Sailing on Allure to W Med July 12th...a few ??

Hello - my family of 4 will be on the July 12th sailing out of BCN. A few questions for anyone with information...

1) Hotel rec in Barcelona. We would like to be centrally located for a few days at the end of the trip. Anyone have any recs for family friendly hotel that won't break the bank :)

2) Keeping track of teens onboard - My husband will have international calling/data plan from his work but we kind of want everyone to unplug while on this trip so aren't planning to get anyone else the wi-fi plan. I anticipate my teen daughter being on her own a little (even if just in her room reading/chilling out) and would love to be able to text her. Has anyone rented the onboard phones I have heard about ? Do they work?

3) Wine on board - I know you can bring 2 bottle per cabin. When we booked, we put my husband and I together and kids in an interior balcony. Does anyone know if we can therefore bring 4 bottles since we have 2 cabins?

4) Valuables & cash in port cities - I have read all the boards and understand the dangers. I got my husband one of those little wallets that he can wear under his shirt with our money (we need to carry large amounts of euros for the private guides in Rome and Naples). My DH said he will be fine with wallet in front pocket. Anyone have good experience with that?

I think that is it for now - we are getting excited! Thanks!

1. If you are looking for a single family room you might try the Best Western Premier Hotel Dante and the Silken Gran Hotel Havana, both in the Eixample district, which is my favorite. The Catalonia Rambla also has family rooms. As family rooms are expensive at times, booking two rooms will open up many options. There are several 'Apart-hotels' as well.

2. I will leave to an expert.

3. Yes. 4 bottles. Easy to find in center of city at supermarkets or in more expensive limited shop at cruise terminal.

4. While you do want to be diligent and aware, you do not need to panic. Crime is limited and a nuisance. Families are not key target as too many eyes.

Just be smart and you will be fine.

Before our Med cruise, we also read about crime, etc. We had zero problem. It was a wonderful cruise and I felt just as safe there as I would in any US city. The only thing that I would say is to be firm with the men who prowl around the Spanish steps in Rome. They try to push their roses onto you and then demand money even though you politely say no. They are very persistent and annoying! Otherwise, that was a wonderful cruise with fantastic ports.

2. I haven´t heard whether those WOW Phones are still around for a while. I won´t rely on that!

3. I´d say: only 2 bottles! One bottle per adult!!

4. Use common sense! Don´t wear any jewelry/watches which "cry" "rob me". Wear your bag crosswise over your shoulder and to the side of the boardwalk where the houses are (not the street faced side). Keep your hand on your bag. Men should wear a wallet in their front pocket of the trousers. Keep your hands close! As soon as people are trying to "round you up" start to shout out (doesn´t matter what you´re saying, just get loud). Pretty common are kids rounding you up, adults asking for the way (and covering you up with a map or newspaper), adults spreading something on your clothes (drink, mustard, ketchup whatever) and then "trying" to help you to clean you up.

steamboats

Just some info about the bottles of wine. It is 2 bottles per stateroom IF you have an adult in the stateroom. Since you only have one room with adults in you are really only entitled to 2 bottles.

However, when we boarded Allure a couple of weeks ago they were only checking the bags for wine and making a note of the stateroom before check-in. Once you are checked in there is a shop selling wine where we picked up our wine and there was no-one onboard checking the bags (which I have known before in Barcelona).

Regarding the hotel, We have stayed at Crown Plaza Hotel.

The hotel was very good with very large room (the largest at Barcelona).

Our kids love the room as we had very big smart TV in the room and there was a lot of space.

The hotel is near Espania Plaza and near the magic fountain,

We certainly will back to this hotel at our next visit in Barcelona.

Hello - my family of 4 will be on the July 12th sailing out of BCN. A few questions for anyone with information...

1) Hotel rec in Barcelona. We would like to be centrally located for a few days at the end of the trip. Anyone have any recs for family friendly hotel that won't break the bank :)

2) Keeping track of teens onboard - My husband will have international calling/data plan from his work but we kind of want everyone to unplug while on this trip so aren't planning to get anyone else the wi-fi plan. I anticipate my teen daughter being on her own a little (even if just in her room reading/chilling out) and would love to be able to text her. Has anyone rented the onboard phones I have heard about ? Do they work?

3) Wine on board - I know you can bring 2 bottle per cabin. When we booked, we put my husband and I together and kids in an interior balcony. Does anyone know if we can therefore bring 4 bottles since we have 2 cabins?

4) Valuables & cash in port cities - I have read all the boards and understand the dangers. I got my husband one of those little wallets that he can wear under his shirt with our money (we need to carry large amounts of euros for the private guides in Rome and Naples). My DH said he will be fine with wallet in front pocket. Anyone have good experience with that?

I think that is it for now - we are getting excited! Thanks!

I would not trust a wallet in front pocket for the large chunk of your cash. Those thieves are very good. The undershirt carrier is better.

Technically minors can't carry wine onboard so their cabin wouldn't count, but we didn't have any problems with wine at embarkation. They just ask for cabin numbers and I think it would be reasnable for you to say your have 2 cabins