Oasis Suite holder Luggage tags/flight...how does it work

Hello all, so I got the luggage tags in the mail and we are suite holders traveling in Aug 1st on Oasis.

When we arrive, I suspect the bags will end up in the room. BUT when we leave we are supposed to put the bags outside the room. Do they end up at home? Meaning do we ever see them again after we leave the ship or do the end up at the airport and on our flight? Very confused about how this works?

Can anyone else explain it to me?

Thanks!:)

Hello all, so I got the luggage tags in the mail and we are suite holders traveling in Aug 1st on Oasis.

When we arrive, I suspect the bags will end up in the room. BUT when we leave we are supposed to put the bags outside the room. Do they end up at home? Meaning do we ever see them again after we leave the ship or do the end up at the airport and on our flight? Very confused about how this works?

Can anyone else explain it to me?

Thanks!:)

If you use luggage valet (this depends on port, airport, airline, and flight times), then you put your bags outside the room on the last evening and you should next see them at your destination airport.

If you don't use luggage valet, then you still put your bags outside the room on the last evening, and retrive them in the terminal building after you walk off the ship.

Note that luggage valet is free to full suite guests. You will receive a form in your stateroom giving you the option to use luggage valet.

Edited by clarea

There are time restrictions with luggage valet....someone else will know the answer to that question.

If you don't or can't use the valet, then you will pick up your bags before going thru Customs, and then head to the airport with your bags and check them onto your flight, just like you did on the trip TO the ship!

Not a suite guest, but considering luggage valet? How much time can it save you with disembark?? Is this a good option with an early flight????

It can save time since you don't have to find your bags in the terminal, however they generally won't allow luggage valet for an early flight. For example, at Ft. Lauderdale, your flight has to be after 11:30am.

I absolutely LOVE the luggage valet program. It is worth EVER penny of the $20 PP that they charge. The answer to part 2 (early flight) is no. They will not allow you to use luggage valet if you have an early flight...exactly how early is the discriminator. With most ports, you must have a flight that leaves at 11:30 or later. That threshold time is different at PC...maybe 1:00 PM ? Can't remember for sure.

So if you have a flight leaving before 11:30 and you are leaving out of FLL, MIA...one of the airports that supports luggage valet, then you will not be able to use it.

• Haha 1

So you still go through customs without you luggage?

You will always have to go thru customs.

Just that with the luggage valet program you aren't having to carry your luggage. You will only have your carry off bag in this case.

The bags go from outside your door directly to the airport. You won't see them until your final destination airport.

100% worth the money. Put them out night before and never see them again. Well, at least not until you get to your home airport, hopefully.

Two notes: don't miss the cut off date to turn in the form there is no grace period, period.

Remember to only attach the luggage valet tags and not the regular tags that might show up in your cabin.

Another good point is they also print your board passes, which will be included in you packet.

There is also a place on the form to check if you don't have to pay airlines luggage fees. Otherwise the ship will add it to your shipboard account.

OK, that's more than two points, but it's a great program.

Thanks for the information. I'm going to use it when I go.

Not a suite guest, but considering luggage valet? How much time can it save you with disembark?? Is this a good option with an early flight????

Luggage valet is a Godsend ! Normally on Oasis, your flight has to leave after 11:30 AM.....that ensures your luggage makes it from the ship to the airport on time. You still have to go thru customs when you leave the ship, but you are luggage free and won't see it till you arrive at your home airport. This saves time at FLL also, as you already have your boarding pass !