Proposal ideas on Navigator of the Sea

R00kie

I plan on proposing to my girlfriend during our upcoming 7-day cruise in September. This will be the first cruise for both of us and we really don't know what to expect. I read an older thread about proposal ideas for this same ship but I've been told that this ship has been completely renovated since then. Are there any new features on this specific ship that would be good for a proposal? I do plan on popping the question on either the first day of departure or the following day. I'm not really interested in going on a stage at the theater but I don't mind a public setting (and she wouldn't either) if that makes sense lol. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Do you really want some stranger on an internet forum to orchestrate your proposal? We don't know your intended. :eek: We have no idea what she likes, what would embarrass her and maybe a private proposal from you might be more welcome? I would have been mortified but that is just me, maybe?

Do you really want some stranger on an internet forum to orchestrate your proposal? We don't know your intended. :eek: We have no idea what she likes, what would embarrass her and maybe a private proposal from you might be more welcome? I would have been mortified but that is just me, maybe?

With all due respect, I'm not asking anyone to plan it for me. I'm asking for suggestions and ideas from people that have been on the ship after its renovations. I have enough sense to not let anonymous people from a message board plan an event like this for me.

How about the lighted bridge at the entrance to the Promenade. And on formal night, the first of which will be your first sea day, there will be a photographer there and you could have a great picture if you time it right.

With all due respect, I'm not asking anyone to plan it for me. I'm asking for suggestions and ideas from people that have been on the ship after its renovations. I have enough sense to not let anonymous people from a message board plan an event like this for me.

don't let one bad apple run ya off. someone didn't read your post entirely and see that she wouldn't necessarily mind a public setting either. seems like it is something ya'll have talked about a bit already so the chances of it going the wrong way seem slim.

on a side note, try searching for proposal and navigator either in the royal Caribbean forum or this one. otherwise, check out some of the reviews people have done on the ship and see what pictures of locations you like.

I plan on proposing to my girlfriend during our upcoming 7-day cruise in September. This will be the first cruise for both of us and we really don't know what to expect. I read an older thread about proposal ideas for this same ship but I've been told that this ship has been completely renovated since then. Are there any new features on this specific ship that would be good for a proposal? I do plan on popping the question on either the first day of departure or the following day. I'm not really interested in going on a stage at the theater but I don't mind a public setting (and she wouldn't either) if that makes sense lol. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not going to suggest a location for you, but be 100% sure that she is going to say yes before you consider doing this on a ship. If she says no then you two are stuck together in what will probably be a very uncomfortable situation for a week.

Maybe better to wait until the last night instead fo the first.

Ignore the curmudgeonly posters cautioning against rejection. Presumably you know your future bride better than they do. :)

There are a few threads I've read with some great ideas for proposals. Here are a few ideas I thought were lovely.

Romantic and understated:

Way back in 1994 on the Sovereign of the Seas: on the first formal night, while our table was having dessert the strolling guitar combo surrounded us and began playing "I Can't Help Falling in Love With You." Right across from me the gentleman took out a ring and placed it on the finger of his fiancee. The rest of us had assumed they were already married! He later confided in me that they had been together for years, and he had spoken with her parents who very much approved of his preference to make it official while on vacation without the rest of the family.

And this one:

Last year on Princess the assistant Cruise director was on deck talking with people. He went up to a lady just siting there and started chatting with her. Her asked who she was traveling with and she said "David'. He asked where he was, she said she wasn't sure so he started calling 'David', where are you? Come here'. David came down from the deck I was on. The ACD asked him a question or tow then handed him the mike. I said to my self, he's going to propose so got my camera ready. He got down on pone knee asked her to marry him and handed up a ring in its box. I got a picture of that then them hugging!

He didn't tell anyone he was going to do this and I was the only person who took their picture. I had an 8x10 copy made of the proposal and a 4x6 of the hugging and gave to them. It was emotional for all of us!

I have also seen proposals in the dining room during dinner. The maître'd has a mike and sort of walks around and stops at a table and after a few words hands the mike to the guy who then proposes. This is what you may want to do if all the family is at the table and/or a right 'next' door table. Have ship's photographer there to take pictures! They wander around the dining room each night.

Or this:

There's private and romantic, on the deck in the moonlight.

Public and announced, at dinner or a production show.

Or just plain silly. During the deck party, when everyone was doing line dances, the CD pulled a couple up to demonstrate. He then signaled the DJ, who played 'If you like it, put a ring on it!' and handed the mike to the guy. Groom-to-be shouted "I like it! And I'm puttin' a ring on it!" Then dropped to his knee with the ring box.

The crowd went WILD. People bought them drinks all week long.

Have a great time planning and do come back to tell us how it went!

Wow, rough crowd. :( So anyone who voices an opinion contrary to popular one is a curmudgeon and a bad apple? Sad.

OP, congratulations on your upcoming proposal. Perhaps you might propose on the first Formal Night; there are photographers set up around the ship who will take your formal portrait, and if you have a word with them beforehand and then ask on bended knee, you will get her reaction on film for posterity. AND a bonus is you can see the photos before you buy them and only pay for the ones you love and want. :)

Additionally, you may hear that the helipad on the bow of the ship is a romantic place at night, but I would disagree as it is absolutely pitch dark out there - it has to be for the bridge's instruments at night - umm, if she is anything like most women, she will want to see the bling bling! :D

All the best.

Wow, rough crowd. :( So anyone who voices an opinion contrary to popular one is a curmudgeon and a bad apple?

Not at all. But the OP has already stated his intent and is asking for suggestions. If one's suggestion is to "not do it", well, not that helpful. He's not asking for a critique of his idea.

But I did like your formal night suggestion. :)

OP, congratulations on your upcoming proposal. Perhaps you might propose on the first Formal Night; there are photographers set up around the ship who will take your formal portrait, and if you have a word with them beforehand and then ask on bended knee, you will get her reaction on film for posterity. AND a bonus is you can see the photos before you buy them and only pay for the ones you love and want. :)

I love going back to the place every now and again where DH popped the question. May I suggest one of your port stops as the place where you propose? Do some research over on the ports of call boards and choose a place that you could picture you and your significant other at on this trip and periodically from time to time. All the best :)

Speak with the Cruise Director and work out something so you can do it right before the Love and Marriage Show.

I won't get you on the show...but it seems like it would be well received by everyone in attendance.

Which week will you be on the Navigator? We will be on 9/6...I would love to be there to take pictures for you!

Which week will you be on the Navigator? We will be on 9/6...I would love to be there to take pictures for you!

Thank you so much for offering, that's really nice of you but unfortunately our cruise leaves on the 20th of September.

Edited by R00kie

Thank you so much for offering, that's really nice of you but unfortunately our cruise leaves on the 20th of September.

OP, thanks for coming back to this thread. I see you haven't posted in your Roll Call yet - I can guarantee you, someone there will help you out with pictures or anything else you might need. Here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2060525 <--your Roll Call Sept 20

How about proposing under the stars; hopefully there will be stars. You can go to the front of the ship where the helipad is late at night when there where either be one or two people there or no one at all.

Congratulations on your upcoming engagement. Remember your cabin number since I think it would be nice to get the same cabin for one of your anniversaries.

How about proposing under the stars; hopefully there will be stars. You can go to the front of the ship where the helipad is late at night when there where either be one or two people there or no one at all.

Yes, this was mentioned before but I don't know that people realize that it is absolutely pitch dark on the helipad at night. I mean, total blackness, I've-tripped-on-the-stairs blackness. :o Plus if there is a ring, a girl wants to be able to see it. :D