Walk along the St David's beaches-Clearwater, Turtle Bay, Long Bay

mitsugirly

Clearwater beach from the air as we landed in Bermuda in June 2015

19175916685_91c075b037_c.jpg

What a gorgeous photo! Makes me want to go back. Only not quite sure (really mean that) if the pic isn't of Long Bay as I don't see the beach bar and the beach looks like it's near the end of that stretch of the island. Could it be Long Bay Beach? Clearwater may be to the left out of the picture. Again, can't be sure, but that does look like Long Bay.

Whatever it is, it's a beautiful photograph and I'm glad to be able to look at it!

the more I look at the picture from the plane, the more I believe that is Long Bay. There was a walkway at the far left end that went up a hill which I see in the picture.

I want to go back!!!! :D

the more I look at the picture from the plane, the more I believe that is Long Bay. There was a walkway at the far left end that went up a hill which I see in the picture.

I want to go back!!!! :D

Thanks for the compliment on the photo. I did not know the name of the beach and a Bermudian friend living in the USA told me it was Clearwater beach. I am going to check with him once again. :)

It truly is an amazing picture! Thank so much for posting it!

The only reasons I think it's Long Bay is that there are no beaches to the right of it ( which Turtle Bay and Long Bay are in relation to Clearwater) and the walkway up to some sort of view point at the top of the hill after the path. We wanted to take the path, but bf didn't have his shoes so we didn't. We basically walked along the beach to the far left end and then swam which explains why he left his shoes where we 'set up camp' under some trees on the other end of the beach. :)

Whatever it is...all the beaches along there are worth the trek to see! :)

What a gorgeous photo! Makes me want to go back. Only not quite sure (really mean that) if the pic isn't of Long Bay as I don't see the beach bar and the beach looks like it's near the end of that stretch of the island. Could it be Long Bay Beach? Clearwater may be to the left out of the picture. Again, can't be sure, but that does look like Long Bay.

Whatever it is, it's a beautiful photograph and I'm glad to be able to look at it!

Meant to say Clearwater may be to the right as well as Turtle Bay. Oops! :o

NO!

Here is Warwick Long Bay that you missed. It was right after a storm and the seaweed hadn't been cleared yet.

82b66878-966f-4ec1-8820-107fe12d6ccd.jpg

I won't be missing it next time! Unless it's raining or something like that prevents us from going. :D

That's definitely not Clearwater or Turtle Bay. Looks like beach at the Cooper's Island Nature Reserve

I agree, and that's exactly where Long Bay Beach is. Like I said earlier, the beautiful pictured just makes me want to go back! :)

I'm thinking of going there as well. Does anyone know if there's any combinable ticket for the HoHo buses to be able to see both St. George and St. David? I haven't seen Fort St. Catherine so I wanted to go there first. I heard it's a strenuous walk, so I'd definately want to take a bus.

I'm thinking of going there as well. Does anyone know if there's any combinable ticket for the HoHo buses to be able to see both St. George and St. David? I haven't seen Fort St. Catherine so I wanted to go there first. I heard it's a strenuous walk, so I'd definately want to take a bus.

When you arrive at the St George Visitors Center, you pay your $6 to ride the HOHO bus. There's no "ticket" that you receive. It's actually just a stamp they put on your hand (water proof) and you are good to ride them. You can ride either (or both) buses going in either direction for that same $6 per person price you paid for that day. :) (Children are free)

• 11 months later...
Mitsugirly did you go to Long Bay (in St David's)?

I would love to read your review and see your pictures.

ABSOLUTELY!! I think it's one of the most beautiful beaches there and so secluded. It's a must see for sure.

My review is in my signature under Bermuda: Long Bay-Clearwater

Give it a minute to load after clicking on it and it will drop you right off at the beginning of that review. :)

That is truly gorgeous!

Edited by MisterMet

ABSOLUTELY!! I think it's one of the most beautiful beaches there and so secluded. It's a must see for sure.

My review is in my signature under Bermuda: Long Bay-Clearwater

Give it a minute to load after clicking on it and it will drop you right off at the beginning of that review. :)

Thank you so much!