I searched the CCL site and this is what it came up with

SHIPS

Carnival Breeze

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Glory

Carnival Imagination

Carnival Inspiration

Carnival Liberty

The new menus have been tweaked dramatically since they've been introduced. Everything from tablecloths to recipes to the physical menu has been changed. Need to look at a newer review, one from 2015.

The new menus have been tweaked dramatically since they've been introduced. Everything from tablecloths to recipes to the physical menu has been changed. Need to look at a newer review, one from 2015.

On the Glory, the tablecloth situation is exactly the same as it was upon inception of the American Table menu.

Which ships have the American Table menus.We are booking our first cruise, and don't want a ship with the new menus. Will any other ships get it before December?

Hi, we just got back Sunday from Carnival Liberty with American Table Menus, and all is well, no worries, I was concerned before the cruise too. I took photos of American menus, some food items etc. so feel free to ask. The old standbys of Shrimp Cocktail,Caesar salad are on every night. Plus can still request multiple appetizers,entrees,desserts etc. I even went rogue and requested the fruit plate every night as an appetizer (It is on dessert menu.) If you didn't kow an adult can also request items from the kids menu. No "family style serving anymore" teh only change was asst.waiter delivering a bread basket to table vs. serving a single piece. We found didn't care for fancy breads with olives,cheese etc. so requested baguettes for all meals- which they did after second night.

In my opinion, it is more important to choose a ship with the 2.0 food options. The burgers are a great option, but this cruise reaaaally loved the Blue Iguana for lunch -- the shrimp tacos are great, and open minded I tried the breakfast taco huevos rancheros (without eggs) and not liking spicy salsa fell in love with watermelon/jicama topping from salsa bar.

Any food questions feel free to ask, I have learned a lot from CC over the years and happy to help.

I hope to get menus scanned soon.

p.s. for those planning Steakhouse on Liberty, I would say "weakest" menu nights are Last night-Sat,Sun and Wed.

Hi, we just got back Sunday from Carnival Liberty with American Table Menus, and all is well, no worries, I was concerned before the cruise too. I took photos of American menus, some food items etc. so feel free to ask. The old standbys of Shrimp Cocktail,Caesar salad are on every night. Plus can still request multiple appetizers,entrees,desserts etc. I even went rogue and requested the fruit plate every night as an appetizer (It is on dessert menu.) If you didn't kow an adult can also request items from the kids menu. No "family style serving anymore" teh only change was asst.waiter delivering a bread basket to table vs. serving a single piece. We found didn't care for fancy breads with olives,cheese etc. so requested baguettes for all meals- which they did after second night.

In my opinion, it is more important to choose a ship with the 2.0 food options. The burgers are a great option, but this cruise reaaaally loved the Blue Iguana for lunch -- the shrimp tacos are great, and open minded I tried the breakfast taco huevos rancheros (without eggs) and not liking spicy salsa fell in love with watermelon/jicama topping from salsa bar.

Any food questions feel free to ask, I have learned a lot from CC over the years and happy to help.

p.s. for those planning Steakhouse on Liberty, I would say "weakest" menu nights are Last night-Sat,Sun and Wed.

How were the desserts? I looked at some online and they look like little variety compared to the old menus.

I've got 2 Halloween cruises booked, one with the old menu and one with the new. I'm glad they tweaked the American Table before we try it. Thanks for the info.

I'm honestly not trying to be a smarty pants with my question. I'm genuinely curious. If this will be your first cruise, how do you know you prefer the old menu over the new one??? If you are basing your dislike of the new menu on reviews and opinions, perhaps you shouldn't. Taste in food is too personal to lean on the preferences of others, imho. I've yet to order from the new menu, but I'm confident I can find just as many options I like as with the old menu. Anyway... just curious.

I'm honestly not trying to be a smarty pants with my question. I'm genuinely curious. If this will be your first cruise, how do you know you prefer the old menu over the new one??? If you are basing your dislike of the new menu on reviews and opinions, perhaps you shouldn't. Taste in food is too personal to lean on the preferences of others, imho. I've yet to order from the new menu, but I'm confident I can find just as many options I like as with the old menu. Anyway... just curious.

I was confident I could find something on the new menu too; unfortunately, other than soup and salad, I didn't find much that appealed to me. Soup and salad were what I ordered and enjoyed. I did eat some of whatever my husband ordered.

I'm very sorry to hear that. However, I'm still very confident I could find multiple options on the new menu that I would enjoy. Fortunately for me, I'm just not that finicky an eater. I'm sure there will be some - perhaps many - who find the new menu unpalatable, as personal preferences in food is so relative. As they say, "you can't please all the people, all the time." Since this menu will soon be fleet wide, I guess those folks will have to lean on the alternative food venues... or sail a different cruise line. Cruise lines have a tough time, I imagine, trying to cater to the tastes of 3,000+ people from different geographical locations in the U.S. and Canada, and a sizeable number of people from other parts of the globe. I suppose that's one of the reasons for all the other venues, like "Guy's," Italian, Mexican, Deli sandwiches, pizza, sushi, etc... Well, I'm rambling... and thinking "out loud," so I'll hang up and let others talk. :-)

I thought that John Heald said that they weren't rolling out the American Table to the entire fleet as they had originally said. I'm thinking that I heard it around the same time as all of the "dancing of the ships" that took place a couple of weeks ago.

Did anyone else read this or did I just dream it?

I was confident I could find something on the new menu too; unfortunately, other than soup and salad, I didn't find much that appealed to me. Soup and salad were what I ordered and enjoyed. I did eat some of whatever my husband ordered.

I'm a bit nervous about American Table, as I'm not sure I can find something every day- there is almost nothing on those menus I'm interested in eating, even appetizers :( But the two other menus I've sailed under (the current ones, and the ones before that) have always had nights there was nothing I wanted to eat either.

On the current menus I usually get Indian 4 or so nights, but after awhile, I don't want that anymore either...

I'm glad to see American Table has the Indian option every night. I will probably have to fall back on that a bit.

But, there is always pizza, or room service, so I certainly don't go hungry even if "dinner" is just a fruit plate.

Does anyone know what the child's menu is? I'd be happy just to get noodles with tomato sauce (but there is no way I'd order it on a night where it was with veal, because ordering without just means they toss it off the plate.)

Edited by skittl1321

My family just sailed with the new menus for the first time and we all agreed that there are less entree choices and we all had a difficult time finding something we liked. I would say at least 3 or 4 out of our 8 nights we only ordered appetizers and dessert. This was quite disappointing because we feel we are paying to have one nice sit-down meal a night and to not have options we enjoy is not OK. We will not be pushed out to a buffet or pizza when that is what we eat for breakfast and lunch. We will continue to go to a real dinner each night and wait for the next menu change and hope we get some good food back.

Really? What do you like? I'm genuinely curious. Each night generally has a pasta, a vegetarian dis, two types of beef, two types of fish, one or two styles of chicken. What is left?

Edited by momof3cruisers

It surprises me when someone says there is nothing on the menu they like. Nothing. Really? It's just hard to believe you can't find something. It may not wow me, but there is enough variety I can find something I like better than hitting the buffet.

Magic and Triumph(I think those were the 2 ships) are the only 2 ships that will get the American Table this year. The others ships were taken off the list for some reason.

Anyone have any idea why they changed course? They had previously planned on having it rolled out fleet wide by the end of the year.

I'm bummed. I loved the new menus last August on the Liberty and was hoping to have them on the Splendor in October.

Hi Guys.. I'm new to cruising and have my first one booked in August on the Dream. I'm also from Australia so I'm wondering... What is "American Table"? Is that a restaurant in the USA?? Does the Dream have this menu? Why do people think it's worse than the "old menu"? Less choice? I guess if you don't know the old menu you can't really compare it and not know any better... Unless Erican Table is a restaurant that you could be familiar with?? Sorry, I have no idea!

Hi Guys.. I'm new to cruising and have my first one booked in August on the Dream. I'm also from Australia so I'm wondering... What is "American Table"? Is that a restaurant in the USA?? Does the Dream have this menu? Why do people think it's worse than the "old menu"? Less choice? I guess if you don't know the old menu you can't really compare it and not know any better... Unless Erican Table is a restaurant that you could be familiar with?? Sorry, I have no idea!

It's just the name of the menus. American Table is the normal everyday menu and American Feast is elegant nights. There aren't any restaurants of the same name that I have ever heard of.

Some people think it's worse because they don't like change. There are a couple less choices on the menu each night, but I think it allows them to concentrate on the quality of the food, not the quantity of dishes presented. What a lot of the complainers fail to realize is that there are many things from the old menus on the new ones, maybe just with a different name. Plus they added the Port of Call food too which is neat.

There are still the stand by everyday selections available as well. I am about as picky of an eater as you will find and not once was there a night that I couldn't find one thing to eat. You will always have complainers no matter what but I think you will see that the majority of the people that have tried the newest version of the menus do like them.