Jost Van Dyke shore excursion

IWORK2CRUISE

On 6/30/2015 at 4:49 PM, Arzeena said:

The last time I went to Tortola, I saw the Rebel Yell pulling up to the dock for this excursion and dropping off at the dock as well..... I have not been on this excursion, but the cat and her crew seemed great and I am thinking of going the next time.

There is no dock at Jost Van Dyke.

They succeed in getting into waist deep water or shallower most of the time.  If they can't, they have floats and will assist non-swimmers to shore as will anyone else on the boat who is a strong swimmer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chesneygirl said:

We love JVD! 

We did the Rebel Yell excursion with Captain Claudia. She drops you off knee deep in the water. It's one of our favorite excursions.  We've done it many times and it never gets old! 

Captain Claudia was great! Very knowledgeable!

We just got off the Breakaway. I will say the Rebel was great . Staff was great, Beach was great, Soggy Dollar wonderful. Wife had 4 pain killers, I had 4 Bushwackers AKA Soggy Dog and bought a 5th for a friend. Bar tab was 98 dollars. OMG yes but had the time of my life. Wish I had more time there. Calm seas pulled up to the shore no swimming . I recommend and will go there again. Beautiful place and that was not the alcohol talking 

GOPR3018.JPG

GOPR3026.JPG

GOPR3017.JPG

GOPR2794.JPG

GOPR3039.JPG

GOPR3005.JPG

GOPR3023.JPG

GOPR2822.JPG

GOPR2858.JPG

GOPR3040.JPG

GOPR3050.JPG

GOPR3048.JPG

GOPR2867.JPG

G0012813.JPG

G0022853.JPG

G0052958.JPG

I'm booked on this excursion for my Jan. 19th Encore sailing and we're pretty excited for it. All the reviews seem positive and we love a pretty beach.

My wife, daughter and I chose the early time slot, 8:15, which might not be the best from a temp standpoint in January but that's what we're doing.

It'll get us to the beach around 9am with an approximate departure time of 12:30.

My daughter likes the idea of getting back to the ship earlier to enjoy a little less crowded pool area.

I just do as I'm told.  Lol!!

15 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

There is no dock at Jost Van Dyke.

They succeed in getting into waist deep water or shallower most of the time.  If they can't, they have floats and will assist non-swimmers to shore as will anyone else on the boat who is a strong swimmer.

Of course there is no dock at JVD. Cannot dispute that!

The "dock" in question was the Tortola pier where the boat was picking up and dropping off the passengers, not JVD. (2015 post). Sorry if if it sounded otherwise.

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Of course there is no dock at JVD. Cannot dispute that!

The "dock" in question was the Tortola pier where the boat was picking up and dropping off the passengers, not JVD. (2015 post). Sorry if if it sounded otherwise.

ah sorry I saw it mixed in with discussions of how deep the water would be and wanted to make sure nobody would think they could use a dock instead!

• Like 1