Aussie Dollar

In option 2 the OBC deal is better the shorter the cruise. Over 9 days and you are ripping yourself off i.e. Paying more than the OBC is worth.

The grats for option 2 are a losing proposition unless you are in a suite. $20 AUD pp per day to get (whatever Mic worked it out at) $17 ish AUD pp of grats.

If you are going to buy the internet and upgrade you drinks package anyway the "Best" option is good value. But only if you would see value in their rip off internet costs.

That's the same with anything. But there's no reason to suggest they'll change. They haven't in the US.

That is because $15 USD will always equal $15 USD no matter how it fluctuates around other currencies, while the current exchange is put at $20 AUD and this may move to $25 AUD if the AUD weakens even further.

Edited by MicCanberra

In option 2 the OBC deal is better the shorter the cruise. Over 9 days and you are ripping yourself off i.e. Paying more than the OBC is worth.

The grats for option 2 are a losing proposition unless you are in a suite. $20 AUD pp per day to get (whatever Mic worked it out at) $17 ish AUD pp of grats.

If you are going to buy the internet and upgrade you drinks package anyway the "Best" option is good value. But only if you would see value in their rip off internet costs.

Yes, from what others (US CCers) have said, the Big and the Best are the better options as the Better deal depends on the cruise length.

Yes, from what others (US CCers) have said, the Big and the Best are the better options as the Better deal depends on the cruise length.

It appears to be one of those offers where you really have to be up with what everything costs onboard.

For those that drink alcohol, first choice always has to be the drinks package as that is the highest value item of the four.

OBC for shorter cruises PLUS pay your gratuities up front. Celebrity's exchange rate is often better than current exchange rates. Buy extra OBC if you think you'll need it.

It appears to be one of those offers where you really have to be up with what everything costs onboard.

For those that drink alcohol, first choice always has to be the drinks package as that is the highest value item of the four.

OBC for shorter cruises PLUS pay your gratuities up front. Celebrity's exchange rate is often better than current exchange rates. Buy extra OBC if you think you'll need it.

I suppose the main thing is to pick what suits you for the particular cruise best.:D

Yes, Big price will remain the same.

Extra levels are $20 extra, which is comparable to the US pricing adjusted for exchange rates (actually a little bit more generous given current rates).

According to Celebrity, and this is in US $$, the differences are as follows:

From Big to Better - $15 per person per day (one add'l perk = 2 total)

From Better to Best - $45 per person per day (all 4 perks included)

(Best also upgrades the beverage pkg. from Classic to Premium)

With the new wifi perk, they've added some add'l wifi pkgs:

unlimited (10-14+ day cruises) = $349

$59 = 90 minutes

$109 = 240 minutes

$59 = 24-hr day pass

Wifi packages may be shared, but only person may be logged on at a time.

Sorry, but I think you've got that wrong. In the example I saw, Bigger to Best was $30 per person per day.

Big to Best is $45.

Essentially, each perk you add costs $15pp per day.

That is because $15 USD will always equal $15 USD no matter how it fluctuates around other currencies, while the current exchange is put at $20 AUD and this may move to $25 AUD if the AUD weakens even further.

That's the case, but that applies to all spending related to the cruise, from the cruise fare, to gratuities, to everything else spent onboard. Nothing different about these upsells.

With the new wifi perk, they've added some add'l wifi pkgs:

unlimited (10-14+ day cruises) = $349

$59 = 90 minutes

$109 = 240 minutes

$59 = 24-hr day pass

Wifi packages may be shared, but only person may be logged on at a time.

Yes, that's right for the underlying US prices.

As stated, the extras are $20 Australian each (converted at a slightly better exchange rate than current) , so better is $20 extra, and Best is $60 extra/person/day.

Yes, that's right for the underlying US prices.

As stated, the extras are $20 Australian each (converted at a slightly better exchange rate than current) , so better is $20 extra, and Best is $60 extra/person/day.

Correct and the length of the cruise and the individual's preferences really do determine which package (Big, Better or Best) is the best value.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

We have received a future cruise certificate of almost $600 USD from Royal as a reimbursement for a few days we were confined to our cabin with gastro on our Quantum cruise.

They really looked after us on board and informed us at the time we reported the illness that they would be issuing the FCC.

As it in USD I assume if we book a cruise in AUD locally they will do the conversion at the current rate. Has anyone booked having one of these FCC certificates?

I will call C&A anyway because I want to know how they apply and if they are combinable with booking on board OBC and C&A balcony discounts.

We have to use it on a cruise before May 2016 or we lose it so the plan is to book something locally on Radiance, Explorer or Voyager early next year either when a last minute deal pops up or when we are on board Solstice in November.

We have received a future cruise certificate of almost $600 USD from Royal as a reimbursement for a few days we were confined to our cabin with gastro on our Quantum cruise.

They really looked after us on board and informed us at the time we reported the illness that they would be issuing the FCC.

As it in USD I assume if we book a cruise in AUD locally they will do the conversion at the current rate. Has anyone booked having one of these FCC certificates?

I will call C&A anyway because I want to know how they apply and if they are combinable with booking on board OBC and C&A balcony discounts.

We have to use it on a cruise before May 2016 or we lose it so the plan is to book something locally on Radiance, Explorer or Voyager early next year either when a last minute deal pops up or when we are on board Solstice in November.

I am not familiar with the RCI ones but calling them up is a good first move. It is logical that if it is worth $600 USD that it should be at least $750 AUD.

Was it based on your original booking being through a US agent?

It could have been set up based on the booking you were on, as is normally the case for new bookings onboard.

I believe when handled locally though they will convert it. Similarly, it works like a credit to the price you paid, so doesn't affect the booking and promotions, but best to check that.

Edited by The_Big_M

Was it based on your original booking being through a US agent?

It could have been set up based on the booking you were on, as is normally the case for new bookings onboard.

I believe when handled locally though they will convert it. Similarly, it works like a credit to the price you paid, so doesn't affect the booking and promotions, but best to check that.

Yes. A US TA in USD. I would think the same as you do about the way it will be handled.

Edited by woodyren

• 3 weeks later...
Bought $1000US obc on Royal today for $1300 AUD. So price hasn't changed yet thank goodness :).

Yeah that's the same as what they quoted me today...so at just under 77c it is pretty good. When is your cruise Brossy?

Big, Better Best is not available on all Celebrity cruises. Was excited when I first read about BBB as had just booked a Celebrity cruise. and it appear good value, until I put my glasses on and read the fine print. Excluded...transpacific cruise.:mad:

Edited by happysnapper

Yeah that's the same as what they quoted me today...so at just under 77c it is pretty good. When is your cruise Brossy?

November but it's only a 3 nighter.

I am hoping to redraw most of the cash to put towards my US trip for next year.

November but it's only a 3 nighter.

I am hoping to redraw most of the cash to put towards my US trip for next year.

I hope Royal only give you the money in AUD what you paid.

It is no surprise Royal have cut this great scheme back to a poor exchange rate.

So many other cruisers genuinely want to buy OBC to spend onboard.

all the aussie ships like Princess, Carnival and p&o all have AUD currency and no tipping involved as its built into the fare

i'm a princess cruiser and their loyalty program is very good, i havent cruised Carnival but i believe they have a loyalty program but p&o give you zero

Hi,

If you are a Princess cruiser and have also sailed with P&O these cruises will be added to your Princess Captain's Circle Points.

Princess has a very good loyalty program, they have Gold, Ruby, Platinum and Elite, depending on how many days or cruises you have sailed on will depend on which class you are in. If you go onto the Princess website and read about the loyalty system (Captain's Circle) that will help.

Regards :):)