Best and the Worst Didjaever

LCTXcruiser

Shrimp and plum sauce! My son and I were ordering the didja items every night and everyone else would try it (about 17 people). It was hilarious how one by one, after trying it, everyone would stop the waiter and ask for another order!

Oh, and the worse was probably the sushi, although I didn't hate it.

Edited by TechDiva

For me.... Best - Alligator Fritters! Could eat them as the meal!!!

Worst...Braised rabbit. Couldn't keep a bite down - LOL!

Now see..I think the Alligator Fritters aren't any good. Too much breading and not enough gator.

Then again, I loved the braised rabbit!

LOL too funny!:D

My favorite though is the Frog Legs, order 2 every time!!!

I was shocked how much my daughter and I liked the escargot! Mmmmm. But then we ordered them on Princess and Royal and they are NOT the same. Princess's were okay but rather salty and Royal's were just gross.

We didn't care for the frog legs....couldn't eat them. Looked too much like the frog still. They just hacked off his little legs and threw them on the plate. I know...what did we expect?

We also found the alligator fritters to be rather dry and could mainly just taste the breading. I say we because my daughter and I usually share things like that since we don't want to order two and then not like it at all.

One sort of a "didja" item we tried in FL was shark bites. These two MN girls thought they tasted a lot like Walleye. LOL

I have never tried any of the "didja" items.:eek: I'm a plain, picky eater. The DH and DS however will try anything! The DH liked the alligator the DS did not. They didn't like the frog legs or the escargot. I just laugh when they stick food in their mouth that they don't like...the look on their faces is priceless! LOL! But hey...I have to give it to them...at least they try which is more than I can say for myself.:D

PS...I did recently try Alligator fritters in FL while having dinner with a family friend that desperately wanted me to try them because she loved them so much. OMG! I almost gagged! They were so gross! And NO, they DO NOT taste like chicken!:eek::eek::eek: At least not like any chicken I've ever eaten!

Edited by mousey

Why is Shrimp and Plum sauce on that list? Isn't that common?

I'll be able to answer this once I cruise again in September, but so far the only thing I've never had in my life in alligator. Everything else I've had at least once in my life. Looking forward to trying the new menu, since I haven't cruised since 2007.

Escargot is one of my faves! And yes, it's all about the garlic! :D

Worse: the Oysters Rockefeller (absolutely no oyster to be found under or in the green slime they filled the shells with) Alligator Fritters (no alligator)

Passable: escargot and frog's legs (I am talking about the preparation as I love escargot and frog's legs).

I am not good with meat like, rabbit, duck, frog legs, alligator etc, or raw fish.

The one that I enjoy is the candied smoked salmon thing.

I really dont have any wish to try most of those didja things. Go for it to those who do.! There is enough on the menu for me to find something.

Man, I didn't even try it, but I gagged for real watching my kids eat the ox tongue. It LOOKED like a tongue! They each took one bite, said it tasted good but the consistency was disgusting. Me and my mom had to avert our eyes. Hideous, I tell ya!

Love those slimy, garlicky snails! I always order at least 2 servings. I agree that the alligator fritters are mostly bread. My worst so far-shrimp. Sorry folks but the more I chew the bigger they get in my mouth.

It is a selection on the menu that changes each night in the MDR. It is suppose to be "exotic" fare that one would have never eaten before. Not the case for some of us and we found because it was suppose to be new to the people eating it, most items were poorly prepared and not up to what one expect if used to eating the food item.

I'm sorry, but what is a Didjaever? is that menu items in MDR??

and if so which line?? Sounds extremely interesting. :p

I'm not sure how they spell it on the menu, but it is supposed to mean "did you ever" as in did you ever try this ...

(probably should be wouldjaever)

ok, this does sound interesting.....is it on all the ships (Paradise) in particular?? Forgot to ask on my last post.

I think they are on all.

Escargot...first time I tried it was on my 1st cruise. Not bad and I didja'd again.

Frog legs....were OK, but sure not fresh out of the pond and fixed by someone who knows how to cook them.

Alligator fritters....like others have said, too much stuff and not enough (any) gator.

Will try the ox and rabbit when I get the chance.

Edited by storm1507