new silver muse

zqtchas

Referring back to the original thread, on the pros and cons of sailing on a maiden voyage, it was nice to hear from you Victoria and we would love to sail with you two again.

Thinking outside the box, the ship is debuting in April 2017, presumably therefore sailing from Civitavecchia. It is roughly around the time for TA's, so it is feasible this could well be her itinerary. The potential risk of "snagging" however remains, which could be disruptive - think of the boutiques renewal whilst sailing! As you know, despite the amount of years spent cruising, like you, surprisingly we still have so many places to visit left on our bucket list, and would not consider booking "blind" as the itinerary is usually the main criteria for us when deciding on which cruise next.

Don't know whether we told you or not, we are finally doing the Amazon -(any tips gratefully received), in November and I understand that the itineraries will be available by then. As the fare will now be totally all inclusive with shorexes and Wi-Fi, any savings will be gratefully received - assuming they will give 5% discount for onboard booking?! So we will sit on the fence for the time being!!

Hope you both ok, and regards to Bob

Master Echo (Jo)

OK, OK. I know you are all waiting for me to join.

I am in! Just talked to my TA and I will be attempting to join the Maiden Cruise of the Silversea Muse.

I had the pleasure of cruising with many of you on the Spirit's Atlantic Crossing in November of 2013. It was the best cruise of our lives. I don't want to bring anyone down, but my husband, Alan, passed away the following May of pancreatic cancer. I am holding my chin up and trying to carry on the cruising tradition.

I would love to see you all again. I am doing my first (of hopefully many) solo cruise on the Spirit on August 19th out of Istanbul. Let me know what the group is doing between now and the Muse debut and I will be there with bells on. Probably other clothes too, but lots of bells.....

Willa

I so admire your bravery, and am very sorry for your loss. We'll look forward to meeting you. In my experience SS sailors seem to make special efforts to look out for eachother. The Muse Inaugural will be filled up with enthusiastic regulars, and I bet you'll recognize a lot of us.

We were on the Spirit's Inaugural too, and on the pre inaugural from Barcelona to Lisbon..roughest segment we've ever been on. We found out, first hand how well the Spirit handles big seas and heavy winds. Let's hope we'll have a much smoother crossing, but, no matter what, it'll be great fun!

Thank you Duct Tape and CruisinPashmina for your good wishes. I was impressed by how Silversea handled singles cruisers before, even though I didn't think I would need to avail myself of those services. I experienced everyone having a great time regardless of couple status and so as I look to try vacationing on my own, Silversea seemed a natural choice.

I appreciate your support and look forward to meeting you soon!

Willa

Double tapping here--posted this information on the Muse Maiden Roll call but wanted also to post in this Muse News thread.

Thanks to Spinnaker2/Candy & Larry's sharp eye's (today, Candy mentioned to me that she thought they cut the steel for the Muse--indicating that the Muse build process is beginning). Searched the Muse Maiden news and found TravelPulse had the most complete news story on the Muse Steel Cutting. Pls see below:

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/crui...-flagship.html

Enjoyed so many wonderful cruises on our favourite Cloud & Wind since they were born in mid 90's.Perhaps we should retire from SS when they are retired from the SS fleet as we really don't like the trend towards large ships although the economics of the decisions are understood in the competitive cruising world today.Anyone know the dates for the small ships demise?

And...it FEELS like we are going to lose The Cloud and The Wind. Any one else feel uneasy? And sad?

Not really, I appreciate that there are many out there with fond memories of the Cloud in her pomp, but she is becoming increasing costly to maintain. And lets be honest, she is not being maintained properly now.

We mostly loved (best itinerary) our 18 days on the Cloud two years ago (London to London). Speaking of the Silver Muse, have found in the past that sometimes the shipyard that builds the ship (in the Muse case, Fincantieri) often produces detailed press releases--fyi:

https://www.fincantieri.it/cms/data/browse/news/000668.aspx

We mostly loved (best itinerary) our 18 days on the Cloud two years ago (London to London). Speaking of the Silver Muse, have found in the past that sometimes the shipyard that builds the ship (in the Muse case, Fincantieri) often produces detailed press releases--fyi:

https://www.fincantieri.it/cms/data/browse/news/000668.aspx

Thanks for keeping us up to date with all things Muse, Wes.

One of those websites also mentioned that Slversea is moving its U.S. headquarters to Miami. Does this mean that the cruises will also dock there rather than FLL ? I hope not.

Not sure that any specific reason has been given for the change, but a number of the long serving FLL office staff will not be moving because of the bad commute.

Mr. Silver, pls see link below for SS's press release announcing the Miami move last Thursday. Key words: "Miami is recognized in the cruise industry as being the 'cruise capital' of the world. So we're pleased to have found a building in the heart of the city that reflects the best of our brand and is able to meet our current and future expansion needs. Of course, as a LEED Gold-certified sustainable office building, our new location will provide a healthy, productive and beautiful work environment for our employees in what has become a truly vibrant, world-class city."

http://www.silversea.com/media/press-releases/silversea-cruises-americas-office-is-relocating-to-miami/