new silver muse

zqtchas

Great news Spinnaker2/Candy & Larry--so glad y'all r joining us too.

Candy, many of us do not read the water cooler thread.

You're precisely right will be a terrific SS voyage. Once we learn what the Muse Maiden itinerary will be (i.e. embarkation port) will post suggestions/options for the Pre cruise hotel so for those Maiden SS CCr's that want--we can begin our Maiden bonding a day or two prior to boarding the Muse. During the Jan 2010 Spirit Maiden crossing, we had about 25 Maiden Spirit CCr's staying at the Marriott in Lisbon (embarkation port of the Spirit Maiden crossing) and we turbo charged our bonding--a dozen of us forged very close/enduring friendships starting at our initial gathering at the Lisbon Marriott bar, then followed throughout the voyage, Ida and I have taken multiple SS cruises with many of these maiden Spirit crossing sailors since.

Doug, hope Lynn and you do join us--itinerary will be secondary to the wonderful relationships we form digitally here, during pre cruise stay and on board--as you both well know. Dieter/Debbie and Ida/I are expecting you to sail with us :)

Silver Muse Maiden Roll Call update:

Cashipman/Craig & Wil

Dusababy/Mary Ann

Emtsbam/Victoria & Bob

Karaoke Queen

ScottToronto/Scott & Jay

spinnaker2/Candy & Larry

TotheSunset

Wellseasoned/Dieter & Debbie

WesW/Ida & Wes

Edited by WesW

Welcome to our Muse Maiden cruise roll call Joy and Tom.

Am starting a separate Muse Maiden roll call thread on these boards. Once Laura, Community Manager for CC has CC's IT folks add the Muse to the SS roll call threads, am sure Dan will move our Muse Maiden roll call.

CruisinPashmina--done, added y'all to the Roll Call thread on the SS main boards for now, until Host Dan moves it to a newly created SS Muse roll call thread. We echo your passionate words--we would not want to miss this new SS experience too.

ZgtChas/Charles; Welcome to the Muse Maiden--have taken the liberty to add you to our

Muse Maiden roll call on the SS main board for now until Host Dan moves to newly created SS Muse roll call thread.

• 2 weeks later...
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=73868795

Not for nuthin' but I suggested "Silver Muse" as a name for a newbuild back in 2005!!

oh .....dear .... you are a bit confused. That thread was for Silver Spirit ..... which in fact I named. :p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=5381753&postcount=7

Silver Moon

(from Mrs UK1)

Silver Rinse

Silver Spirit

(Mr uk1)

You were only one ship out. :)

duct tape, thanks for the heads up on veracity of our Muse Maiden roll call--this is very peculiar. EnglishUSA asked me last week what happened to bettywh, so I added her back and EnglishUSA/David was already on. They are both now on..and his posts asking about her have been deleted.

In any case will try to resurrect from memory who is on the Muse Maiden roll call below. If I have left your name off, please post and will soonest put it back on:

bettywh/betty

Cashipman/Craig & Wil

duct tape/Mr. & Mrs. duct tape

Dusababy/Mary Ann

Emtsbam/Victoria & Bob

EnglishUSA/David

Mrset245/Gene & Lucille

Karaoke Queen

ScottToronto/Scott & Jay

spinnaker2/Candy & Larry

TotheSunset/Kim & Jeremy

WesW/Ida & Wes

Charles, am @ our senior center (tai chi class) will add you to our Muse Maiden roll call when I return home in a few hours. Thanks for the gentle reminder...r/wes

Thanks very much Mysty for clearing up the missing CCr/s on our roll call. Have updated the principal Muse Maiden 2017 roll call below, but will include the update here too. Hopefully, Cruise Critic will soon move our Muse Maiden roll call to the Sivlersea roll call threads.

Badgerdee

Bettywh/Betty

Cashipman/Craig & Wil

CruisinPashmina;

ducttape/Mr. and Mrs. duct tape

Dusababy/Mary Ann

Emtsbam/Victoria & Bob

EnglishUSA/David

Focused1/Joy and Tom

Karaoke Queen

mrset425/Gene & Lucille

ScottToronto/Scott & Jay

Silver Sweethearts

spinnaker2/Candy & Larry

TotheSunset/Kim & Jeremy

WesW/Ida & Wes

Zgtchas/Charles

Gourmet Gal, we did not get any special items marking the maiden Spirit crossing we took in Jan 2010. However, at the end of the next voyage for the Spirit, SS had a very nice Christening ceremony @ Port Everglades (FLL)--we (along with dougburns) did get an invitation to attend--but we could not make it.

So, there maybe an opportunity to attend the Muse Christening ceremony shortly after the Muse Maiden (i.e., booking a b2b (back to back)).

Hope y'all decide to book the Muse Maiden and join our CC Muse Maiden group :)

We did the back to back after the maiden Spirit crossing. All those not doing that next cruise and not specially invited for the christening disembarked in FLL. There was a special dinner for in-transits in La Terrazza. The next day, about 100 passengers doing the whole 91 day grand inaugural cruise beginning in FLL embarked, and there was a formal dinner. The morning after that was the very nice christening ceremony followed by a pool deck reception. Then the dignitaries and extras left and the regular passengers for the next cruise boarded, and the ship sailed from FLL. Those two nights in FLL after the crossing and including the christening were actually labelled as a separate cruise.

It is surprising how little hard information about the new ship has appeared in the public domain.

Our understanding is that there will not be one single dining room, but six separate dining venues. In line with industry trends, the top-end suites, will be considerably larger than those on existing SS ships. The name and godmother, together with the ship's configuration, have been settled for months, and outside influence on these plans has been fruitless for some time. This includes the wish of some SS regulars for another small ship, but again the industry trend amongst the six star lines has been to both increase the number of passengers, and also increase the tonnage to passenger ratio.

Having been cruising since 1964, my experience and those of many other seasoned cruisers, is to steer well clear of maiden voyages and those straight out of dry dock, unless you potentially wish to share your cruise with a team of carpenters, plumbers, electricians and carpet fitters and also the inexperience of the crew in delivering SS standards. This has applied to SS ships as well as those of other lines, although it does not mean it always happens. It does seem though, that with such a large group of CC regulars onboard, any vicissitudes will appear trivial whilst enjoying a jolly time.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Jo - I agree that maiden voyages can be troublesome at best, but we are still game for the experience given the number of friends who will be on board. I like to think that we can roll with the punches and have fun no matter what the circumstances. Why don't you and David reconsider and join the fun! We would love to travel with you both again.

Edited by Emtbsam

oh .....dear .... you are a bit confused. That thread was for Silver Spirit ..... which in fact I named. :p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=5381753&postcount=7

You were only one ship out. :)

I would say that Messrs Rolls and Royce beat your choice of "Silver Spirit" by a good 25 years. My name of "Silver Muse" is more original and came to fruition. :D

I would say that Messrs Rolls and Royce beat your choice of "Silver Spirit" by a good 25 years. My name of "Silver Muse" is more original and came to fruition. :D

Yes but I stick by my first choice of Silver Rinse, which I think many of the ladies would agree makes it feel much more homely and gets them back to their roots.

:D