Have you ever embarrassed yourself on a cruise?

rodenboy

Okay here's a discussion point for us all! Staff will always say "have fun, embarrass yourself, you'll never see these people again..." Etc etc!

So, have you got any stories where you have decided to be a little brave on the karaoke for example and its fallen flat on its face? Maybe you tripped over in front of the captain? Let's share our stories! No judging, this is all in fun!

Here's my story:

On the Allure of the Seas I decided to brave the singing competition whereby you have to sing the next line in the song (a bit like don't forget the lyrics) and I was last in the row of contestants. The previous contestants had Lady Gaga, Abba, Journey, The Beatles, all of which I sang along to no problems! I was given The Drifters Under the Boardwalk. I oozed confidence and they all knew it. I knew the song, I've sang it many a time before. It came to the line I needed. I just couldn't remember it!! Mind blank!! I could have died it was so funny!! Needless to say, I went back to my seat with my tail between my legs!! Ah well!

Your turn guys!! What's your funny story?

Edited by rodenboy

The spaghetti strap on my gown broke after dinner...I had to make it back to the cabin holding the top of my dress up until I could sew it back on!!! Awkward holding my purse, my dress up and trying to work the elevator....

Not as much embarrassing as bewildering for a first time cruiser.

I was on my way back to my cabin and realized I'd passed my #, so I turned around and went a few doors back. But it wasn't there.... I paced between 4 cabins several times trying to figure out where my cabin was. I thought someone was playing a joke on me and was so confused. So I just stood there trying to figure out where my room was.

Luckily a room steward noticed my confusion and after I told him my cabin # he explained that I was on the wrong side of the ship.... 😄 hahaha

On my Panama Canal cruise I was carrying back a platter of food from the buffet in one hand and using my cane in my other hand. I was about five or so doors from my cabin and the drawstring on my shorts decided to come untied! To make matters worse, there was a woman walking behind me, going to her cabin, I assume, and as my shorts hit my knees she burst out laughing! Fortunately my cabin steward was coming out of a cabin nearby and saw what was happening and took my food platter so I could pull up my shorts! Fortunately I don't recall seeing that woman again, for the duration of the cruise.

Edited by Treven

All the time, but then I do on land too.

LOL - that's what I was thinking.

Treven: my DH has a big stomach and a little butt. The situation gets worse as he gets older. I can't count the number of times we've been going through airport security and they tell him to remove his belt and walk through the entry way. Wait for it...1, 2, 3, they are slipping, 4, 5 ... That's it! They are down around his knees and he STILL won't let go of the crap around him. Carrying groceries into the house. Get out of the way! Down they come :eek:.

Treven: my DH has a big stomach and a little butt. The situation gets worse as he gets older. I can't count the number of times we've been going through airport security and they tell him to remove his belt and walk through the entry way. Wait for it...1, 2, 3, they are slipping, 4, 5 ... That's it! They are down around his knees and he STILL won't let go of the crap around him. Carrying groceries into the house. Get out of the way! Down they come :eek:.

My kids say I am even better at embarrassing them. :D

In fact DD says it's in the job description

• A father must embarrass each child at least once per day:eek:

Yep, that pretty much describes the sinking row boat that I'm in.:D

Edited by Treven

I don't limit myself to ships!

I have some difficulty with spatial relationships; forward, reverse, up down, left, right, etc. I am always pulling the door that very clearly says "PUSH" and vice versa and often bonking myself in the process. My husband is always saying "your OTHER left" while I am using my hands to try to get my brain to quickly make the right choice regarding left or right, etc.

I have been this way since I was a child so I know no difference but for those who don't know me it must seem, well, unusual. However, I have exceedingly good night vision and can navigate quite easily in near total darkness - go figure. I am also somwhat color blind which is fairly rare in women and has resulted in some hilarious misadventures resulting when someone says something like "... turn left at the brown building.". Who knows where I might find myself? : )

Edited by Bookish Angel

For travel you can find belts with plastic buckles.

Norwegian Cruise to Mexico,Karaoke with my sister (with my two other sisters and niece sitting watching us), singing "Good Bye Earl" zipper broke on my pants, they slid quickly down to my ankles, the karaoke screen was on the wall, ao the audience got a full view, pulled them up and finished the song, the rest of the cruise my sisters went around singing "Good Bye Pants" ...

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

On an excursion in Mexico the tour guide had just finished telling the bus load of us to watch our step at this stop because the steps were uneven. I was not 10 seconds out of the bus when I tripped on the steps and fell flat on my face. Skinned up my knees real good. Felt like a fool in front of the whole tour group!!

How about getting him some pants with elastic? :D

LuLu

I was thinking suspenders with buttons. :D

In the spirit of this thread.

The Carnival Fantasy class starts muster inside then you walk to your actual muster station.

One cruise our muster station was in the comedy lounge. I missed a step up and faceplanted in front of everyone.

I love all your stories.

So far, I haven't embarrassed myself either on a ship or on land.

Then there must be something wrong with you; that or you haven't lived right!:D

Edited by Treven

On my first cruise I went on an excursion but ended up with a migraine and felt really sick. There was a long line to get back on the ship. I told my husband that for once I needed to skip the line and go to the front before I passed out. He dragged me to the front of the line and told the guy that I needed a Dr. We got on the gangway at the top and I passed out. They fixed me up but the rest of the cruise I had so many people say they saw me pass out.

On my last cruise I was with my 2 sons. They were somewhere on the ship and when I got to our cabin I realized that I didn't have my card and I had no idea where they are. It was late so our cabin steward was not around or so I thought. After several people passed me as I stood there all of a sudden our cabin steward came by and let me in. I tried to act naturally but I got several really funny looks.

tigercat

I tripped on my heels that I couldn't walk in (apparently), and fell flat on my face right in front of a bank of elevators. A woman quickly came out of the elevator to ask if I was okay. When I said "yeah, i'm just a little drunk trying to walk in heels" we clearly had a moment. She smiled knowingly, told me to have a good night and got right back in the elevator.

It was fun. I would do it again. :p

On my Panama Canal cruise I was carrying back a platter of food from the buffet in one hand and using my cane in my other hand. I was about five or so doors from my cabin and the drawstring on my shorts decided to come untied! To make matters worse, there was a woman walking behind me, going to her cabin, I assume, and as my shorts hit my knees she burst out laughing! Fortunately my cabin steward was coming out of a cabin nearby and saw what was happening and took my food platter so I could pull up my shorts! Fortunately I don't recall seeing that woman again, for the duration of the cruise.

:eek::D could picture the whole scene in my mind....LOL! If I was behind you I would have helped pull up your knickers! Could always be worse.....the elastic in your underwear could have broke at the same time......see.....glass half full now:D