4 Adults in Epic Balcony Cabin?

patrickmoran

If they are anything like BA then way to small but if you just want a place to sleep and pack very light then maybe. If your looking for comfort and relaxation then don't do it. Oh and only 1 bathroom for 4 people.

The Epic was not my favorite ship but IMO it would be one of the better ones to fit four in a balcony cabin. It has LOTS of storage. We were only two but we had room left over storage wise. Also while I didn't care for the bathroom configuration I can see where it would be convenient for four. With the toilet and shower being separated it would be a plus in your case. And the balcony's a decent size. Way bigger than Breakaway class.

Unless they changed the bathroom design from a few years ago. You might get to know your friends better than ever before.

Please youtube videos of the room first.

We had a minsuite and the bathrooms had no privacy at all but being a family with 2 kids it wasn't a issue

Absolutely not. That would be miserable. People will say that you don't spend all that much time in your stateroom anyway but the time you spend there you want to enjoy, have some privacy and some quiet time. You aren't getting that with four adults in that type of room.

No way. Not enjoyable in the least.

We were on the Epic and would NOT recommend 4 adults, or even 2 adults and 2 kids, in one balcony stateroom. Get a connecting stateroom! One reason is the silly bathroom set up - you can see right through the glass shower, which is across the main doorway from the toilet and the sink is in the stateroom, not in a separate area. The only thing private was the toilet and it was a pretty small space. Whoever designed the bathroom facilities on the Epic obviously never used them. There is just not enough room for 4 adults to move around in one stateroom, yes it can be done but not comfortably. And you do spend more time in your stateroom (especially if you have a balcony) than some people say. IMHO.

There is a curtain separating the shower and toilet from the main area, by the way. If 3rd and 4th guests are close family or so, i wouldnt have a problem. It will depend on if you feel comfortable.

As for comments saying to get a connecting stateroom, i gotta love how easily that was said, not even as a suggestion - some people work hard just to book a cabin...

Keep in mind that you will hear every single bathroom noise. There isn't a door closing off the toilet - just a frosted glass sliding door thing, and also a curtain you can pull.

Watch this video, starting at the 1:30 min mark.

How comfy would we be? Enough storage space for clothes and suitcases? Great price (FREE) for 3rd & 4th passenger for 7 day Western Med cruise but ....:eek:

Considering that this is a Western Med cruise and you will be off the ship most days at 8am and not come back until 5 or 6pm and then be exhausted and only want dinner, a shower, maybe a show and bed, this could work for you. The bathrooms are as people have described. Not very private - and it's noisy because of the shower essentially being in the same room as the rest of the cabin and you can hear EVERYTHING from the toilet room. So keep these things in mind in making your decision.

2 of the beds would be the regular bed. One bed would be a twin on the pull out sofa (that only pulls out a few inches) and one bed would be a twin that drops down from the ceiling as a bunk over the sofa. It will be tight, but it is livable in order to be able to do a Med cruise so inexpensively.

The other thing that must be considered is that shore excursions in the Med are quite expensive - usually $150 or more per person for a day long excursion. So you will need to research each Med cruise and figure out the best way to do them. It is usually cheaper to do a private tour that you arrange yourself and then split the cost with others on your roll call. If you have a group of 6 - 8 it really helps and these excursions will be cheaper than the ship's excursion and move faster so you can see a lot more and of course, you can specifically focus on those things that you actually want to see and skip stuff you are not interested in, unlike a ship's tour which will move at the speed of the slowest person on the tour - usually someone on a walker.

There is a curtain separating the shower and toilet from the main area, by the way. If 3rd and 4th guests are close family or so, i wouldnt have a problem. It will depend on if you feel comfortable.

As for comments saying to get a connecting stateroom, i gotta love how easily that was said, not even as a suggestion - some people work hard just to book a cabin...

okay, let the OP find out for themselves and report back.

There is more than enough storage for the luggage. But it would be unpleasant for 4 adults to spend any time or sleep together. Even with two people, there is a sense of smallness. The sink is the size of a salad bowl. And the toilet and shower are semi-transparent. Even with a drawn curtain, I would feel a bit self-conscious if other people other than family was in the room.

Have been on the epic in a balcony room. If the only way I could cruise and share a cabin with 4 was if that was the only way I could cruise. If you are "really" close and comfortable with each other then go for it. That being said, it depends on your lifestyle and comfort level with each other. The bathroom situation is unique and there is a curtain to draw between the shower/bath area and bed area, the curtain and opaque bathroom doors do NOT inhibit sounds....Like I said you have to be really at ease with your cabin mates if you put 4 in the room.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Epic in May from Barcelona with 4 women in the same balcony cabin. It was myself my mom, stepmom and another friend. Yes the cabin is small and the bathroom layout is unique but I would rather spend the money on the great excursions and experiences we did in the Med. than the cabin. We left the cabin every day by 7:30 and didn't get back until 6 or so. With dinner and other fun things to do at night we really used it for sleeping. We had the couch and pull down bed and we made it work with 4 women that all needed makeup, showers and all the other crap that goes with being female :).

Yes it got cramped and we had to strategically move around the cabin but we made it work and enjoyed all of it!!! We certainly got to know each other with the bathroom situation but we are all adults and handled it.

I guess depending on who the 4 adults are in the cabin and how comfortable you are with each other, it CAN work. PLENTY of storage space. We all had one large suitcase and a couple of us had smaller carry ons and ALL luggage fit under the beds no problem.

Enjoy!!

Kellie

I know that its very tempting to book four in a cabin when the 3rd and 4th are free. We were on the Epic for our last cruise and it was my daughter and her husband and me (grandma) and 9 year old, all booked in a balcony. At the last minute, I booked studio for my self leaving the three of them in the balcony cabin. Boy, am I ever glad now that I did. I would have been miserable. It is very cramped and there is no room to move around whatsoever.

I would never put 4 adults in an Epic cabin! If you are over 5'7" you won't even fit on the sofa to sleep. The Epic is the only ship cabin I can actually say I hated and we had an aft suite with a connecting balcony. We have put 4 adults in an inside room on Carnival and that was 1000x more enjoyable than a balcony cabin on the Epic! Just my humble opinion!