Very different expectations!

This is semi-O/T, because different cruise line, but this was one of the first reviews I ever read of DCL.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=219449

After you click the "More" button and see the wall of text, you're going to pause, but there is some major craziness in there worth reading.

All I can say is *WOW* That review must have taken longer to write than the time spent on the cruise!!! :eek:

I gave up after reading about the Key to the World card!! :confused:

thanks for this link-very entertaining"!

and this from someone who doesn't complain?!!!!

I thought my kids were fussy eaters but they were wonderful in comparison-never had to consider nutritional supplements for an inadequate diet

not sure how adding pancakes to a diet of fruit loops and apple juice would prevent diarrhoea!

Oh, that's perfect.

It was a really overblown review... definitely an outlier.

LOL, for sure. When I read the part about having to teach the bartender to squeeze OJ, I could practically hear the part in the movie where she's lecturing her butler about the caviar [emoji13]. And heaven forbid there are unsightly children around [emoji33]. I don't have my own children yet, but I am a teacher; perhaps I therefore have a bit of a soft spot, but I generally encounter more obnoxious and inconsiderate adults than children in life in general, and also on cruises.

This is semi-O/T, because different cruise line, but this was one of the first reviews I ever read of DCL.

After you click the "More" button and see the wall of text, you're going to pause, but there is some major craziness in there worth reading.

Wow. Just wow. I read only a small fraction of that review, and it amazes me how consistently people can blame their own lack of preparation and generally illogical behavior on everyone but themselves.

In defense of the reviewer....for the price he probably paid for the Haven...he assumed that it would be "like being royalty" (with nannies for the kids..lol).

Sometimes people are busy....they don't have time for "research".

Honestly....if I paid the prices I see (which I wouldn't)posted I'd have some pretty high expectations also.

However, since I am a CC poster....I know what I could get....and I'd rather stay with the masses.

LOL...that's 20 minutes I'm never getting back. sheesh imagine if she was a complainer. :D

:eek: I had to stop at fruit loops.

As for healthy foods. I am cruising next week. I am in a suite and I plan on asking our butler for healthy snacks each afternoon - veggies and fruit and cheese/crackers. I have already arranged for a scale for our suite, so I can make sure I keep an eye on my weight - what I am saying is if you want healthy food, you can find it - no matter where you are. Chefs are very accommodating if you tell them you need certain foods cooked a certain way. This poster "could" have done the same thing - since he does have the haven concierge - he should have enlisted him/her to help them during the cruise. The concierge could have gotten them to the correct person to talk to about meals. This one is on the cruiser, not the cruise line.

All in all, I think the reviewer did several things wrong that could have corrected their week if they had wanted to - that being said, I am sorry they had a bad cruise - I had a bad cruise out of Galveston on Carnival - I chalked it up to experience and continued cruising - its all in the attitude.

o.

Congrats on the weight loss. I agree you can make healthy choices and they are always accommodating for foods.

Also good attitude. We had a bad experience with Celebrity and like you, it won't stop me from cruising it just seemed like one of those trips where anything that could go wrong did.

I think that all of you are being extremely mean with respect to the review of DCL. Wouldn't you be a picky eater if your parent constantly had verbal diarrhea?

With such helpful parents, I'm sure the child will grow into becoming a responsible adult with excellent problem solving skills.

I think that all of you are being extremely mean with respect to the review of DCL. Wouldn't you be a picky eater if your parent constantly had verbal diarrhea?

I suspect the child's problem was that his mother kept putting dippers on his bottom.

That Disney review was the greatest review I have ever read on CC. When she got to the part about her little brat getting diarrhea from a non stop diet of FruitLoops and Apple juice, I couldn't stop laughing. :p It has to be made up. I think it was written by a brilliant comedian. Thanks for this link! :D

That Disney review was the greatest review I have ever read on CC. When she got to the part about her little brat getting diarrhea from a non stop diet of FruitLoops and Apple juice, I couldn't stop laughing. :p It has to be made up. I think it was written by a brilliant comedian. Thanks for this link! :D

I've wondered for a while if it was real or not. If it's fake, it's a masterpiece. If it's real, I just so desperately want to go back in time and tell her there are other places to get pancakes on the ship besides Cabanas.

I call shenanigan's on that Disney review.

My sister cruised them using cash and they will not let you charge more than you have on file with them because there's no way they know if you can pay it. There's no cruiseline that would let you charge more than you have on file.

Also I find it hard to believe she couldn't find food. When we cruised them, the waiters bent over backwards at dinner for my 2, for example they listed 'fruit plate' for dinner but my son just wanted a banana, so every night when we got to the table there was a cut banana on a plate for him. The not getting pancakes for room service I believe since that's a limited menu in the morning.

I call shenanigan's on that Disney review.

My sister cruised them using cash and they will not let you charge more than you have on file with them because there's no way they know if you can pay it. There's no cruiseline that would let you charge more than you have on file.

Also I find it hard to believe she couldn't find food. When we cruised them, the waiters bent over backwards at dinner for my 2, for example they listed 'fruit plate' for dinner but my son just wanted a banana, so every night when we got to the table there was a cut banana on a plate for him. The not getting pancakes for room service I believe since that's a limited menu in the morning.

I've never cruised Disney and I don't have kids, but I also find it difficult to believe that it would be that hard to acquire a PBJ on a ship aimed at families with small children? Would love to hear input on this. (Although maybe it's harder because so many DCL-family children seem to have extensive nut allergies?)

Edited by perditax

I've never cruised Disney and I don't have kids, but I also find it difficult to believe that it would be that hard to acquire a PBJ on a ship aimed at families with small children? Would love to hear input on this. (Although maybe it's harder because so many DCL-family children seem to have extensive nut allergies?)

My son ate PB&J at least twice a day on our last DCL cruise. He's a super picky eater, and they basically created whatever he wanted at dinner for him, regardless of what the menu listed. Most days just PB&J or else noodles with butter.

I can't believe the DCL review was only for a 4 day trip - I'm not sure I could write that much for a 4 week trip! lol

And I just have to comment on the whole charging bit. This whole family sounds like they are the kind that never balance their checkbook, and are completely shocked when they bounce or get an overdraft. Or can't understand why they don't have any more money in their checking account - because they still have checks left in their checkbook!!!

How did the mother/grandmother think the excursions were going to be paid for if not from her credit card on file (that you give your signature for when you are doing all of you paperwork to check in)? I can maybe see charging like $320 - $350, before thinking there might be something wrong with notifications. But to charge $1,500 before you think "Hey, this seems like a lot of crap I'm getting for my $300" and check with the front desk is completely stupid.

Great read lol

Edited to add:

And My first thought when she said "The first person I talked to on Disney's 800 number was a woman named Annette on April 26th at 9:50 PM eastern time" was that the Disney call center makes all of their employees use pen names of former/current Disney stars. There's Annette, Brittney, Hannah, Justin.....

Edited by laurabegorrah