Internet on Nautica prices?

Thecat123

We are sailing on the Nautica shortly and noticed in the cruise docs that the price of the internet for unlimited internet is $27.99 a day per person not per cabin as other shipping lines we have travelled on

Other places on Oceanias site just mentions a day rate not a per person rate

Anybody know which one would be the correct price?

We are sailing on the Nautica shortly and noticed in the cruise docs that the price of the internet for unlimited internet is $27.99 a day per person not per cabin as other shipping lines we have travelled on

Other places on Oceanias site just mentions a day rate not a per person rate

Anybody know which one would be the correct price?

Depends on how many days your cruise is. I think over 13 it goes down to 22 a day. Not sure of the days, it used to be on the website, now I have trouble finding the pricing for internet on it. It is for one device, so it's not per person.

Edited by ORV

We are sailing for 20 days

One has to go to Life on board then Stay connected to get the internet packages which says

Internet Package Options

A variety of internet plans and packages are available, with special offers and complimentary access for select suite and stateroom categories, promotions and Oceania Club levels.

• À La Carte
    For the sparse Internet user, this package is available on a per minute rate.
  • 200-Minute Package
    This package offers 200 internet minutes (or equivalent data amount).
  • Unlimited
    Consider this package if you require heavy Internet use.

Guests staying in Concierge-Level staterooms and above are eligible for a 10% discount on unlimited and 200-minute Internet packages.

Learn more about Internet Packages

This doesn't mention per person But the cruise Docs say per person of which is where I get confused

Very different price wise like $600 odd dollars compared to $1200

Edited by Thecat123

And also, I think, one device at a time. If one of you has a laptop and the other an iPad, just operate them at separate times.

I could be wrong since my husband is a Luddite and wouldn't know how to use a computer if it bit him ... so I'm the only one who is using it, and I only bother with my laptop on board.

Mura

It will be per account

If 2 people in the same cabin want to use their own devices at the same time you will need 2 accounts charged at the daily rate

If you can manage to use 1 account go online at different times then you only need 1 account

Hope I explained it right

Certain Categories also get so many min free

I think you can still buy a package with 200 min for $160

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/value/internet-packages/

And also, I think, one device at a time. If one of you has a laptop and the other an iPad, just operate them at separate times.

I could be wrong since my husband is a Luddite and wouldn't know how to use a computer if it bit him ... so I'm the only one who is using it, and I only bother with my laptop on board.

Mura

Thats what I would have thought as well as we both have puters for different things

I have read the cruise documents 20 times but it still says per person

I have been known to read things wrong :)

I just like to have things sorted before we leave home

Edited by Thecat123

Possibly it was phrased that way because TPTB assumed only one person works these gizmos ... that isn't true anymore, is it?!

Sometimes editors are a bit sloppy as well.

But I don't think you need to worry.

Mura

Thats what I would have thought as well as we both have puters for different things

I have read the cruise documents 20 times but it still says per person

I have been known to read things wrong :)

I just like to have things sorted before we leave home

You can use 2 differnt devices just not at the same time

Just log in using the same account number (agree on a password both will use)

If you are both using a different device at the same time you will pay PP

Possibly it was phrased that way because TPTB assumed only one person works these gizmos ... that isn't true anymore, is it?!

Sometimes editors are a bit sloppy as well.

But I don't think you need to worry.

Mura

Its funny how we can't do without them nowdays and everybody wants to be able to contact you 24/7 over something silly they could sort out themselves if they used the brain for a minute :mad:

Now just got to sort out the stupid phone calls

We have a short time between flights going over and I asked the TA who should we see if we missed a connection. Got a day to spare though before the ship sails. He said ring him of which I pay for the call from London to NZ and then he rings me back at my expense from NZ as my phone will be on roam :mad:

in the link YOU provided

One login is provided per suite or purchased package, and it may be used across a variety of devices, but on one device at a time.

pretty clear to me

Its funny how we can't do without them nowdays and everybody wants to be able to contact you 24/7 over something silly they could sort out themselves if they used the brain for a minute :mad:

Now just got to sort out the stupid phone calls

We have a short time between flights going over and I asked the TA who should we see if we missed a connection. Got a day to spare though before the ship sails. He said ring him of which I pay for the call from London to NZ and then he rings me back at my expense from NZ as my phone will be on roam :mad:

Contact the airline special service desk in the terminal they are the ones that helped you miss the connection ;)

Then call the hotline number for Oceania if the airline cannot reschedule you

Edited by LHT28

Contact the airline special service desk in the terminal they are the ones that helped you miss the connection ;)

Then call the hotline number for Oceania if the airline cannot reschedule you

Was trying that as a first option but sometimes we have found they go blank that's why TA said to ring him if we have trouble and it would be midnight in NZ :)

Just once again covering the odds

Also they aren't Oceania flights

Edited by Thecat123

in the link YOU provided

One login is provided per suite or purchased package, and it may be used across a variety of devices, but on one device at a time.

pretty clear to me

Straight from the cruise documents we got 2 days ago on page 44

Quote The Unlimited cruise package is @27.99 per person per day and is available for purchase, anytime during your cruise :)

Quote The Unlimited cruise package is @27.99 per person per day and is available for purchase, anytime during your cruise :)

Ok then

Was it the same as on your other Oceania cruises ??

Edited by LHT28

Fair enough, but you don't have to buy it for both people in a cabin unless you want to. Your choice. There is also a discount for cruises that are more than 13 days. Unless it's changed it's 21.99. They'll tell you this on board.

There is also a discount for certain levels in the Oceania club. Don't know if you have that or not though.

Enjoy your cruise.

Ok then

Was it the same as on your other Oceania cruises ??

Our first time on Oceania so we don't know how they work things and was wondering if this "per person" was an update price wise on which is actually on Oceanias web site. We do get a little off as we are on the Concierge level

It was the words "of price per person" which had me confused and concerned

The last cruise we were on never mentioned those words of per person

Glad we have it settled :)

Edited by Thecat123

As it was explained by others, it is per person (or per account) but there is no need to purchase 2 accounts. I don't think that both of you need to be online 24/7. :)

Just get 1 account and use it one person at a time (same login & password).

Don't bother with 200 minutes - it's not enough unless you only check your e mails once a day or so - for most other things you'll do better with unlimited.

Also, you can save a bit if you start it on day 2 or 3 (unless you need it every day from the beginning).

Enjoy your cruise.

Don't bother with 200 minutes - it's not enough unless you only check your e mails once a day or so - for most other things you'll do better with unlimited.

Also, you can save a bit if you start it on day 2 or 3 (unless you need it every day from the beginning).

Enjoy your cruise.

Been there done that with that 200 minutes and agree its a waste of time with the slow speed on ships thats why I was looking at the unlimited package

I was thinking both people in the cabin had to buy two internet packages like with some drink packages on some ships where both people in the cabin had to buy a drink package each

Looking forward to trying Oceania and seeing how it compares to the other shipping lines we have been on :)

Looking forward to trying Oceania and seeing how it compares to the other shipping lines we have been on :)

Do not try to compare just enjoy what Oceania has to offer

BTW you do not have to both buy the Beverage Packages unless you want to ;)

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

Do not try to compare just enjoy what Oceania has to offer

BTW you do not have to both buy the Beverage Packages unless you want to ;)

Lyn

We are pretty easy to please as we have tried MSC through to Seabourn

With Seabourn the drinks were included but I think it was Royal Caribbean who semi demanded you to buy a drink package for each person in the cabin. I don't drink but the wife has a couple every now and then so we pay as we go

I think it's more common for cruise lines to require both people get the drink package, but that may just be our experience. I remember that when we were on Viking (for a riverboat cruise) 3 years ago both people had to get the package.

It's my thought that Oceania is not unusual in not requiring both people to get it.

But we are like TheCat ... DH rarely drinks alcohol and while I do I'm happy to have a cocktail in our suite before dinner and wine with. We rarely go to the bars and I don't drink enough to justify the cost of a package.

We will have a drink package on an upcoming NCL cruise but that's because it was a "freebie". Otherwise we wouldn't have bothered.

Mura

Do Oceania let you take a bottle of something like Baileys on board so the boss could have a drink in the cabin?

You can bring on wine and liquor freely.

There is a corkage fee for wine in restaurants. Liquor and wine in cabin is free.

Its funny how each cruise line is different

A friend lost one of his bottles on one cruise he went on

We aren't cheap skates but don't like getting nickled and dimed for everything

Edited by Thecat123