Constellation dress code

MarielH

We are sailing next week having booked rather late because of circumstances - just wondered if there are many formal nights in an 11 day cruise? Also if you can chose your table size - prefer a table for two as a special anniversary.

We are sailing next week having booked rather late because of circumstances - just wondered if there are many formal nights in an 11 day cruise? Also if you can chose your table size - prefer a table for two as a special anniversary.

They should ask dining preferences including table sze when you do your cruise personaliser.

However no guarantee you will get what you request.

Formal nights are very popular. Some of the ladies wear the most wonderfull dresses.

All the stops are pulled out.

However, you don't have to go. You can eat in the buffet or on your balcony with room service.

More and more people seem to be dumping the dress suit (not the dresses! ) to leave more room in the case if they have restricted weight.

We ate in Blu so never went into the MDR so can't help you there about tables but on Silhouette we had a table for two which was virtually attatched to our neighbours. People go early once onboard to ask the maitre d' if they can be alone.

Enjoy yourselves. Go to Cafe al Bacio and have a mudslide for me.

Thanks so much that's helpful. After a stressful three weeks of getting a new kitchen fitted - we just want to relax and not worry about what we wear!

You can also eat in all the Specialty restaurants without dressing formal.

We were on the Constellation repositioning cruise in April, 2015. We are 3* HAL Mariners and the repositioning was our first Celebrity cruise. On HAL ships we usually eat in the Lido buffet at dinner because they serve almost the same menu as the MDR. This was not the case for the Constellation. The dinner buffet on the Constellation was consistently disappointing, so we wound up eating in the MDR (we had anytime dining). On formal nights my wife would wear a nice top with dark skirt, while I wore my blazer and tie. There were people who were dressed to the "nines", but we did not feel out of place.

Ooh 3 is quite a lot Jelayne!
We just got back a week ago. 3 formal nights on Constellation 12 night cruise. The cruise was Rome to Venice. We went with family and friends (nine people) and had Select Dining same table every night. We wore the same cloths on all 3 formal nights (male and female). We wont see most of these people on a cruise ever again.

I just got off of the Silhouette for a 12 night cruise.

We never did dress up for the formal nights. Most of the guys didn't even pack blazers, I had a dress, but others in our party didn't. On formal nights, we ate at the specialty restaurants and had simply fantastic meals.

One black dress and different jewellery or wraps are sufficient or last time on me we went to the buffet and ate outside there was just us and a dozen officers out there. It was lovely

Edited by Tiggertastic