were in Genoa others have taken place elsewhere, Divina in Marseille, Splendida in Barcelona, Fantasia in Naples,Magnifica in Hamburg, Poesia in Dover UK 1st ship to be christened outside of Italy.

Mike ... Did you take the photos yourself ?

With regard to christenings Preziosa and Opera were in Genoa others have taken place elsewhere, Divina in Marseille, Splendida in Barcelona, Fantasia in Naples,Magnifica in Hamburg, Poesia in Dover UK 1st ship to be christened outside of Italy.

No I did not Sid,,,they are from MSCFANS.it,,,,,Riclop has an insider though,,,hopefully he'll start getting some good pics!!!!

The Second Seaside ship began construction yesterday at the Fincantieri Sestri Ponte shipyard, the section when built will be taken to Monfalcone for final construction.

I heard this as well but wasn't sure if it was the 2nd Seaside ship being built in Genoa or just the blocks for the first Seaside ship which will then be transported to Monfalcone.

• 2 weeks later...