tercar

I had to cancel a cruise due to a family bereavement and

Celebrity Customer Service were fantastic,

although I didn't get any points, to be honest that

was the last thing on my mind.

They let me rearrange the cruise and were very helpful

and understanding

A good result for you in spite of the circumstances.:D

Michael Bayley is no longer part of Celebrity......so not sure who received your email.

"I have sent Michael Bayley an email to question this"

Michael Bayley is no longer part of Celebrity......so not sure who received your email.

"I have sent Michael Bayley an email to question this"

Hi Lois, I wasnt aware that Michael Bayley was no longer with the company, but the address contactmichael@rccl.com is still active as I got a generated reply.

After hearing some of the comments on here, I am not expecting much in way of a reply.

I may have to go back and register my kids, to ensure they get the points, but not sure if I would be allowed to do this either now!

Perhaps the only rationale that would justify not awarding points, if the full fare is collected by Celebrity' is they also "calculate" the extra income received from a passenger(s) while on board. So with no on board purchases, the cruise line feels as if they lost revenue.

I don't agree with this position (since there are people who cruise and spend nothing on board) but it seems the only arguable excuse the line has.

Ian, we have booked and paid for at least 75 other people (family and friends) and have never received credit for anyone other than ourselves.

It is always possible to go back and receive credit for cruises as long as they are signed up in the Captain's Club and you have proof of the cruise.

Edited by Ma Bell

Ian, we have booked and paid for at least 75 other people (family and friends) and have never received credit for anyone other than ourselves.

It is always possible to go back and receive credit for cruises as long as they are signed up in the Captain's Club and you have proof of the cruise.

Ma Bell, Thank you very much for the advice.

I spoke to the CC on Friday, and it was basically them that gave me hope to reclaim these "lost points". I was advised that this was brought up to the CEO in the last few months, with the promise to look into this again.

Anyway, I can see I am not alone in not recieving these "additional points" and I guess i will just have to carry on cruising.

It must be the "tight Scotsman" in me that dared me to ask in the first place lol.

Ma Bell, Thank you very much for the advice.

I spoke to the CC on Friday, and it was basically them that gave me hope to reclaim these "lost points". I was advised that this was brought up to the CEO in the last few months, with the promise to look into this again.

Anyway, I can see I am not alone in not recieving these "additional points" and I guess i will just have to carry on cruising.

It must be the "tight Scotsman" in me that dared me to ask in the first place lol.

As someone else reported, make sure those people who cruised save their cards and get the points put on their own accounts. All they need to do is set up a Celebrity account and have those points credited to them. Also, now anyone under 18 cannot have an account and a separate CC number but once they turn 18, they can be credited with all cruises taken prior to turning 18 as long as you can prove you were on board.

As someone else reported, make sure those people who cruised save their cards and get the points put on their own accounts. All they need to do is set up a Celebrity account and have those points credited to them. Also, now anyone under 18 cannot have an account and a separate CC number but once they turn 18, they can be credited with all cruises taken prior to turning 18 as long as you can prove you were on board.

Don, that's really handy to know. Both my young ones are still 17yo, so I will ensure they are set up prior to next year's summer cruise.

As for the 2 x 21yo, I will ensure to chase these up, as I still have all my booking references for the last 8 years.

Don, that's really handy to know. Both my young ones are still 17yo, so I will ensure they are set up prior to next year's summer cruise.

As for the 2 x 21yo, I will ensure to chase these up, as I still have all my booking references for the last 8 years.

Just as an FYI, they can be a real pain in the butt with proof, I'm still trying to get my son credited with a Bermuda cruise in 94, we don't have the sailing card but I've sent pictures,etc.

Just as an FYI, they can be a real pain in the butt with proof, I'm still trying to get my son credited with a Bermuda cruise in 94, we don't have the sailing card but I've sent pictures,etc.

LOL, good luck.

I am not in the habit or the financial position to buy cruises which I don't take or give away, this was heartbreaking for my granddaughter as it was her only holiday this year. Because of my honesty I informed my travel

insurers of my fathers illness, this then made my insurance void. I am elite and yes the points would have helped me to elite+ some folks may like to try and swindle others, however I am not one of them thank you

Why would fthr's illness void insurance? Pre existing illness? Did you file a claim? Not knowing your policy..but just wondering......

We had pvt ins for air and cruise in Europe...we had to cancel after final payment...adult fam member diagnosed w illness requiring surgery and our help with aftercare...it was covered once they understood it was not a known pre existing issue,

good luck getting some credit from the cruiseline but I do not think you will get the points.

Why would fthr's illness void insurance? Pre existing illness? Did you file a claim? Not knowing your policy..but just wondering......

We had pvt ins for air and cruise in Europe...we had to cancel after final payment...adult fam member diagnosed w illness requiring surgery and our help with aftercare...it was covered once they understood it was not a known pre existing issue,

good luck getting some credit from the cruiseline but I do not think you will get the points.

It was an acute illness and at the time I didn't know whether he would pull through. I rang travel agent because I was wanting to know how I stood if I didn't go and he did pull through. I was thinking they maybe wouldn't justify claims for any illness, let's face it the companies would be bankrupt. Because of my honesty the Travel insurance company told me because I was aware of illness and if I decided to travel...which I did my insurance would be void. I can't make sense of it really because if I didn't go I was covered I did take a flight and use the hotel over night which I agree I should not be covered, however I think they should cover me for the rest of the vacation. Can't get my head around it all to be honest Carol

Guys, Thanks for the emails, and I understand the poilicy (since Friday). My point was in my opinion how is it fair that booking a room for 11 - 17 kids, in which it was obviously myself and not the kids paying for this room, do I not get the points.

I reluctantly agree with you all, but I disagree with the current policy.

My daughter has been cruising with us since she was 5 years old. I signed her up then with the Captain" Club. She now has the same status as us- Elite Plus.

She is 29 and is very much glad to enjoy the perks when she cruises.

Same here, our DD has been sailing on Celebrity sine she was 9 in 1994 under her own CC # and getting credit for her own sailings. The sailor gets credit for the time.

ps: Capt Club was missing one of her sailings, and luck would have it we still had the sea pass card. Made a copy nad faxed it in. They gave her the missing points.

EW

Edited by wallie5446