Question about excursions

mocrimlaw

I usually do my own excursions, but on this Mediterranean cruise - my first on Oceania - there are 4 included shore excursions. When I look at them on Oceania's site, many are called "Executive Collection - full day or 1/2 day". These say they are customizable, which sounds great. Does anyone know about these - would they be in the included excursions or do they cost extra? If there are just 2 of us, and it says they are for 6-10 people depending on the excursion, do they pair you with others? And if so, who decides on the itinerary? Also, the descriptions of the excursions seem rather vague - is there any way to get more info, such as how long you are at each stop? Thanks!

I usually do my own excursions, but on this Mediterranean cruise - my first on Oceania - there are 4 included shore excursions. When I look at them on Oceania's site, many are called "Executive Collection - full day or 1/2 day". These say they are customizable, which sounds great. Does anyone know about these - would they be in the included excursions or do they cost extra? If there are just 2 of us, and it says they are for 6-10 people depending on the excursion, do they pair you with others? And if so, who decides on the itinerary? Also, the descriptions of the excursions seem rather vague - is there any way to get more info, such as how long you are at each stop? Thanks!

There is a Thread, a few topics down 'OLife Excursions' that talks about the 4 included excursion (post #6) It seems that the OE & OC labeled excursions are excluded from the OLife offer. If you usually do your own excursions I suggest you find your RollCall and organize or join a group for privately arranged excursions. With your 4 free tours, a few private tours, and a couple of DIYs your itinerary should be covered! We were always very happy with the groups we organized thru the RollCall. Have a great cruise.

Believe what you are seeing in regards to Executive Selection is a car and driver personally for you and the few others where you can determine where you want to go and what to see. The prices are very high depending on the port and some heading for $1,000 per day. Almost positive these would not be included in the free (included) excursions on your cruise.

Others who are sure can chime in but, these are not planned excursions but, basically renting a car and driver to take you where you want in the time allowed.

And it never was ... we did use several Executive Vans for our group of 8 back on the non-Libya cruise in Nov '05 but rates were about half then what they are now.

They were a good bargain in that we had excellent guides for what was then a reasonable price, and we could do what we wanted. Calculate your per person price when considering using one is all.

Mura

I would love to arrange tours with our roll call but there are only 2 replies to it! So, I am interested in the deal with included tours from Oceania. I was informed that we would have to pay an increased price to be eligible for the "free" tours.

I would love to arrange tours with our roll call but there are only 2 replies to it! So, I am interested in the deal with included tours from Oceania. I was informed that we would have to pay an increased price to be eligible for the "free" tours.

That is true, it is called the O life program..and the tours you are talking about are not included

Jancruz1