price of Celebrity Reflection?

bubbadogmom

I am no cruise master by any means - but I love researching and price checking and have been cruising for about 8 years.

Is it just me, or does it seem that the prices on Celebrity (specifically Reflection) have gone through the roof?

I have been watching closely the last 6 months and they have not gone down at all - and they just seem very high in price to me. I know that the 123GO probably had something to do with it, but they just seem really high.

I usually book a balcony - been on RCL and Celebrity a few times - and usually it's around 1000.00 ish, but this time it seems that it is 1500 pp to begin, even for a 2D....

I wonder what will happen tomorrow - I put a hold on a 2C balcony, even though my dad will flat out refuse to go at that price- but I wonder if it will even go higher with the new pricing....

Just wanted to know if anyone had the same observations...

I just looked at pricing for Reflection. You must be looking at a cruise around the holidays in the Caribbean? If so, then yes, they are in the $1400-$1700 price range for a veranda. Otherwise, they are pretty much what you referred to - $999 - $1100 for a veranda. These are all 7 night cruises.

Since you don't specify a date, it's really hard to tell what you are looking at.

No, not over the holidays at all - its Feb 20th - 7 day Eastern Caribbean.

The cheapest oceanview was 1429.pp total 2858, and the cheapest verandah - a 2D was 1619pp - total 3238.

Ouch!

The last 3 cruises with Celebrity you didn't hit the 1000 mark until almost concierge - the insides would be 700ish, then OV 849ish, then balcony 800-1049 approx.

These are way higher.

Granted I am Canadian and it does not show what they are using as an exchange rate and I know our $$ has dropped, so I am sure that's part of it - but I didn't expect THAT much.

I was looking at Caribbean cruises after the New Year as well....

I had to take a double take:eek:....even for an oceanview they

were priced way more than I normally spend.....I have to wonder

what tomorrow is going to bring:confused:

Edited by Lois R

Well then I am confused. According to the Celebrity website, the cheapest OV is $1049 pp and the cheapest Veranda is $1199 pp. These prices are, of course US $$. (And I am looking at the Feb. 20 Reflection cruise.) Guess I will just remain confused. :)

I am no cruise master by any means - but I love researching and price checking and have been cruising for about 8 years.

Is it just me, or does it seem that the prices on Celebrity (specifically Reflection) have gone through the roof?

I have been watching closely the last 6 months and they have not gone down at all - and they just seem very high in price to me. I know that the 123GO probably had something to do with it, but they just seem really high.

I usually book a balcony - been on RCL and Celebrity a few times - and usually it's around 1000.00 ish, but this time it seems that it is 1500 pp to begin, even for a 2D....

I wonder what will happen tomorrow - I put a hold on a 2C balcony, even though my dad will flat out refuse to go at that price- but I wonder if it will even go higher with the new pricing....

We had to cancel a December cruise on the Reflection that we booked back in March. I though we got a good deal then (a 2B for $750 pp w/drinks, gratuities, and $100 OBC). But now we're looking for seven nights in the Jan/Feb timeframe for any Celebrity ship in the Caribbean and the prices are way too high. Definitely north of $1000 for any date for a 2B or better.

I agree with someone who mentioned on the bundling thread that Celebrity has already raised the rates sometime back in order to get ready for the GO!BBB pricing, since I've also been looking the last 2 months or so. And it doesn't look like anything that I've done a little bit of checking on are more than half booked at this point (which for all I know may be the norm for six months out?).

I personally don't think there will be that much difference in prices come tomorrow, especially for the Caribbean. The new bundling pricing is not much different than the 123GO or PYP or whatever else they've called it over the last 2-3 years.

I used to pay outright for the drinks package (ie definitely a fan of it) so getting as a perk is worth it if it's still a reasonable total fare. But I'll look at others that offer it as well as a perk, such as NCL (never cruised with them) and Princess (many times on Princess, but it's been a while) is starting as well. I believe they somewhat build the perk prices into the fares, but with the drink pkg I think it's more along the line of Celibrity's true cost of the pkg and not what I'd pay retail for the pkg. That puts it more in line with the other offer's cost (eg free gratuities, which theoretically go to the crew, so is 100% passed on to the crew). A decent deal for us at least.

I'll wait until the dates get closer and the fares drop, which they will. May even have to wait until after final payment would be due, but that's fine.

Thx.

The op is right. Across the board, particularly in Europe, I have seen a massive hike in prices whatever the dates (with the exception of transatlantics that have more or less remained the same price).

Inflation is not this bad at the moment globally. Fuel costs are way down, as well.

Still if passengers are willing to pay the increase then Celebrity will put up their prices.

Will be interesting what the new CEO says about this on cc soon.

There have been several threads on this issue with a number of Celebrity fans looking for other cruise lines to try or go back to.

I was looking at 7 Caribbean itineraries for spring of 2017 and I thought the prices were high and they aren't even offering 123 go for veranda of lower. For the price difference between a standard veranda and CC it would be more beneficial to book CC if the drink package would be purchased on board. Let's see what tomorrow brings with bundling .

I just read where the 123 Go promotion is being replaced with another promotion effective July 1st, and already you can see the prices have gone way up. This is because you will automatically be getting your choice of "perk" depending, I guess, on cabin and length of cruise. I wonder if you can opt out of the perks and get a better price for the cruise? I don't think so! For us that are Elite and Elite+ we already get free happy hour and free internet and if we book through a TA we also get OBC or gratuities or both. So this new permanent promotion is of no value to me. In fact, it will probably hinder my future cruseing. Anyone know the name of the CEO? I'd like to e-mail him my thoughts on this subject .

Anita

Anyone know the name of the CEO? I'd like to e-mail him my thoughts on this subject .

Anita

Are you serious?? Yes, send HER an email. I'm sure she'll want to read it first thing in the morning, before the live chat with Cruise Critic.

Try the Feb. 6th cruise. It is still at the same price that we booked many months ago, however, the Feb. 13th has risen by over $400. I'm assuming that Feb. 20th did as well. Sure glad we locked in when we did.

Those Feb dates may coincide with winter break so I would imagine they would be be popular and increase in price. I'm just wondering what they are going to do with the CC and higher categories that now have all three perks. I wouldn't pay those prices for just the drink package and adding the gratuities or OBC for $15 a day more doesn't make financial sense.

I just read where the 123 Go promotion is being replaced with another promotion effective July 1st, and already you can see the prices have gone way up. This is because you will automatically be getting your choice of "perk" depending, I guess, on cabin and length of cruise. I wonder if you can opt out of the perks and get a better price for the cruise? I don't think so! For us that are Elite and Elite+ we already get free happy hour and free internet and if we book through a TA we also get OBC or gratuities or both. So this new permanent promotion is of no value to me. In fact, it will probably hinder my future cruseing. Anyone know the name of the CEO? I'd like to e-mail him my thoughts on this subject .

Anita

Anita, there is thread at the top of this forum where you can

ask questions to the CEO...she is having a chat on here tomorrow.

It is not a "He"......her name is Lisa Lutoff-Perlow.

Is it just me, or does it seem that the prices on Celebrity have gone through the roof?

The op is right. Across the board, particularly in Europe, I have seen a massive hike in prices whatever the dates (with the exception of transatlantics that have more or less remained the same price).

Inflation is not this bad at the moment globally. Fuel costs are way down, as well.

Still if passengers are willing to pay the increase then Celebrity will put up their prices.

There have been several threads with a number of Celebrity fans looking for other cruise lines to try or go back to.

As with just about any product or service, from any company, in any industry...It's almost ALWAYS about supply and demand.

With the transfer of Century, Celebrity is about the ONLY cruise line to experience a DECREASE in passenger capacity.

Right now, and into the foreseeable future, there is a HUGE excess supply of cruise ships and cabins, with SEVERAL MORE SHIPS and THOUSANDS MORE CABINS being added every single year.

THAT excess supply is why you see SO many ridiculous marketing ploys to try and get people to FILL ALL THOSE CABINS.

I think I am proof positive of the incredibly LOW prices available due to the excess supply. (at least in SOME areas)

My most recent cruise was 14 nights in April on Celebrity for $699pp with $450 OBC.

I just booked a 15 night Celebrity cruise for November @ $799pp with $500 OBC.

Last fall I did a 23 night transpacific from San Francisco to Sydney for $799pp with $250 OBC!

I just booked Explorer OTS for a 35 night B2B in April for UNDER $1,700pp with over $500 OBC.

If you avoid the marketing hype, and spend a little time shopping the online sites, there are bargains galore.

Edited by teecee60